By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo reveals games supporting the second circle pad (Resident Evil, Metal Gear, Kingdom Hearts)

Tagged games:

Roma said:
miz1q2w3e said:
All these circle pad games and no redesign? I wanted to get the new model

Now I can't get a 3DS cuz I'm worried they'll announce the new model right after I get one :(

How do you expect them to add the two extra shoulder buttons on a redesign? If they do it will only be fatter or things will stick out at the bottom of it making it harder to put in your pocket.

With this add on it makes the system more comfortable and easier to play as the second circle pad isn’t under the buttons. Try playing around with your thumb under the buttons and see how uncomfortable it is.

I think this design was planed long before 3DS came out for the reasons I wrote above. These things don’t just happen in a few months

omg how come nobody realized that till now??? XD

But really it's not just the circle pad, I'd like a few more games to play on it when I get it so I'm in no hurry, and I'm hoping for a better battery life

...Even so, if no new model is announced by the time Paper Mario 3DS is released I'll just get one >_<

Around the Network
miz1q2w3e said:
Roma said:
miz1q2w3e said:

Now I can't get a 3DS cuz I'm worried they'll announce the new model right after I get one :(

How do you expect them to add the two extra shoulder buttons on a redesign? If they do it will only be fatter or things will stick out at the bottom of it making it harder to put in your pocket.

With this add on it makes the system more comfortable and easier to play as the second circle pad isn’t under the buttons. Try playing around with your thumb under the buttons and see how uncomfortable it is.

I think this design was planed long before 3DS came out for the reasons I wrote above. These things don’t just happen in a few months

omg how come nobody realized that till now??? XD

But really it's not just the circle pad, I'd like a few more games to play on it when I get it so I'm in no hurry, and I'm hoping for a better battery life

...Even so, if no new model is announced by the time Paper Mario 3DS is released I'll just get one >_<

You know if they actually added a battery in the thing to expand the 3DSs life it would have been a huge plus! But sadly they didn’t :(

Yeah it’s a good thing not to rush into buying something

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Roma said:
miz1q2w3e said:

I don't think the 3DS needs to fit into my pocket for it to be portable (I carried my DS in my bag mostly). I mean the ipad doesn't fit into your pocket, but people still carry it around. So as long as it fits into your bag while travelling and your hand while playing, a 3DS which may be a bit bulkier after the redesign is fine.

Also I don't know about you but when I play my DS, I use my 2 thumbs to do most of the touch screen work rather than the stylus because its more natural. But with this attachment it seems you can no longer use your right thumb for touch screen while holding on to the ds with both hands which is annoying. Plus I haven't had hands on, but using the face buttons may be tough while using the circle pad.

But anyway, I really can see them easily fitting a second pad just below the face buttons (plus extended battery life and increased sweet spot for 3D viewing would be nice), that empty space is practically asking for it, so I think I'll wait and see if they do indeed announce a remodel with the above feature, although I'll end up getting a 3DS whether or not they release a redesigned version once the next mainstream pokemon game hits. I hope they do release a remodel though, because the ergonomics of the circle pad extension seems screwed up.

Roma said:

You know if they actually added a battery in the thing to expand the 3DSs life it would have been a huge plus! But sadly they didn’t :(

Yeah that would've been so great >_<

btw, do you have a 3DS yet?

I was gonna buy one this summer but seeing as how at the time it was the same price as a PS3 here in Jordan I decided to get a PS3. For me it was years worth of games VS not that many games yet, plus a lot f my friends have PS3s and we can share games n_n - [More like me take all their games muahaha! >:D

UltimateUnknown said:
Roma said:
miz1q2w3e said:

I don't think the 3DS needs to fit into my pocket for it to be portable (I carried my DS in my bag mostly). I mean the ipad doesn't fit into your pocket, but people still carry it around. So as long as it fits into your bag while travelling and your hand while playing, a 3DS which may be a bit bulkier after the redesign is fine.

Also I don't know about you but when I play my DS, I use my 2 thumbs to do most of the touch screen work rather than the stylus because its more natural. But with this attachment it seems you can no longer use your right thumb for touch screen while holding on to the ds with both hands which is annoying. Plus I haven't had hands on, but using the face buttons may be tough while using the circle pad.

But anyway, I really can see them easily fitting a second pad just below the face buttons (plus extended battery life and increased sweet spot for 3D viewing would be nice), that empty space is practically asking for it, so I think I'll wait and see if they do indeed announce a remodel with the above feature, although I'll end up getting a 3DS whether or not they release a redesigned version once the next mainstream pokemon game hits. I hope they do release a remodel though, because the ergonomics of the circle pad extension seems screwed up.

Hmm you must have very small hands. Check this pic and compare it to oh right you don’t have a 3DS =7

If you had you would know what I am talking about :)

Having one under the buttons is really uncomfortable and I don’t have that big hands…

You can try DSL or DSi as they are about the same size  

If you add the extra space to the 3DS and try to touch the screen at the same time it won’t be that far of. And for me I usually use both fingers depending on what side of the screen I need to push

If you look at the GC or any other regular controller they all have a circle pad that is slightly to the left of the buttons making it easier to use as you don’t need to bend your thumb as much as you would need to if it was on 3DS so that you could still use the shoulder button and hold it properly as it is to small to grip.

To carry a bag with you just for 3DS is something you might accept doing but not all of us :)

iPad does so much more than just play games. People use it like a laptop so they can work, play games, watch movies etc so just like a laptop would need a bag the same goes for an iPad.  

But of course it might be better to wait. Who knows they might make a really good design that does everything and better with just a bit thicker bottom part

Around the Network
miz1q2w3e said:
Roma said:

Yeah that would've been so great >_<

btw, do you have a 3DS yet?

I was gonna buy one this summer but seeing as how at the time it was the same price as a PS3 here in Jordan I decided to get a PS3. For me it was years worth of games VS not that many games yet, plus a lot f my friends have PS3s and we can share games n_n - [More like me take all their games muahaha! >:D

Haha nice :D

I bought my 3DS a few days before Zelda OoT came out :)

Some days I wished I had waited as right before I bought it I told my sister “look now how they will cut the price after I buy it” and it happened :P

But I love Nintendo and their games so I think it was worth it plus I have 10 NES games and 10 more games on the way

Roma said:
UltimateUnknown said:
Roma said:
miz1q2w3e said:

Hmm you must have very small hands. Check this pic and compare it to oh right you don’t have a 3DS =7

If you had you would know what I am talking about :)

Having one under the buttons is really uncomfortable and I don’t have that big hands…

You can try DSL or DSi as they are about the same size  

If you add the extra space to the 3DS and try to touch the screen at the same time it won’t be that far of. And for me I usually use both fingers depending on what side of the screen I need to push

If you look at the GC or any other regular controller they all have a circle pad that is slightly to the left of the buttons making it easier to use as you don’t need to bend your thumb as much as you would need to if it was on 3DS so that you could still use the shoulder button and hold it properly as it is to small to grip.

To carry a bag with you just for 3DS is something you might accept doing but not all of us :)

iPad does so much more than just play games. People use it like a laptop so they can work, play games, watch movies etc so just like a laptop would need a bag the same goes for an iPad.  

But of course it might be better to wait. Who knows they might make a really good design that does everything and better with just a bit thicker bottom part

Yea just checked with my DSL, having one under the face buttons is wierd because then if you want to use the pad, you can no longer have the 3ds on the palm of your hand and holding it with your finger tips is a bit wierd. But the right stick still seems a bit too far off for the touch screen imo, but we won't be sure until we try it out. If they did redesign though, I would imagine they would make the screens a bit bigger, so it might give them a bit more space to put the stick slightly to the left/right of the face buttons like most console controllers.

Roma said:

Look at it from the bright side: selling a cheap piece of plastic means more profit for Nintendo

non-gravity said:
Roma said:

Look at it from the bright side: selling a cheap piece of plastic means more profit for Nintendo

how is that the bright side for consumers?? that just shows that they havent learned there lesson and is still cutting corners on hardware

I'm sure this add on will come with a game like Monster Hunter tri 3G but still not be a must to play the game just like the Wii version