By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Skyrim - The Official Thread!

got a couple of questions,

Which is the best light armor in the game?
And which is the best out of the Thief guild, Stormcloaks or Darkbrotherhood light armors?

Ive heard that the DarkBrotherhoods armor is supposed to have alot of enchantments.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Around the Network
Kamal said:
What is the best way to acquiring the best equip for a mage build (currently level 13,), decided to focus of conjuration only since its quite beastly and I can work in tandem to improving my one-handed skills.

I have on
Enchanted Novice Hoodie
Necromancer attire
Necklace (which improves health by 10 points)

Probably have to wait a while before I play it again (sent it to my brother's) as the way things are going it will hamper the scores I'll get in my forth-coming exams.

complete the college of winterhold questline, the mages cloths you get for that are awesome

SvennoJ said:
Does anyone play a pure mage?

i did until recently, and i did blow everything up - didnt need armor. ;D

@topic: Anyone knows how to join the dark brotherhood? Thievesguild/Mageguild/Warriorguild finished. =) (PS: Level 48, almost 49.)

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Crystalchild said:
SvennoJ said:
Does anyone play a pure mage?

i did until recently, and i did blow everything up - didnt need armor. ;D

@topic: Anyone knows how to join the dark brotherhood? Thievesguild/Mageguild/Warriorguild finished. =) (PS: Level 48, almost 49.)

On Windhelm, you need to go to Aventus Arentino's house (on the right side of the main entrance, up some stairs). He'll ask you to kill a person, thinking you're a dark brotherhood assassin. After killing that person, wait a few days for a courier to arrive with a letter with a black hand on it and the words "we know". 

After you do, go sleep in any place, and you'll awake in an unknown place with a dark brotherhood assassin talking to you. You can either do what she asks or kill her and you'll get a quest to destroy the dark brotherhood (I know you want to join, but just to keep everyone's options open).

@StokedUp - Dark Brotherhood light armour set is the best, in terms of enchaments, for assassins&thief builds. The best light armour, in pure armour rating terms, is the Dragon set which you can only forge at 100 smithing.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

im really curious why people use enchantments. all the enchantments i found for armor arent for my playstale. and i dont like weapon enchantments because they finish quickly.

atleast i have my skeleton key!

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Around the Network
zgamer5 said:
im really curious why people use enchantments. all the enchantments i found for armor arent for my playstale. and i dont like weapon enchantments because they finish quickly.

atleast i have my skeleton key!

I use them to get extra magicka for my mage. +35 on ring and gloves. +35 shock resistance on boots to help against the magicka drain when fighting conjurers. And I put soul trap enchantment on my sword and bow to finish enemies with, a lot easier then using the soul trap spell.

However if I had just used all the soul gems I'm wasting on enchanting to recharge staffs I probably would never need that much magicka (480 ish now at lvl 28) Staffs seem pretty overpowered compared to destruction spells, you can almost fire them like machine guns, while you have to charge up destruction spells for them to be effective.

I do finally have enough magicka now to easily finish off mammoths and giants in one go with double charged firebolt spells that stun them as well. Blast em in place until their health is almost gone, switch to soul trap enchanted bow to finish them off and fill the soul gem.

Anyone have any ideas about dlc? apparently it will be set in morrowind !!! because if you go to the border between skyrim and morrowind there is a gate and through the gate you can see detailed backgrounds!!

man-bear-pig said:
Anyone have any ideas about dlc? apparently it will be set in morrowind !!! because if you go to the border between skyrim and morrowind there is a gate and through the gate you can see detailed backgrounds!!

That would be pretty cool, especially since we only visited the Vvardenfell island during Morrowind's story (and Solstheim if you count the Bloodmoon expansion). There's a lot that can be explored on Morrowind, especially to make sense of some events in Skyrim (such as the Great Collapse or the conclusion of the Oblivion Crisis).

Although, I would love to see some DLC that dwelves in the story of the Dwemer. There's a lot of Dwemer ruins in the game and they've been building up their lore for the past 3 games, it's about time we get a bit more than the "Oh they were a super-advanced, mathematical race that suddendly dissapeared into thin air" >_>.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

I should hopefully fill my smithing to 100 tonight, then I can smith some dragon scale light armor for my Thief/assassin. The only problem is I don't want to lose my enchantments that my current Thief armor has.

Also which are the best weapons in the game? I currently have an ebony dagger(epic), dwarven mace (epic), ancient nordic bow.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

StokedUp said:
I should hopefully fill my smithing to 100 tonight, then I can smith some dragon scale light armor for my Thief/assassin. The only problem is I don't want to lose my enchantments that my current Thief armor has.

Also which are the best weapons in the game? I currently have an ebony dagger(epic), dwarven mace (epic), ancient nordic bow.

It depends on your playstyle. Plus, the unique weapons, such as the Daedric Artifacts, are bound to the stats that you had when you first got them (they don't seem to scale at all).

The Mace of Molag Bal is my favourite weapon, especially since I always used maces (the 100% damage going through armour is epic), but there are some other pretty good weapons, such as Red Eagle Bane, Dawnbreaker, Ebony Blade (the daedric artifact, not the normal sword), Whuutard, etc. Only unique bow I've found is the Gauldur's Shortbow which is just an improved Ancient Nord Bow, so any forged bow should be better.

Current PC Build