By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Mario Galaxy outsell Halo 3?

Lets up the Ante

Who thinks SMG can top Halo 3's attach ratio?

Remember, every Wii sold (and every 360 not sold) makes it a little bit harder.

I for one think this will never happen, unless Nintendo starts bundling SMG

Formerly Bugmenot, (mostly) I'm now reformed and adopting a more concrete persona upon ioi's request.

I'm not new here and had 147 posts to my (our) name - not that anyone noticed.

Around the Network

It will...eventually. Halo 3 doesn't have legs (it will go unnoticed in 3 months sales wise) but Mario galaxy will continue for a very long time.

After all, if Mario Party 8 can stay in the charts as long as it has and New Super Mario Bros was up there forever, how long do you think Super Mario Galaxy will stay up there?

mario is the best game on the wii it better! halo is a xbox icon and great but there are so many other great titles COD4 Bioshock mass effect I say thay mario well never outsell wii sports and wii play may outsell it too. which would mean the best game on your flafship console SMG wont be the top seller on its own platform. that would be hard for any other title in the 360 family to beat halo sales on the 360.

Eventually, SMG will outsell Halo easily.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Well according MS, 8.1 million Halo 3's shipped. If that's true then retailers probably bought them in bulk for the holiday season, meaning later shipments will be less and less, though as much as I thought it wouldn't happen, MS may be able to ship 10 million of these. Guess just like the rest of us, hype generates more want from retailers to overstock them in their stores.

But that's above the point. Galaxy will obviously have better legs than Halo 3 on a worldwide basis so eventually it'll surpass it.

Around the Network

SMG will overtake Halo 3 easily.

I LOVE AMERICA!!!

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

@Daddo Splat:

You just daddo splated in this thread

twesterm said:
It will...eventually. Halo 3 doesn't have legs (it will go unnoticed in 3 months sales wise) but Mario galaxy will continue for a very long time.

After all, if Mario Party 8 can stay in the charts as long as it has and New Super Mario Bros was up there forever, how long do you think Super Mario Galaxy will stay up there?

I gotta disagree with you there. Halo 2 has been a mainstay on the top 200 since this site began. It may have dropped off with Halo 3's release (havn't checked) but I'd expect 3 to have similar legs as 2 did.  Still, it won't have SMG legs...

Gamerace said:
twesterm said:

I gotta disagree with you there. Halo 2 has been a mainstay on the top 200 since this site began. It may have dropped off with Halo 3's release (havn't checked) but I'd expect 3 to have similar legs as 2 did. Still, it won't have SMG legs...

Halo 2's legs continued because it was BC on the 360, and a lot of the 360 owners weren't Xbox owners previously.  Which opened up an extended market for the title, not to mention with the impending Halo 3, that also would give the game a little more of a push.  Otherwise if there was no BC on 360, the game probably would have faded into oblivion sales wise, due to the Xbox being faded out. 

Halo Who???????

SMG Rules!!!!!!!!!!!

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989