By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Dark Souls Thread - .....It Begins

Solid-Stark said:
lurkerwithnosoul said:
Solid-Stark said:
lurkerwithnosoul said:
Solid-Stark said:
No new trophies, but I think it's a solid piece of DLC. Manus is a pain in the ass first time around! Artorias fight was epic!

Did people really enjoyed the time consuming achievements this game offered that they wanted another round of it?

I didn't. I thought at least the pay-off would be greater, especially the stuff you do with the last boss soul. Neither his weapon nor the spell you gain from it are usefull in the metagame.

I did. With many builds. To each his own.

No, but i mean, it's really useless stuff. Not worth the time and effort you waste on them.

Have you ever hit anyone with Sunlight Spear? It's better to run WoG in the two slots you would be wasting with the Sunlight Spear, or the lesser lightning spears.

The Greatlord Greatsword is even worse. At least if you're under 200SL. But i can assure you, i am at 205 and i can still find better use in some other weapons than in that waste. The RT attack is the most worthless I've ever seen, and it doesn't even look special. The only good thing i can thing for it is that has low requirements, its light and does a somwhat decent damage.

They have a high resistance to faith attacks. That is what made my playthrough with my faith build so fun.

That greatsword was nothing special to begin with. All my builds hover around Lv250, but no I do not use greatswords with any of them.

I'd try adjusting you character(s) with different armor and weapons.

The point is, it should be. It was made with the last boss soul after all. :d

I don't know how many Faith builds one can get, but with mine i use the man-serpent greatsword, since it scales A in strenght. Buffed, does a good chunk of damage to the opponent. And has a nice move-set too.

BKGA when i don't feel like buffing my weapons.

What do you use with your character(s)?

Around the Network
lurkerwithnosoul said:
Solid-Stark said:
lurkerwithnosoul said:
Solid-Stark said:
lurkerwithnosoul said:
Solid-Stark said:
No new trophies, but I think it's a solid piece of DLC. Manus is a pain in the ass first time around! Artorias fight was epic!

Did people really enjoyed the time consuming achievements this game offered that they wanted another round of it?

I didn't. I thought at least the pay-off would be greater, especially the stuff you do with the last boss soul. Neither his weapon nor the spell you gain from it are usefull in the metagame.

No, but i mean, it's really useless stuff. Not worth the time and effort you waste on them.

Have you ever hit anyone with Sunlight Spear? It's better to run WoG in the two slots you would be wasting with the Sunlight Spear, or the lesser lightning spears.

The Greatlord Greatsword is even worse. At least if you're under 200SL. But i can assure you, i am at 205 and i can still find better use in some other weapons than in that waste. The RT attack is the most worthless I've ever seen, and it doesn't even look special. The only good thing i can thing for it is that has low requirements, its light and does a somwhat decent damage.

They have a high resistance to faith attacks. That is what made my playthrough with my faith build so fun.

That greatsword was nothing special to begin with. All my builds hover around Lv250, but no I do not use greatswords with any of them.

I don't know how many Faith builds one can get, but with mine i use the man-serpent greatsword, since it scales A in strenght. Buffed, does a good chunk of damage to the opponent. And has a nice move-set too.

Pyromancy/Dexterity - Lifehunt Scythe, Fire Uchigatana, Pyromancy spells.

Faith/Strength - Grant, Occult Uchigatana, Sunlight Spear (only miracle).

Intelligence - Enchanted Uchigatana, Enchanted Shotel, many magic spells.

Faith/Dexterity(PVP) - Uchigatana +15, Darkmoon Blade miracle.

Strength - Demon Greataxe.

Dexterity(PVP) - Bandit knife, Ricards Rapier, a few miracles.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Solid-Stark said:
lurkerwithnosoul said:
Solid-Stark said:
lurkerwithnosoul said:
Solid-Stark said:
lurkerwithnosoul said:
Solid-Stark said:

Faith build without WOG is not a faith build. And if you want intelligence build, moonlight greatsword is a necessity

Player1x3 said:
Solid-Stark said:
lurkerwithnosoul said:
Solid-Stark said:
lurkerwithnosoul said:
Solid-Stark said:
lurkerwithnosoul said:
Solid-Stark said:

Faith build without WOG is not a faith build. And if you want intelligence build, moonlight greatsword is a necessity

Says who? Lulz I don't spam.

I beg to differ. The moonlight, or any greatsword, for any build is not a necessity.

e=mc^2

Solid-Stark said:
Player1x3 said:

I beg to differ. The moonlight, or any greatsword, for any build is not a necessity.

Tell me what other weapon has S scaling with intelligence, has amazing moveset, and deals insane amount of pure magical damage on which very few armours have any resistance

Around the Network
Player1x3 said:
Solid-Stark said:
Player1x3 said:
Solid-Stark said:
lurkerwithnosoul said:
Solid-Stark said:
lurkerwithnosoul said:
Solid-Stark said:
lurkerwithnosoul said:
Solid-Stark said:

Tell me what other weapon has S scaling with intelligence, has amazing moveset, and deals insane amount of pure magical damage on which very few armours have any resistance

You cant be serious...

e=mc^2

I am