By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Who has played Xenoblade?

I love this game, it GOTY so far

Around the Network

It's a great game but in my opinion the reviews for the game are VERRRRRRRRY hypocritical. FFXIII got slammed for a tutorial in the 20th hour. In Xenoblade I got one in my 55th hour >.> (Not that I care though)

Music is great.

Side-quests give exp and it sucks. Makes the game insanely easy. So I need to punish myself in order to enjoy the game. Apparently it is too hard to implement a difficulty option nowadays.

Voice acting is good.

Mostly good characters except for one.

Poor AI.

Lots of side quests if that is your thing. They get extremely tedious and repetitive though.

The game has AMAZING artistic value. I would even go so far and even say this game looks better then a lot of HD games due to how gorgeous some areas are at times.

Areas are insanely large. This is a love/hate for me. I shouldn't need to take 6 hours to unlock the entire map. Especially when the map itself has no damn treasure on it. Gets annoying.

Xenoblade is a good game. I can definitely vouch for that but if reviewers are saying that Xenoblade is the game that will save the genre. Then I have to say that the genre never really needed saving because it isn't that different from other JRPGs this gen.

Right up there with Tales of Vesperia as my favorite JRPG this generation. Can't place it on top or anything since I have yet to complete the game. I think I am getting close though, clocked in at ~80 hours thus far.

I also agree with Wagram above. In some instances this game looks better than most HD titles. Art style is superb, if/when you all get it wait until you reach Makna Waterfall, especially if you look at it from a lookout point up high.

Oh yeah, this game is also HUGE!

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

dahuman said:
Mad55 said:
dahuman said:
Mad55 said:
Great game good story though as of now it hasn't reached Xenosaga heights yet.Battl esystem is really nice and deeper than you first think. World is huge and theres to many sidequests.

Don't know how some people weren't dissapointed by Xenosaga since that was something not completed and same for Xenogears, Xenoblade is the only completed Xeno game so far and it's the best JRPG of the generation thus far.

Xenosaga didnt have to complete for it to be awesome to me. Though they did give it a rushed ending I didnt like it as much as I would have if they finished but it was fine. I dont think Xenoblade is the best this gen but its on of the best jrpgs this gen so far.

You know, I keep asking people what's better than or on par with Xenoblade as a JRPG this gen but nobody can give me an answer when they say that, it's definitely not any of the Tales games, not any Final Fantasy, not Eternal Sonata, not Lost Odessy, not SO: The Last Hope, not any of the portable KH, not The World Ends with You, not Neptunia, not Ar tonelico, and sure as hell not The Last Remanent, to think I've played a lot more than I listed this gen, there is nothing on the same scale as this game as far as JRPGs go from this generation, really makes you wonder wtf other JP studios have been doing all these years.

Though..... if you are not too far into the game yet, then I can understand where you are coming from. >.>;;;; and I should stop talking about it.

I think tetsuya made a great game with xenoblade but I believe Lost odyssye or Tales of Vesperia are the superior jrpgs this gen. Im around 40 hours into xenoblade and its great, but not the best yet to me.

Mad55 said:
dahuman said:
Mad55 said:
dahuman said:
Mad55 said:
Great game good story though as of now it hasn't reached Xenosaga heights yet.Battl esystem is really nice and deeper than you first think. World is huge and theres to many sidequests.

Don't know how some people weren't dissapointed by Xenosaga since that was something not completed and same for Xenogears, Xenoblade is the only completed Xeno game so far and it's the best JRPG of the generation thus far.

Xenosaga didnt have to complete for it to be awesome to me. Though they did give it a rushed ending I didnt like it as much as I would have if they finished but it was fine. I dont think Xenoblade is the best this gen but its on of the best jrpgs this gen so far.

You know, I keep asking people what's better than or on par with Xenoblade as a JRPG this gen but nobody can give me an answer when they say that, it's definitely not any of the Tales games, not any Final Fantasy, not Eternal Sonata, not Lost Odessy, not SO: The Last Hope, not any of the portable KH, not The World Ends with You, not Neptunia, not Ar tonelico, and sure as hell not The Last Remanent, to think I've played a lot more than I listed this gen, there is nothing on the same scale as this game as far as JRPGs go from this generation, really makes you wonder wtf other JP studios have been doing all these years.

Though..... if you are not too far into the game yet, then I can understand where you are coming from. >.>;;;; and I should stop talking about it.

I think tetsuya made a great game with xenoblade but I believe Lost odyssye or Tales of Vesperia are the superior jrpgs this gen. Im around 40 hours into xenoblade and its great, but not the best yet to me.

Graces is better than Vesperia for me and I don't feel neither changed action JRPG much for me to say they are better, Lost Odyssey is also trapped in the past, this is the only game that's moved the genre on thus far and making the best of it, the only thing I don't like about the game is that you don't get many saves. On the other side of the fence, if you don't like how it's moved in the direction of a western rpg as part of the game or the zomg Wii graphics, then you might not like it as much.

On a random side note, I also fear for that new SE JRPG on 3DS, yes, the art is beautiful, but so far it looks like it's a trapped in the past product as well and I prolly won't buy that game unless they can impress me aka making me feel that I'm not always playing the same ol' shit. And yes, Tales games are right below Xenoblade for me this gen which still make them good games, and I'm excited for Xillia, but it's going into that same ol' shit cycle again, and with all these F2P high quality PC games coming out, it's questionable whether I'd slam more money into these games, they need to somehow move on like Xenoblade did for me to care as much.

Around the Network
dahuman said:
Mad55 said:
dahuman said:
Mad55 said:
dahuman said:
Mad55 said:

Graces is better than Vesperia for me and I don't feel neither changed action JRPG much for me to say they are better, Lost Odyssey is also trapped in the past, this is the only game that's moved the genre on thus far and making the best of it, the only thing I don't like about the game is that you don't get many saves. On the other side of the fence, if you don't like how it's moved in the direction of a western rpg as part of the game or the zomg Wii graphics, then you might not like it as much.

On a random side note, I also fear for that new SE JRPG on 3DS, yes, the art is beautiful, but so far it looks like it's a trapped in the past product as well and I prolly won't buy that game unless they can impress me aka making me feel that I'm not always playing the same ol' shit. And yes, Tales games are right below Xenoblade for me this gen which still make them good games, and I'm excited for Xillia, but it's going into that same ol' shit cycle again, and with all these F2P high quality PC games coming out, it's questionable whether I'd slam more money into these games, they need to somehow move on like Xenoblade did for me to care as much.

What did xenoblade do so different really? Cause i dont see it. Vesperia in my opinion has a better cast of characters and a sligthly better battle system and much better sidequests. Story wise i cant really say yet as im around 70% done with xenoblades. Lost odyssey had a story that was really unique to me and the stories about his past life were really interesting and done right. Yes lost odyssey had a traditional type of battle system, but they di things to keep it fresh which I liked. Xenoblade does alot of cool things, but nothing to really move the genre forward like these reviewers were claiming. Also xillia added a bunch if new mechanics to change the series for the better while still keeping it in the confines of a tales game in general.

Unfortunately I haven't... because I can't find it anywhere!

Hopefully I'll be able to get it in October when the 2nd shipment comes.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:

Amazon UK has it in stock so that is a option

melbye said:
JEMC said:

Amazon UK has it in stock so that is a option

Thanks!

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Awesome game, still havent finished it and im at 105 hours of play time lol.