By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Skyrim - The Official Thread!

I found this following scene when I was trying to get to the Atronach Stone for my High Elf pure Mage character (the best stone, by far, for a pure mage character) and I laughed my ass off xD.

That was a hunter relaxing in the thermal waters of the Reach area. There was another one sitting nearby as well. Their reply was "Can't a person relax in peace?" XD.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

For those with the PC version: http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=667

This is a much, much better inventory interface.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Mods made PC version millions times better than console

bad22 said:
Mods made PC version millions times better than console

Indeed. I'm using the Enhanced Shaders, Fxaa post processing and 2048x2048px HD textures for most part of the game and it really looks like way beyond what the Vanilla Skyrim looked. 

It's a shame that every pic that I take using Steam doesn't show the effect of the new shaders, instead just the plain old vanilla game. Might get a new version of Fraps for that.

Current PC Build

Around the Network

So is the game still suffering from hiccups and occasional framerate drop issues?(PS3 version)

luvtospooge said:
So is the game still suffering from hiccups and occasional framerate drop issues?(PS3 version)

Yes, and 1.3 is not going to fix it either. Only restarting the game helps when it starts happening. It's very random. Letting game time pass can help as well according to the developers. Use wait a lot, or maybe serve a long prison sentence.

I 'finished' the game today, apart from restore the thieves guild, could not be bothered with their chores anymore. Too bad Blackreach isn't utilized more in the game, it looked like such an interesting place. Maybe I'm missing a quest line after the nirnroot quest? I'm allergic to collect n of x quests since WoW, so I skipped that one. The game never send me back down there after.

SvennoJ said:
luvtospooge said:

Yes, and 1.3 is not going to fix it either. Only restarting the game helps when it starts happening. It's very random. Letting game time pass can help as well according to the developers. Use wait a lot, or maybe serve a long prison sentence.

I 'finished' the game today, apart from restore the thieves guild, could not be bothered with their chores anymore. Too bad Blackreach isn't utilized more in the game, it looked like such an interesting place. Maybe I'm missing a quest line after the nirnroot quest? I'm allergic to collect n of x quests since WoW, so I skipped that one. The game never send me back down there after.

Did you collect all 30 Crimsom Nirnroot and sent them to Avrusa? I agree with you, Blackreach is clearly misused on the game especially when it is so big. It's a shame that only 3 quests are made there.

Current PC Build

i would get the pc version if i knew how to install mods... :'(

man-bear-pig said:
i would get the pc version if i knew how to install mods... :'(

Mods are pretty easy to install on skyrim. Most, if not all, are simply drag and drop processes into the steamappscommonskyrim location which has the Data folder. Once dragged there, the mods are installed, since the .dds files that compound those mods will substitute the usual game files without replacing them in the folder (the Data folder is blank).

There are a couple of mods that increment the graphical output by a lot, with a tiny FPS drop in return. A couple of HD textures (2048x2048px) with the FXAA post processor + ENB Series patch HDR 1.8v mods makes the game a beauty. 

Here's a couple of pics I took with FRAPS, since taking them with the Steam screenshot engine will not make the mod filters appear:

Current PC Build