By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - How broad is your taste in music?

What types of music do you enjoy most?

All of it 18 32.73%

I hate music 1 1.82%

Only a few genres 12 21.82%

Rock 9 16.36%

Country 0 0%

Pop/rap 1 1.82%

Techno/dubstep/trance 3 5.45%

Classical music 2 3.64%

Other 7 12.73%

See results 2 3.64%

Total:55

There's little I don't like. The only two things that really come to mind is techno crap because it isn't actually music and J-Pop because it's stupid.

Well, and then there's pop in general but that's not a genre of music unless suck is a genre.

http://www.last.fm/user/twesterm81

Around the Network

I appreciate any and all forms of music as long as it's worth appreciating.

I listen to metal and hard rock more than anything else, but can appreciate the best of all genres as long as it's not rap since that's utter garbage to me.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

I enjoy every genre... Some less than others, but I've heard good writing(imo) in every genre, and crappy writing. Generally I find find recent popular pop and recent rap to be mostly bad. But because it's not clever, and lyrics are beyond craptacular.

from pop, j-pop, rap, R&B, folk, metal, punk, classical, jazz, big band.

Artists I cannot stand. Ke$ha, 50 Cent.

edit: wait, if screamo is a genre I hate that. It's like nine inch nails, or nirvana, only I hate it.

i used to like only rock alternative rock and metal growing up

but i can respect some rap and girly pop songs

alot of my favorite music is from 80-90s, now theres not many rock stations and the ones that are there play alot of 80-90s rock and after awhile i get tried of those, so while im driving i want to hear new stuff to fell young even if its rap and girly pop stuff like gaga and katey perry

here are some of m favorites http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3649577

Play Me

Around the Network

My Last.fm tag cloud tells me I'm more into pop, rock, alternative, alternative rock and indie.

To give you a better idea of what I'm listening to right now my favorite artists of the last 12 months are:

Madonna (forever and always my fav.)
Yeah Yeah Yeahs (they just kicks ass)
Scissor Sisters (good filthy fun)
Lady Gaga (really catchy pop music)
Metric (awesome, awesome, awesome)
P!nk (pop singer who actually has something to say)
Dragonette (canadian electro-pop)
植松伸夫 (Final Fantasy music!)
Nelly Furtado (pop mixed with many other genres)
No Doubt (can't wait for their new album)
Shakira, Muse, Adele, Franz Ferdinand

http://www.last.fm/user/TruckOSaurus

Signature goes here!

All of it except Hard Rock and Heavy Metal.

Every singer has few good songs, most of the albums are filled with way too many fillers so I rarely RARELY enjoy full albums.

For example, I only like one song from the latest Britney's album (Gasoline).

Top 10 artists from my last.fm page:

Akira Yamaoka ( a genius)
Metric (this band is something else)
Sarah McLachlan (her voice is haunting)
Dido (she is an amazing songwriter, I can relate to her songs easily)
Emily Haines & the Soft Skeleton (Emily from Metric, one album that was written entirely when she was depressed)
30 Seconds To Mars (One of the few mainstream good rock bands)
Imogen Heap (when she's good, she is good)
Frou Frou (they only have one album that i've been listening to for 2 years now)
Linkin Park (I hate most of their old stuff but A thousand suns is really great!)
The xx (I just can't wait for their second album)
Kylie Minogue (class)
Others:
Florence and the Machine, The temper trap, Death cab for cutie, Keane, Beyonce, Britney Spears, Ingrid Michaelson, James Blunt, Enrique Iglesias, Madonna , Bat for Lashes, The Notwist, Breaking benjamin, Backstreet boys (yes, the boyband!)

As you can see, I enjoy a lot of artists. However, I hate metal and Rap except for a few Eminem songs.

I like all kinds of rock, particularly soft rock - the kind of genre that spreads from the Beatles to Green Day. I also love jazz, blues and rock and roll, but those are fairly similar.

On the other end of the spectrum, classical music is a different kind of brilliance. I wouldn't say I prefer it to popular, but there are some fantastic classical songs and I feel that classical music is really underrated nowadays.

I can't stand the enormous majority of hip-hop, rap and R&B. It sounds like an attempt at creating the emotions of motown but with no genuine emotion or talent, and copious amounts of autotune (autotune only sounds good on one person, and that's Ellen McLain/GLaDOS)

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Rock and Techno/Trance/Dubstep