By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - OOOOH SHIZZLE!: Jak and Daxter HD Collection spotted!

hunter_alien said:
Dr.Grass said:
hunter_alien said:
Why? They where great games at their release, but the genre had far moved on since then. I always liked the R&C series more, and Jak didnt age well IMO :|

Leave this thread.

OT AMAZING NEWS!!!

Why should I leave? Have you even played the game in the last couple of years?

When I first played Jak it was  a magical experience for me. It was everything that I wanted from a game. Back then my standards where high for platformers, I just finished Rayman 2 and even so Jak delivered. It was an amazing game.

But thats in the past. The series has pretty much stagnated from then, and the latest itterations proove it. This gen IPs like R&C, Mario, Uncharted showed us that platformers have loooong evolved from their 2001 form, and like it or not the trilogy didnt age well. Just a couple of months ago I tried to play them again, and I couldent bother finish them. The games became too simple for me. I can understand HD collections for games like GoW, MGS, PoP< SotC/ICO, those games still hold up well from a gameplay perspective. Games like Jak/Splinter Cell? Not so much :|

hold up. I bought the splinter cell collection and it holds up really well in my mind. LOve it.

Around the Network

I'd buy it. Best Naughty Dog series so far. (imo of course)

non-gravity said:
Boutros said:
I played the first Jak and Daxter not so long ago and I thought it aged very well. The cartoony graphics are still pleasent and the gameplay is very fluid. I'd love to play the other two in HD.

The first one is fine, the other two are travesties. Jak II tried to copy GTA III.

Yes,and imo it turned ou to be much better. It doesn't give you the freedom you had in GTA but it was much better polished.

Also, CTR copied MarioKart, Uncharted copied Gears Of War, where's the problem?

I truly hope this graces the PSV. I would love to have some of my favorite PS2 platformers on the go.

MasterVG71782 said:
Silver-Tiger said:
And people were complaining that the PS3 didn't get BC..
Well, now you see why Sony had no incentive to bring back PS2 BC.

There are still plenty of PS2 games I own that will never see the light of day with a HD upgrade, so PS2 BC is still something I want (even though I own a BC PS3, but it's YLOD).

well, the problem is, Sony's interests =/= your interests.

BC may boost some sales of the PS3, but it doesn't give them game sales. And game sales are far more important. BC is just not profitable enough.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Around the Network

I think i just shat my pants.

Silver-Tiger said:
MasterVG71782 said:
Silver-Tiger said:

There are still plenty of PS2 games I own that will never see the light of day with a HD upgrade, so PS2 BC is still something I want (even though I own a BC PS3, but it's YLOD).

BC may boost some sales of the PS3, but it doesn't give them game sales. And game sales are far more important. BC is just not profitable enough.

Until they officially kill the PS2, I guess we'll never see the light of PS2 BC on PS3 again.

MasterVG71782 said:
Silver-Tiger said:
MasterVG71782 said:
Silver-Tiger said:

Until they officially kill the PS2, I guess we'll never see the light of PS2 BC on PS3 again.

Seems like it, sadly. And I don't put much hope into the homebrew scene, either. Every progress they make is for the old 60GB/80GB BC PS3s.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

MasterVG71782 said:
I want to believe this, and I really hope it's true. If it is, then that only leaves a Ratchet & Clank collection as the only PS2 first party action/platformer left.

Also, I hope this means that a new Jak & Daxter might be in development or something.

Well there's one left; there's Primal.  And while I'm at it, Primal, Twisted Metal: Black and Twisted Metal: Head On are the only non- eyetoy, sport game, left for them to translate.

This is already paid for in my mind. *Moonwalks out of thread*

I am the Playstation Avenger.