By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - OOOOH SHIZZLE!: Jak and Daxter HD Collection spotted!

hunter_alien said:
Why? They where great games at their release, but the genre had far moved on since then. I always liked the R&C series more, and Jak didnt age well IMO :|

Leave this thread while you can son, they're coming!

OT: Oh sweet god please let this be true, Jak II and III are so goddamn good (saw my cousin beat Jak but haven't played myself)

I hope this is true with all my might

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network
mantlepiecek said:
non-gravity said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
hmm guys what HD collection came out without a recent release of the new iteration of the franchise, already announced next iteration of the franchise or one announced soon after?

new Jak incoming!?????

Prince of Persia

Splinter Cell (so far)

God of War Origins (so far)

Beyond Good and Evil (sequal is years away)

He is talking about Sony. PoP and splinter cell are ubisoft.

Sony has released gow, sly cooper collection and ico & sotc collection. GoW3, sly 4 and last guardian.

The new collection came after GoW released on the PS3 so another GoW will probably release sometime.

There's been no Jak, so there might be a new Jak as well.

yep and even in the PoP and SC scenarios..we saw a new SC (last year I think it was for 360) and a new one for 3ds. PoP also had a new game in recent years (still have to play this..I'm a HUGE fan of the franchise but 2008 left a bad taste)

a new GOW is a given as you said..I'm thinking VGA reveal for that.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Hasn't Naughty Dog expressed interest in a new Jak & Daxter, but said they actually won't make it? Maybe we'll see another dev switch, like with Sly 4 (Sanzaru Games is doing Sly 4, not Sucker Punch).

great news but i only want JAK3. i hope a R&C collection is next!

Dr.Grass said:
hunter_alien said:
Why? They where great games at their release, but the genre had far moved on since then. I always liked the R&C series more, and Jak didnt age well IMO :|

Leave this thread.

OT AMAZING NEWS!!!

Why should I leave? Have you even played the game in the last couple of years?

When I first played Jak it was  a magical experience for me. It was everything that I wanted from a game. Back then my standards where high for platformers, I just finished Rayman 2 and even so Jak delivered. It was an amazing game.

But thats in the past. The series has pretty much stagnated from then, and the latest itterations proove it. This gen IPs like R&C, Mario, Uncharted showed us that platformers have loooong evolved from their 2001 form, and like it or not the trilogy didnt age well. Just a couple of months ago I tried to play them again, and I couldent bother finish them. The games became too simple for me. I can understand HD collections for games like GoW, MGS, PoP< SotC/ICO, those games still hold up well from a gameplay perspective. Games like Jak/Splinter Cell? Not so much :|

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

@To all who have never played Jak

Don't get your hopes. The Jak games were decent back in the day, but there were no Ratchet & Clank, or Sly Cooper for that matter. And after playing Jak 3 a few months ago, I must say, the games haven't aged well.

All I gotta say is Proceed with Caution. Check out some videos & reviewers before getting your hopes up too high.

Now all we need is a R&C Collection.

I played the first Jak and Daxter not so long ago and I thought it aged very well. The cartoony graphics are still pleasent and the gameplay is very fluid. I'd love to play the other two in HD.

Boutros said:
I played the first Jak and Daxter not so long ago and I thought it aged very well. The cartoony graphics are still pleasent and the gameplay is very fluid. I'd love to play the other two in HD.

The first one is fine, the other two are travesties. Jak II tried to copy GTA III.

Good observation Mugen, this does hint at a new Jak in the works. (if true)

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)