By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Dark Souls Thread - .....It Begins

Horray! My pricilla dagger now has S scaling!

Around the Network
EncodedNybble said:
JGarret said:
Ornstein and Smough battle is just bullshit... i´m level 60, summoned Solaire, i know their weaknesses (Ornstein weak against fire, Smough against lightning) and still having trouble and on the verge of giving up.

I was able to defeat every boss to this point without much trouble (Taurus, Capra, Gargoyles, Gaping Dragon, Quelaag, Iron Golem) but against those two, even summoning a NPC, I am unable :(

The spike in difficulty is a bit too high for me at the moment.

In case i don´t give up, any advice as to what i should do/go next if i wanna forget about fighting them for now?

Well, unfortunately, an item that you get after defeating them sorta opens up a lot of the rest of the game.

Places you can go without defeating them (I think):

-Great Hollow/Ash Lake (not much there but it'd be a change of scenery)

-New Londo Ruins and the 4 kings (I think you can do this without the lord vessel right, but this area is tougher and the boss is tougher than Ornstein and Smough).

-Painted World (though you can't exit this area until you finish it though you don't have to beat the boss to finish it, just gotta make it to then end)

Advice on beating them:

-Grind for a bit, gain a few levels

-Perhaps try different armor

-Perhaps try different weapons

-Upgrade weapons and armor

-Summon online players instead of just Solitaire

-Be better at fighting them ( keep Smough at a distance so that Ornstein always does his lance dash type attack and them attack him, Smough will basically not touch you if you do this right .)

-Kindle the bonfire closest to them to get more estus flasks

In my opinion, I had more difficulty on the 4 kings and the iron golem than I did on O & S.  Granted, my iron golem fight still had the giant hurling fire at me....but I didn't think they were that tough.

Thanks, man!...but yesterday I finally got my revenge!..those two bastards are dead and it´s Quelaag´s furysword + 4 that made all the difference.

I´m gonna check out Great Hollow and Ash Lake.

As for the bolded....0_0

Damn, the battle against that centipede demon has some of the shittiest camera i´ve ever seen in a game.From Software dropped the ball big time in this fight.

JGarret said:

Damn, the battle against that centipede demon has some of the shittiest camera i´ve ever seen in a game.From Software dropped the ball big time in this fight.

Yea it's almost as if they found the area was too empty, and dropped a boss fight there for filler. Really didn't help that you had a tiny piece of land to battle on

Whoa, almost a month since the last post here.

I gather after the patch, no more questions needed to be asked?

Around the Network

I kinda stopped playing for a while. I have to beat the 4 kings, but I don't see how. Only tried a few times though. Doesn't help that the closest bonfire is Firelink Shrine.
There's a question for you. Is there another one that's closer/faster to arrive from?

ithis said:
I kinda stopped playing for a while. I have to beat the 4 kings, but I don't see how. Only tried a few times though. Doesn't help that the closest bonfire is Firelink Shrine.
There's a question for you. Is there another one that's closer/faster to arrive from?

Well you're right in that Firelink Shrine is the closest bonfire. However there is a shortcut to the right of where you encounter the first two ghosts that makes it easy to reach 4 kings. I just basically run passed everyone straight to the fog door.

I'm still playing it, I'm heading towards the Four Kings now. I completed most part of lower new londo, but I died to a Darkwraith in a rather stupid way.

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

blunty51 said:
ithis said:

Well you're right in that Firelink Shrine is the closest bonfire. However there is a shortcut to the right of where you encounter the first two ghosts that makes it easy to reach 4 kings. I just basically run passed everyone straight to the fog door.

Ah, you can jump down there somewhere?

Also on the four kings. I killed one with fire easily enough. But then the other two then the third arived. I don't see how I can concentrate on one while not being hit by another or the third. And all their attacks are hard hitting. I was thinking that I can finish off the first one with chaos whip quickly, then run to the second one and maybe finish that one off quickly too... Assuming that they all have the same weaknesses and attacks/attack patterns.

ithis said:
blunty51 said:
ithis said:

Ah, you can jump down there somewhere?

Also on the four kings. I killed one with fire easily enough. But then the other two then the third arived. I don't see how I can concentrate on one while not being hit by another or the third. And all their attacks are hard hitting. I was thinking that I can finish off the first one with chaos whip quickly, then run to the second one and maybe finish that one off quickly too... Assuming that they all have the same weaknesses and attacks/attack patterns.

Yup, pretty close to the first set of stairs you encounter. Just don't go up the stairs, and keep to the right. It's basically somewhere you can jump down now that the water level is low.

For the 4 kings I just basically tank it, using havel armor set, strong magic shield and iron flesh. When you are right up to them, you usually take less damage, and can use combustion pretty easily. They all have the same attack patterns, and you wanna kill each one as fast as possible before the other arrives. I used up all my pyro/magic for about 3/4 of their health and two-handed the rest. I died a decent bit even with this method, mainly because they respawn if you take long enough.