By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which Console do you Prefer and why?

Which Console do you prefer?

Microsoft Xbox 360 75 24.59%

Nintendo Wii 65 21.31%

Sony PlayStation 3 165 54.10%

Total:305

I've heard a lot of things about this forum and its userbase, so I'm honestly kind of curious what the lean is.  Of the three consoles this generation, which one do you like the best?  If you only have one, which one do you have?  

I'd also like to know WHY you chose that console; what features or games does that console have that make it stand out for you?  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

Since around 2009, PS3 has been my favourite. Why?

1. The awesome exclusives that cover many genres.
Uncharted, Killzone, LittleBigPlanet, Resistance, Heavy rain, Infamous, Gran turismo, God of war to name a few.

2. A great online service, for free!

3. It's the best media hub out there + It's a blu-ray player (helps out in the games department aswell)

4. Some cool features like Iplayer, ITV player, 4oD, An internet browser and trophies.

The Wii doesn't really appeal to me, not a huge fan of nintendos first party (call me crazy), Crappy online service and bad graphics bother me after playing some of the best looking games this gen.

And the 360 doesn't really do anything the PS3 can't do, apart from cross game chat, but I couldn't care less about that, whereas the PS3 definitely has more and better exclusives imo, more features, and has more file/media options. I do love gears of war though, but it's not worth buying a console for.

What about you op?

Personally, I prefer the PS3 the most. Between the game list (which is practically identical to the 360 aside from some exclusives), the hardware stability, the free online play, and the Blu-Ray capabilities, nothing else compares. Coming in second is the 360, since it has great online capabilities, some really awesome games (including a fantastic XBLA game set), and an expansive community. Third is Wii, which I like, but given the fact I've only bought two games for it in the last three years....well, it's not getting much play. those games I got were fantastic (DKCR and New Super Mario Brothers Wii), but it's just not getting enough play.

I chose PS3 for those features because:

1 - I'm also a lover of movies, Audio/Video was what I Went to college for, so the Blu-Ray is right up my alley.
2 - I don't like paying for online. PC is free, PSN is free, Wii is free, no reason I should have to pay for XBL.
3 - I don't play online enough to justify paying for it. maybe a dozen times all year.
4 - I love a lot of genres of games, and I find the PS3 list to be much more varied. Plus I'm not a huge fan of shooters
5 - I prefer the controller design, and I especially love the lack of batteries needed.
6 - my first Xbox Red-Ringed within two weeks of owning it, my first PS3 only needs a disc drive clean to work again
7 - other multimedia options work for me.
8 - what online I do play is just as smoothe and glitch-free as the Xbox equivalent, plus it's free.
9 - I love the PSN. while the XBLA has better original titles, I love rebuying PS1 games that I've lost or had broken
10 - while the PSMove is disappointing, it's nice to see it incorporated into REAL games, not shovelware. (Killzone, LBP2, Resistance, etc)

On the flipside, I hate about the PS3:

1 - No backwards compatibility anymore. Seriously, Eff off Sony for taking that away.

With the Xbox, I love the following:

1 - Great support on the XBLA, best of the online systems.
2 - I love the controller as well, not as good as PS3 in my eyes, but a HUGE step up from the original Xbox.
3 - Bethesda and Bioware games are much better on the 360

but HATE:

1 - I still have a 60 gig pro model...could Red Ring at any time. Plus it makes a horrible grinding noise.
2 - I really don't like paying for online gaming. I have enough bills to pay, I'd rather take that 60 a year and buy a new game.

With Wii, I love:

1 - Wii First Party titles are unrivaled! (Mario, Metroid, zelda, Kirby, DK, Smash Brothers, Mariokart)
2 - I loved the Virtual Console...at first. Seriously, it's so awesome to have Mario RPG again!
3 -

But I am disappointed in:

1 - Seriously, I hate forced motion control. In many games this is the only bad part (Galaxy, DKCR, etc)
2 - It's sad when the best games would be better played on a Gamecube controller
3 - Too much shovelware/not enough third party support. Too much high-selling garbage to wade through to get the good stuff.
4 - absolutely no support over these last few years! few VC games are released anymore, and there's been maybe a half dozen games that interest me over the last three years
5 - Fucking Operation Rainfall...seriously.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

i would of said PS3 a while ago b/c i had very good experiences with there PS the last two gens but now that we've seen what all 3 can do and did

i believe MS 360 is the best overall console

it came out first in 05 and during 05-06 it provided gamers with HD gaming and immediately offered alot if not all of last gens ps2 exclusives multi plats, it was also first with achievements among other things like installing games to its HDD, and your able to have custom soundtracks on all there games rumble and achievements since the get go. alot of games this gen are multi plat and about 90% if not more of these games run and look better on the 360 console

the only thing thats preventing or prevented the 360 from being a mega god console this gen was its rrod issues and that they charge for online

Play Me

It varies depending on what games are releasing..

In 2009, I was gaming on my PS3 mostly with Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2, R&C: ACiT, Batman, Killzone 2, Resident Evil 5, & Assassin's Creed 2. While I only played my X360 for L4D2 & a few older games.

However in 2010, I gamed on the X360 more. On the X360, I got Mass Effect 2, Red Dead Redemption, Bad Company 2, Halo Reach, Alan Wake, Bioshock 2, Fallout: New Vegas, & with a few hours of Left 4 Dead 2. While on the PS3, I just played Heavy Rain, God of War 3, & Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.

This year, I'll be gaming on the PS3 a lot more. I'll be playing Dead Space 2, Portal 2, LA Noire, LittleBigPlanet 2, inFamous 2, Batman, Assassin's Creed, Dark Souls, & Uncharted 3 all on the PS3. While on the X360, I'll be playing Gears 3, Deus Ex, with a little L4D2 & REACH.

So yeah, it depends on which has the better combination of exclusives and better multiplats for the time.

I don't know which one I prefer. When I wanna buy a shooter/WRPG, I buy it on X360. When I wanna buy an action-adventure/JRPG/ I buy it on the PS3. That's the general rule I follow unless the game is ridiculously better on one of the consoles.

Oh yeah features.
- I like trophies more than achievements. One platinum means you've mastered the game, but 1,000 GP could mean anything. - Controller, eh, it's about even. The X360 controller works with some games better, the DS3 works with some games better.
- Online. XBL is definitely mor advanced, but then again, PSN is free. I'll give this one to the 360
- Interface & menu speed. Definitely 360.
- Blu Ray Player, Internet, etc are obviously better on the PS3.

Around the Network
BHR-3 said:
i would of said PS3 a while ago b/c i had very good experiences with there PS the last two gens but now that we've seen what all 3 can do and did

i believe MS 360 is the best overall console

it came out first in 05 and during 05-06 it provided gamers with HD gaming and immediately offered alot if not all of last gens ps2 exclusives multi plats, it was also first with achievements among other things like installing games to its HDD, and your able to have custom soundtracks on all there games rumble and achievements since the get go. alot of games this gen are multi plat and about 90% if not more of these games run and look better on the 360 console

the only thing thats preventing or prevented the 360 from being a mega god console this gen was its rrod issues and that they charge for online

Hmm... Since 2009 it's been pretty even I'd say. And before 2009, 90%? I'd say 50% of games ran or looked slightly better. And maybe 10% ran or looked significantly better.

Wii, because of the incredible first party games.

Oh, I also forgot to mention: I looooove variety. I'm not the kind of guy who choses a genre or two and refuses to deviate from that. I play platformers, shooters, RPG's (western and Japanese), puzzle games, adventure, action, sandbox, etc. I like a lot of things and I Feel PS3 caters to my varied tastes a lot better than Wii (platformers and carinval games), or the Xbox 360 (Shooters and Western RPG's). PS3 has all of the above, as well as a lot of unique stuff like HEavy Rain.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

I'm not a fanatic fan boy, but still have my prefference.

I'm an XBOX guy.

1- I'm an American and I feel its very importaint to support American products. I'm simply not going to support a product from Japan in this economy. (Also as long as they keep killing whales and dolphins)

2- $50 a year isnt a ton of cash, so its well worth it for the superior online service.

3- I do actually like the controller better, big and meaty to really grab onto.

4- Some of the special edition boxes are awesome, like the GOW and upcoming Star Wars.

5- Exclusives? How can a gamer live without Gears of War and Mass Effect?  (Not a big halo fan)

Playstation is 2nd to me, a close 2nd. I've had them before, nothing againt it.

Wii.... I cant stand. This casual, kiddie pandering console is an absolute joke to me.

Hope that helps!

PS3

1. Metal Gear Solid 4
2. Free online gaming, I dont care for the extra 360 offers
3. Most futureproof
4. Exclusive games and lot of variety