By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ninokuni (PS3) to be released in North America "early 2012"

While Japan will be getting the PS3 version of the Level-5 and Studio Ghibli RPG collaboration known as Ninokuni on November 17, no one knew whether an English version would be made. RPG fans and Studio Ghibli enthusiasts can now rejoice as Ninokuni: Shiroki Seihai no Joou (subtitled "Queen of the White Ashes") for the PS3 will be out in North America in early 2012.

During the Sony Computer Entertainment Asia press conference on September 16 held near Tokyo Game Show 2011's venue, Level-5 president Akihiro Hino mentioned during an interview panel that an English version of the game is in production right now as well as announced the above release window of the title. This PS3 version of the game starts off the same as the DS version, but the story is told differently after the game's midpoint. According to Hino, the PS3 will have additional story content that will pick off where the DS version ended.

The game will also be launched in Asian markets in Japanese. Level-5 hasn't made plans for a Chinese text version, but Hino said that if there is a huge demand for it, his company will consider it. The game will also feature downloadable content post-release, but Hino can't make an official announcement about it until a later date.

In the game, players control Oliver, a 13-year old boy who is transported into the world called Ninokuni which is a parallel reality of his own world. He is on a quest to revive his recently-deceased mother and is accompanied first by a male fairy called Shizuku. The game is an RPG, in which combat is settled in turn-based format.

http://www.gamespot.com/events/tgs-2011/story.html?sid=6335002&pid=998014

Around the Network

My life is complete.

Very nice!!

Awsome!

Do you hear that Reggie? There are Americans that like to play games that don't involve looking down a gun sight or dancing around and waggling around the living room. Sorry if that seems trollish, but Xenoblade is one of the best jRPGs I've played in ages and it's a shame that Nintendo of America deliberately doesn't want me to be playing it right now.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network

To be release in asia in Japanese?? Will it have an english text??? Because I will definitely buy the Asian version.
Anyways!!! YES! YESS!! YESSS!!! YEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!!

Yey!

Even if an EU release isn't made, this can totally be imported!

pezus said:
What about Europe??

Region Free.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

pezus said:
What about Europe??

I'd like that but who cares. As long as I can have something I can understand, anything goes. Importing PS3 games is easy enough because they're region free.

WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP kqnkvnwipkrip24j24jgpowmkvp;mwnsdnmpw;qem;f1qm;o[wdmfq;kemkwmrk;pbmwerf