By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So G4 Isn't Exactly Excited for Skyward Sword :P

Marks said:

First off it looks terrible. It looks like its from about 2005, 360 launch games look better.

Secondly the entire combat is motion controls so that'll be hit or miss depending on the player and if he likes motion gaming or not. 

Just look at this dude http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1Z-P-RBzmw Like from around 2:00 on its some boss battle and she has to do is run around and then wave her arms around to swing the sword. Like yeah i guess its cool the way you swing your arms is how link uses his sword, but I don't want to play a game that's as long as Zelda with motion controls the entire time.

There's no way in hell this game will hold a candle to Ocarina of Time. Zelda is one game that should not have gone the way of motion controls. Plus its been in development about 5 years it took almost as long as GT5 to make and you get a game that's graphically not even as good as 360 launch titles?

Just forget its Zelda for a second and look at it objectively. 

You win. The game looks terrible, the combat is just a waggle fest and I'm a Zelda fanboy. Sorry, but before I go, just a comment: try to read hands-on and impressions. Maybe, you are looking at a different game that everyone else are playing. Or maybe they are like me, and because is Zelda, we cant look at it objectively.

Oh, one more thing. Seeing how part of your opinion is based in that video let me tell you that in the real battle at the finished game, you don't have 8 hearts, maybe just 6 (at most), so at 3:55 she died.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Marks said:
Pavolink said:
Marks said:
Skyward Sword does look pretty bad, lets be honest. Forget for a moment the fact it has Zelda in the title and just look at the gameplay. Pretty weak.

Exactly. The games has very very weak gameplay. So, Ghirahim take Link's sword and attacks him? pfff, do you need to mix shield and sword attacks to defeat him at the first battle?

Let look at the bettle or the bird, you have to control like a plane as Wii Sports Resorts? The bow? or the Whip? Weak. Do you have to swing your sword on different directions because the foes are covering? Weeeaak

Seriously, no. Just no.

First off it looks terrible. It looks like its from about 2005, 360 launch games look better.

Secondly the entire combat is motion controls so that'll be hit or miss depending on the player and if he likes motion gaming or not. 

Just look at this dude http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1Z-P-RBzmw Like from around 2:00 on its some boss battle and she has to do is run around and then wave her arms around to swing the sword. Like yeah i guess its cool the way you swing your arms is how link uses his sword, but I don't want to play a game that's as long as Zelda with motion controls the entire time.

There's no way in hell this game will hold a candle to Ocarina of Time. Zelda is one game that should not have gone the way of motion controls. Plus its been in development about 5 years it took almost as long as GT5 to make and you get a game that's graphically not even as good as 360 launch titles?

Just forget its Zelda for a second and look at it objectively. 

What the hell, why did you show me that video =[

now my little rant seems out of place and i should have seen that video before talking ...

morenoingrato said:
Well, I lost all respect for her after her SMG2 rant, I mean, it was her opinion, but it was still immature.

you had respect for her ? xD what did she ever do that made you "ah this get must be respected!"

PullusPardus said:
morenoingrato said:
Well, I lost all respect for her after her SMG2 rant, I mean, it was her opinion, but it was still immature.

you had respect for her ? xD what did she ever do that made you "ah this get must be respected!"

You should know that some of us try to respect every other human being.

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

spurgeonryan said:

I think it will be a great game! It obviously is being given a lot of delicate touches to make it perfect. Has a Zelda game other than in the CD-I ever made anyone bored?

I can see Twilight Princess, Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks as the most frequent answers. Maybe someone could say Ocarina of Time or Wind Waker. Nobody will mention A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening and Majora's Mask.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
PullusPardus said:

Evolution of Gameplay and Uncharted in the same sentence?

i'm i the only sane person that doesn't see how Uncharted evolved from the first game? , Cover, shoot, puzzle, repeat.

Well we don't know what Drake's Deception will be like yet but I can say for sure Among Thieves was a big change from Drake's Fortune.

Among Thieves added online elements, both competitive online (which I didn't play much of but apparently was really well done) and also co-op which I did play a fair bit of. And also it was graphically a huge improvement over Drake's Fortune. Yeah the core gamplay mechanics didn't change but really if it ain't broke don't fix it. 

Marks said:
PullusPardus said:

Evolution of Gameplay and Uncharted in the same sentence?

i'm i the only sane person that doesn't see how Uncharted evolved from the first game? , Cover, shoot, puzzle, repeat.

Well we don't know what Drake's Deception will be like yet but I can say for sure Among Thieves was a big change from Drake's Fortune.

Among Thieves added online elements, both competitive online (which I didn't play much of but apparently was really well done) and also co-op which I did play a fair bit of. And also it was graphically a huge improvement over Drake's Fortune. Yeah the core gamplay mechanics didn't change but really if it ain't broke don't fix it. 

the single player is what they are talking about.

hitman looks like a flop for now, tomb-raider should be kick ass, and they are completely right about Zelda.

shigeru miyamoto knows he was lying when he said ninty is making new characters. yea right fix whts broken but still sells thats my take on it.

yea i'd love to see that change and when it comes i'll by Wiiu.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
hitman looks like a flop for now,

erm, would you mind if i ask you why you think that?

Wait wait!, did they really say "Chrystal Dynamics can really pull it off" about Hitman ? are these guys retarded or something? Hitman isn't made by the same people as Tomb Raider, sure its Eidos , but its OI Interactive not Crystal Dynamics.
do your research ... researchers =/