By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - OOOOH SHIZZLE!: Jak and Daxter HD Collection spotted!

Can't wait, I loved the Jak games and with this and FFX, we do have some great HD remakes on the way

Around the Network

I played the Jak games not too long ago, they are still great to play, but Jak 1 is extremely different to Jak 2 and 3, I might buy this game, but I'm not totally sure as I have these games on PS2 and I'm not overly fused about playing the games again for trophies (although I did get every precursor orbs in Jak 1 ;))

And people were complaining that the PS3 didn't get BC..
Well, now you see why Sony had no incentive to bring back PS2 BC.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Silver-Tiger said:
And people were complaining that the PS3 didn't get BC..
Well, now you see why Sony had no incentive to bring back PS2 BC.

There are still plenty of PS2 games I own that will never see the light of day with a HD upgrade, so PS2 BC is still something I want (even though I own a BC PS3, but it's YLOD).

MasterVG71782 said:
oldschoolfool said:
I'd get this collection. I love all these collections and get most of them.

The collections are awesome for many reasons.

1) It gets newer/younger players exposed to older games. It's also good for people who didn't get a chance to play them due to other releases/lack of money.

2) It gets some updated visuals to make them look better.

3) All of the games on one disc is a super plus.

4. It will have trophies.

Around the Network
hunter_alien said:
Dr.Grass said:
hunter_alien said:
Why? They where great games at their release, but the genre had far moved on since then. I always liked the R&C series more, and Jak didnt age well IMO :|

Leave this thread.

OT AMAZING NEWS!!!

Why should I leave? Have you even played the game in the last couple of years?

When I first played Jak it was  a magical experience for me. It was everything that I wanted from a game. Back then my standards where high for platformers, I just finished Rayman 2 and even so Jak delivered. It was an amazing game.

But thats in the past. The series has pretty much stagnated from then, and the latest itterations proove it. This gen IPs like R&C, Mario, Uncharted showed us that platformers have loooong evolved from their 2001 form, and like it or not the trilogy didnt age well. Just a couple of months ago I tried to play them again, and I couldent bother finish them. The games became too simple for me. I can understand HD collections for games like GoW, MGS, PoP< SotC/ICO, those games still hold up well from a gameplay perspective. Games like Jak/Splinter Cell? Not so much :|

We don't care about that ^

And seriously - Uncharted ''showed that platformers have loooong evolved from... 2001''

You serious? The platforming in Uncharted isn't very evolved.

would be 1st day buy for me!!!

Gamers Y U NO LIKE Jak games after the first one ?!

i'll never undestand the hatred.

whoop. Always wanted a HD collection of this. They should make a new game for the PS3. These were so much better then crapit and shit: tools to clean the toilet

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Are people actually saying that Ratchet and Clank was better than Jak and Daxter as a platformer? Ratchet and Clank was always horrible as a platformer, the main focus on those games were always the guns, which were usually pretty boring I thought. Jak actually had very smooth controlls, the jumping was very responsive and fluid, the melee was just as fluid and felt satisfying. Ratchet was always very clunky, he has always been clunky.

Besides, Ratchet is for babies, real men beat Jak II.