By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Who has played Xenoblade?

I'm about 23hours in at the moment and I think that it is fantastic. I really can't find any serious faults with the game. It's easily one of the best RPGs I've every played and I would go as far as to say that it is the best home console RPG since Skies of Arcadia.

Around the Network

I'm still playing it, i'm on the 30 hour mark or so. Like it has been said already, it's easily one of the best JRPG's of this generation, not only in gameplay terms but also in the story department. Haven't seen a console JRPG with a good story such as this since Lost Odyssey.

I seriously endorse an import if you want it.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

The game sucks.

jk, thehut.com is being a turtle.

But they said it's shipped. I actually forgot I bought this. Thanks for reminding me thread!

(I'm from USA) so I have to import.
So, there's english accents. I'm so excited, they're so much fun >_>.

I don't like playing videogames in japanese... but I must watch anime/foreign films in their native language. IDK why.

I'll break down my thoughts into pros and cons

Pros:-
- Fantastic, deep and extremely fun combat system
- Huge, immersive and well-designed world to explore
- Stunning environments
- Excellent sense of pacing
- The towns are full of life. Each NPC has its own schedule. It's addicting to talk to every NPC.
- It's fun to watch and change the relationships between NPCs in the affinity chart
- Great customizations
- Exceptionally non-linear and great teleporting system. You can almost go wherever you want at any time.
- Hundreds of addicting side quests
- Overall well-balanced characters
- Lack of loading times while exploring
- The transition between day and night is lovely with the music changing and the environments changing
- The difficulty is just right. Challenging but isn't frustrating.
- Good music
- Enjoyable cut-scenes
- The ability to choose JP voice acting (although the ENG voice acting isn't bad at all)
- Has achievements
- It takes 50h to finish the story and 130h-170h to finish everything

Cons:-
- The story is average and predictable
- Bad character and equipment models
- Framerate issues during big battles
- Unexciting final battle and an unsatisfying ending
- Too much talking during battles
- Extremely hard to find where to go during side quests (and finding a certain NPC)
- The game punishes you for exploring and doing side quests by overleveling you
- Although addicting, the side quests can get really repetitive
- Lack of enemies bestiary. The game really had everything. They should've added a bestiary.

Overall (9/10): Excellent game that you shouldn't miss. If you're an American, MOD YOUR Wii and IMPORT---IT---NOW

Best RPG this gen

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network

Yes best rpg on the wii so far! I like how robots make up most of the story.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Me... can I have my cookie now? the only downside is that I got this really ugly red classic controller pro with it...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
Me... can I have my cookie now? the only downside is that I got this really ugly red classic controller pro with it...

Does this mean you don't have to use the wii-mote? 

hooray!

ishiki said:
NiKKoM said:

Does this mean you don't have to use the wii-mote? 

hooray!

Thankfully, no. But keep in mind that the controller should be the Classic Controller (CS) or CS Pro. The game doesn't support GameCube controllers.

I'm taking my sweet time with this game since you can save whenever you want - another big plus that isn't common in the genre - and also since I haven't a lot of free time these days. Currently only about 10 or so hours into the game, barely touched the tip of the storyline, but in terms of gameplay mechanics Xenoblade has got it where it counts. The game is highly streamlined and it seems that whenever the developers could make the game less tedious, they did.

It also seems to me that great consideration was given to the emotional attachment with the various characters in the world, both playable and not. As mentioned earlier each NPC has their own routine, has interesting things to say, and as time goes on different social connections are built between them which can be viewed in the menu. These affinities are also built between party members and help advance the plot. This social aspect is extended in the battle system, which seems to further the idea of actually caring for your party.

Speaking of the battle system, it seems to borrow elements from both real-time and turn-based battle systems, and the end result has an excellent flow to it and manages to keep you on your toes during battle without feeling like you have to micro-manage everything.

In short, I look forward to getting many more enjoyable hours from the game before I put it down.
If you are considering an import and are a fan of RPGs, I'd say go for it!

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club