By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Dark Souls Thread - .....It Begins

lestatdark said:
arcane_chaos said:
lestatdark said:
arcane_chaos said:
just got back from revisiting the asylum, beat the optional boss(get 20,000 souls and a tantanite slab) there's also two black knights(one dropped a "black knight sword" which is stronger than the dragon sword...but requires a higher strength) and a human knight(got a crescent shield..80% reduction of magic damage)

bought the"crest" from the blacksmith...the enemies are pretty tough but give you a great amount of souls(some enemies you can't lock onto)

btw: anyone know where to get twinkling tantanite and large tantanite?

I got a twinkling titanite (I use you mean titanite), from a crystal lizard (like the ones in Demon's Souls) in some barrels right before you go to the platform with the Taurus Demon. It's hidden beneath one of the barrels and it drops a Twinkling Titanite and a Titanite Chunk. 

thanks!!! now do they respwan when you reach a bonfire?

The one that I found didn't respawn for me. Probably they're unique monsters, like the Black Knights or the Metal Boar, but there must be more in various areas of the game.

thought as much....there's another crystal lizard when you reach the darkroot gardens( or darkroot basin)

Around the Network
NotStan said:
StokedUp said:
NotStan said:
Taurus killed me 3 times already, thanks bro.

you can actually kill that demon in 3 hits dude! Just head up the ladder thats to right as soon as you enter the area where the 2 archers were. and the demon will stand at the bottom looking up for a few seconds, if you run of the ledge where hes standing and press attack you'll do a stab into his head and it takes about a 3rd of his life, Then dodge his attack and repeat 2 more times.

Didn't work. I wasn't aware the ladder was there the first few times I died, but now that I found it just before you mentioned it - however, as soon as I climbed it, the demon has jumped up there with me.. Not sure if that's the new patch or I was being too slow somehow?

Its not a glitch its a real strategy so I doubt it gets patched out. just do it a bit quicker and it should work.

Mad55 said:
NotStan said:
StokedUp said:
NotStan said:
Taurus killed me 3 times already, thanks bro.

you can actually kill that demon in 3 hits dude! Just head up the ladder thats to right as soon as you enter the area where the 2 archers were. and the demon will stand at the bottom looking up for a few seconds, if you run of the ledge where hes standing and press attack you'll do a stab into his head and it takes about a 3rd of his life, Then dodge his attack and repeat 2 more times.

Didn't work. I wasn't aware the ladder was there the first few times I died, but now that I found it just before you mentioned it - however, as soon as I climbed it, the demon has jumped up there with me.. Not sure if that's the new patch or I was being too slow somehow?

Its not a glitch its a real strategy so I doubt it gets patched out. just do it a bit quicker and it should work.

Yeah I was most likely being too slow - the controls are still a bit clunky to me and not used to them entirely so it takes me a bit of time to line up and jump down on him - and I've only tried that once, but when I did he jumped up at the same time, so we sort of merged mid air then he went up and I went down.

Will just keep trying, but I've just kept farming the area for some souls, and getting my characters level up.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

NotStan, what level are you? Im gonna try the taurus seriously now.

Was off wandering in the sewers, fell down to god knows where, found frog like things and got cursed... t

All this after celebrating my victory against Gaping Dragon.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

Come on, the Capra Demon wasn't even hard >_>. Just hit him twice, dodge to the side when he does his double sidesweep attacks, repeat attacking pattern and run up the stairs when you need to heal.

Dark Souls, so far, is following the Demon's Souls tradition of tough normal enemies (either by their shear number or actual toughness) and somewhat weak bosses.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit, oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttt -> This was me just now after falling in a hole in the sewers in the middle of four frogs, destroying all of them with dodges and not getting cursed once!

This. Is. Dark. Souls!!!

Edit - Ahahahaha, got invaded in the middle of fending off some frogs and still managed to come unscathed and without being cursed!!!!. I'm never turning off this game now, i'm on a lucky streak (though I'm sporting 11K souls and I'm afraid of losing them all T_T). 

Edit 2 - Managed to find the bonfire in the sewers with the 11K souls intact. I'm on a frigging high right now

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Have fun without me....

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

Kamal said:
Have fun without me....

huh? explain yourself =D

@topic: Have 2 favorite bosses now, sadly, both were quite easy. =(

- Moonlight Butterfly (Free translation from teh leet german language)  and Gaping Dragon. first for atmosphere, second for scale.

but seriously now ppl, whats the easiest way to invade others? Which covenant should i take? I neeeeed to be able to slay players. !

PS: FINALLY exchanged that damn DragonSwordthing.. its fine and all, but everyone has it. (Okay, Meat Cleaver will be popular too, but.. its been nerfed, or, better said, changed into a faster, smaller weapon. but i still love it.)

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Crystalchild said:
Kamal said:
Have fun without me....

huh? explain yourself =D

The small matter of me not getting paid (ASSHOLES) which has left me resoundingly suffering til I can get the game on monday. Atleast I can ponder on the 9000 different ways I'll end up dying in Dark Souls.

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."