By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - How broad is your taste in music?

What types of music do you enjoy most?

All of it 18 32.73%

I hate music 1 1.82%

Only a few genres 12 21.82%

Rock 9 16.36%

Country 0 0%

Pop/rap 1 1.82%

Techno/dubstep/trance 3 5.45%

Classical music 2 3.64%

Other 7 12.73%

See results 2 3.64%

Total:55

According to last.fm, my top 10 bands/artists are:

1.- Dir en grey
2.- Porcupine Tree
3.- the GazettE
4.- Kiyoharu
5.- Muse
6.- Between the Buried and Me
7.- King Crimson
8.- X Japan
9.- Miyavi
10.- Opeth

I can proudly admit that I don't enjoy every musical genre out there, but I don't really hate on what I don't like. Even things like Gaga or Bieber. I don't hate them, they just don't give me that "yay!", like the music I love.

Around the Network
sad.man.loves.vgc said:
Every singer has few good songs, most of the albums are filled with way too many fillers so I rarely RARELY enjoy full albums.

For example, I only like one song from the latest Britney's album (Gasoline).

Top 10 artists from my last.fm page:

Akira Yamaoka ( a genius)
Metric (this band is something else)
Sarah McLachlan (her voice is haunting)
Dido (she is an amazing songwriter, I can relate to her songs easily)
Emily Haines & the Soft Skeleton (Emily from Metric, one album that was written entirely when she was depressed)
30 Seconds To Mars (One of the few mainstream good rock bands)
Imogen Heap (when she's good, she is good)
Frou Frou (they only have one album that i've been listening to for 2 years now)
Linkin Park (I hate most of their old stuff but A thousand suns is really great!)
The xx (I just can't wait for their second album)
Kylie Minogue (class)
Others:
Florence and the Machine, The temper trap, Death cab for cutie, Keane, Beyonce, Britney Spears, Ingrid Michaelson, James Blunt, Enrique Iglesias, Madonna , Bat for Lashes, The Notwist, Breaking benjamin, Backstreet boys (yes, the boyband!)

As you can see, I enjoy a lot of artists. However, I hate metal and Rap except for a few Eminem songs.

Yeah I've noticed that. There are very few albums that are entirely awesome. I've noticed that rock artists tend to have a higher percentage of awesome songs on their albums compared to other genres

I guess you can say it's pretty damn broad, depending on what your definition of broad is. My main theme is I like melodic music. My favorite genre is metal, more specifically Power and Melodic Death metal. I also like some hard rock, and when I'm feeling more chill, I listen to melodic trance or electronica. Basically, if it's melodic, chances are I'll like it.

I listen to music in 4 different languages everyday:

-English
-Spanish
-Korean
-Japanese.

favorite band: Pink Floyd
favorite album: Wish You Were Here

^_^

skeezer said:
I listen to music in 4 different languages everyday:

-English
-Spanish
-Korean
-Japanese.

favorite band: Pink Floyd
favorite album: Wish You Were Here

Are you doing it to learn a language or something?

Around the Network

Like and listen usually: Progressive/ "Classic" Rock / Metal / Funk / (some) Eletronic
Like but I'm quite ignorant about: Jazz / Blues / Classic
Don't like: Dance / techno / Rap / Modern Pop-rock / Punk-rock / Country

It mostly depends on he artist, for instance there are lots of rock and metal band I don't like, there are also some rap artists I enjoy.

I like pretty much every genre excluding Country/Western, Techno, Pop, Pop/Rap (With some exceptions), and Pop/Metal(With some exceptions).

I am the Playstation Avenger.