By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo reveals games supporting the second circle pad (Resident Evil, Metal Gear, Kingdom Hearts)

Tagged games:

You know, at least it's good that it's optional and not compulsory, so there probably won't be a redesign. I'm glad Nintendo is not that stupid. I predict this won't be too successful, and Nintendo can focus on getting great games out there.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
The market will decide what the big games are, so we'll see about that.

Yep.

I was hoping that this was only for MH, but bleh.

Now I'm absolutely waiting for the redesign.

so, these 5 games will support the addon but is not needed and can be played without it? if so, is see fail written all over this second stick addon thing.

This is something like a "classic controller" for the 3ds.
If you are fine with camera control on the touch screen, you have very little reason to buy this or wait for a redesign.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

Xen said:
RolStoppable said:

Yep.

Do you think there'll be a redesign though?

This sounds like a simple add-on for certain games to me, much like the WM+

I wish Nintendo told us once and for all so people can decide whether to buy the damn thing. It's just hurting their business.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network
Troll_Whisperer said:
Xen said:
RolStoppable said:

Yep.

I wish Nintendo told us once and for all so people can decide whether to buy the damn thing. It's just hurting their business.

Well in the case of Monster Hunter, it is optional. 

Troll_Whisperer said:

Thiiiiiiiiiiiiis!

Troll_Whisperer said:
Xen said:
RolStoppable said:

Yep.

At this point in its life, I'm leaning toward yes. Prior to knowing that 5 games at least will use it, I'd say no.

WM+ is integrated into current wiimotes, by the way. They COULD do it with the 3DS.

I love my 3DS so there's a good chance that if they announce "Everybody that purchased a 3DS before the price cut will die of cancer in two weeks", my response will probably be: Well, that's not too bad. More food for the survivors.

Anyway, as time passes, my hatred for the nub is slowly subsiding. Why?

• -If there is an eventual 3DS redesign, I can still play the games with this peripheral until I decide to upgrade.
  • It may actually feel good in my hands (that's what she said!).
  • I don't think it will be any less portable than a PSP/PSV when the device is closed.
  • It will add a bit of girth to the 3DS which I already felt was too thin (in fact, I bought a shell to put my 3DS in to give it more mass)
  • Third parties will likely manufacture their own version of the device that may include built in improved battery performance.

It's not the end of the world.  On the bad side, people that purchased carrying cases for their 3DS (aka ME!) or people that purchased the 3DS battery pack probably won't be able to use their purchases in conjunction with the analog nub peripheral.

Judging by the fact that it was designed specifically for MH3G originally and other games just picked it up, and not even Monster Hunter requires it, I'm fully expecting NO games to require it, but many to SUPPORT it.

And I have no complaints about it either.

SW-5120-1900-6153