By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo reveals games supporting the second circle pad (Resident Evil, Metal Gear, Kingdom Hearts)

Tagged games:

Glad I didn't rush a 3DS. I never bought into the hype and look at all the trouble and bitching and moaning it has saved me and others. I'll wait around mid 2012 to get one, there are some games i would like to play but I'm sure we'll see a new model soon enough.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network

Please Nintendo, please. Stop, take a deep breath and think about what you are doing.

If you are going to release something like this, at least do it in a pathetic way! Every 3rd party multiplat game will end requiring it.

And an AAA battery? Why couldn't you just think ahead and do a full add-on that includes the circle pad AND a battery to expand the much criticized battery life of your console?

I was seriously considering buying one of these (seen them new for 150 €), but as others have said I'll pass until they launch a redesign.. or worse still, PSV proves to be the right buy.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
Please Nintendo, please. Stop, take a deep breath and think about what you are doing.

If you are going to release something like this, at least do it in a pathetic way! Every 3rd party multiplat game will end requiring it.

And an AAA battery? Why couldn't you just think ahead and do a full add-on that includes the circle pad AND a battery to expand the much criticized battery life of your console?

I was seriously considering buying one of these (seen them new for 150 €), but as others have said I'll pass until they launch a redesign.. or worse still, PSV proves to be the right buy.

Pay attention to the facts. Nintendo can't tell third parties what accessories to support. If there's an add-on that exists and someone wants to develop for it, they're going to develop for it. Nintendo hasn't developed a single piece of software to release with this add-on, so you certainly can't blame Nintendo for this.

Additionally, it's already been stated that what games we KNOW whether they'll REQUIRE or SUPPORT this add-on... only SUPPORT it. Meaning they DON'T require it; they're just supplemented with it.

SW-5120-1900-6153

thetonestarr said:
JEMC said:

Pay attention to the facts. Nintendo can't tell third parties what accessories to support. If there's an add-on that exists and someone wants to develop for it, they're going to develop for it. Nintendo hasn't developed a single piece of software to release with this add-on, so you certainly can't blame Nintendo for this.

Additionally, it's already been stated that what games we KNOW whether they'll REQUIRE or SUPPORT this add-on... only SUPPORT it. Meaning they DON'T require it; they're just supplemented with it.

This is an add-on that has been made for third parties. It's not something Nintendo wanted to do (I hope) but something they have been asked to do by those 3rd parties that claim it will only be optional.

The thing is, and let's be honest about this, that 3rd parties are scared of trying new ways of play with their existing and successful franchises, so if they can go the dual analog route they will, and that will be the "de facto" control mode, being the gyroscopes or the touchscreen the other ways of play that are included as an afterthough and that rarely work well.

just to make this clear, I hope they will prove me wrong, but given the recent history between Nintendo and 3rd parties, I fear the worst.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

This add on is the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network

Now that's a curve ball I've ever seen... I gotta see how this turns out!

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!
JEMC said:
thetonestarr said:
JEMC said:

This is an add-on that has been made for third parties. It's not something Nintendo wanted to do (I hope) but something they have been asked to do by those 3rd parties that claim it will only be optional.

The thing is, and let's be honest about this, that 3rd parties are scared of trying new ways of play with their existing and successful franchises, so if they can go the dual analog route they will, and that will be the "de facto" control mode, being the gyroscopes or the touchscreen the other ways of play that are included as an afterthough and that rarely work well.

just to make this clear, I hope they will prove me wrong, but given the recent history between Nintendo and 3rd parties, I fear the worst.

This, but it still begs the question why didnt Ninty just have the damn stick on their in the first place. If they were gonna caved in, they should have just caved in

RolStoppable said:
oniyide said:

This, but it still begs the question why didnt Ninty just have the damn stick on their in the first place. If they were gonna caved in, they should have just caved in

Third parties were so in awe over the 3D effect that they completely forgot to tell Nintendo that a second circle pad might be useful. And since Nintendo's own games didn't need a second circle pad, the 3DS's final design was what we got.

HA! i know this is meant to be a joke but its the only thing that would explain

miz1q2w3e said:
All these circle pad games and no redesign? I wanted to get the new model

Now I can't get a 3DS cuz I'm worried they'll announce the new model right after I get one :(

How do you expect them to add the two extra shoulder buttons on a redesign? If they do it will only be fatter or things will stick out at the bottom of it making it harder to put in your pocket.

With this add on it makes the system more comfortable and easier to play as the second circle pad isn’t under the buttons. Try playing around with your thumb under the buttons and see how uncomfortable it is.

I think this design was planed long before 3DS came out for the reasons I wrote above. These things don’t just happen in a few months

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

superchunk said:
Why the hell does it run on a battery? It should utilize the 3DS' battery. I'm glad its cheap though if its going to be used a lot by games and eventually be mitigated by a redesigned 3DS with a 2nd control pad.

It doesn't? That is indeed strange

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.