By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Mario Galaxy outsell Halo 3?

MG has been on the top of the charts week after week for over a month now surpassing 4.1 mil this week with sales above 300 grand per week. Will the momentum remain for another 2 million more at which point MG will have surpassed Halo 3 total sales?

Around the Network

OH it will and when it does Master Chief will cry a little inside.....or will he? >_

PC/wii/Ps3 owner~!

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

I suck at Lair because I can't move my hands... 

YES

Of course. SMG will eventually nest in the top 10 of all games sold. Whereas Halo 3 will not get much further.

Worldwide SMG will easily outsell Halo 3 which sells mainly in the US. This was never actually in any doubt.

But given time I'd say it'll outsell Halo 3 in NA too, but that might take a looong time since both have great legs.

Around the Network

Two editors over at Uncle Gamer had a wager on which would sell better worldwide within a year. One of the editors since left though.

Pretty sad on Halo 3's part since it was the most advertised game! It even had it's own flavour which I admit tried... and liked...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

It maybe will not but I don't care about that...Everyone knows SMG is the best.

BottledSpringWater said:
Pretty sad on Halo 3's part since it was the most advertised game! It even had it's own flavour which I admit tried... and liked...

Sad? What's sad about 6.4 million in a little over 3 months? Plus some of that was in the different higher priced SKUs like the collectors edition with the helmet. At this rate it'll very likely sell over 10 million before the end of '08.

It's possible that Mario Galaxy can outsell it, I even expect it to. But just because Mario Galaxy is doing amazingly well doesn't mean Halo 3 isn't doing pretty good itself.

Probably, but it will take a long time, but look at Zelda: TP, it's been doing 40k in US alone recently, imagine SMG this time next year, it still has many 100k+ weeks the in US to come.