By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - When studio will start selecting PS3 as main platform in multiplatform game

@ Zackblue

I know, right!

Around the Network
carlos710 said:
DMeisterJ said:
@ Superchunk

Does madden look the same on the Wii than it does on the XBOX 360 and to a lesser extent PS3. The obvious remains that thirdy-party games sell better on the XBOX 360, PS3, and PS2 more than they do on the Wii, the Wii will never be a lead platform for Multiplat games for the HD consoles because no one buys third party on there, and like cringer said, you can't just port a wii game to the HD consoles. Devs wouldn't follow suit even though it's winning because of the lackluster third party sales on the wii, compared to other consoles.

It's true that nobody buys games for the ps3, however that's not the same for Wii.

Games like Guitar Hero 3, Lego star wars, Simpsons game among other old releases are obviously very strong on Wii. The only games that failed on Wii are crappy EA games that lack huge features (for example NBA live without Dinasty mode, Fifa 08 without Carrer mode nor 'Be a pro', Need for speed without online, etc)

Who has the higher attach rate?

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

zackblue said:
carlos710 said:
DMeisterJ said:
@ Superchunk

Does madden look the same on the Wii than it does on the XBOX 360 and to a lesser extent PS3. The obvious remains that thirdy-party games sell better on the XBOX 360, PS3, and PS2 more than they do on the Wii, the Wii will never be a lead platform for Multiplat games for the HD consoles because no one buys third party on there, and like cringer said, you can't just port a wii game to the HD consoles. Devs wouldn't follow suit even though it's winning because of the lackluster third party sales on the wii, compared to other consoles.

It's true that nobody buys games for the ps3, however that's not the same for Wii.

Games like Guitar Hero 3, Lego star wars, Simpsons game among other old releases are obviously very strong on Wii. The only games that failed on Wii are crappy EA games that lack huge features (for example NBA live without Dinasty mode, Fifa 08 without Carrer mode nor 'Be a pro', Need for speed without online, etc)

Who has the higher attach rate?

Who sells more software, with cheaper development costs, thus bringing higher profits?

What feeds publishers, fanboyisms like attach rates or money? 

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

The Wii isn't even supposed to be in this thread.

EDIT: Hoorah!  Over 200 posts!  I am now a "Member" instead of "Regular!"  Where's my jacket?

My End of 2008 Hardware Predictions (console only):

Wii : 50 million

360: 28 million

PS3: 24 million

These predictions were made on January 3rd and won't be revised

LINK

@ Cringer8

This is how every thread goes.

Around the Network

@zackblue/dmeisterJ

Are you really that ignorant that you think a game built on Wii hardware is incapable of being ported to 360/PS3 simply because they can due HD? Granted it won't look as good as a game built on the 360/Ps3 hardware, but, I and the millions more Wii owners don't care. We have the biggest voice.

For the love of retarded chimpanzees. The only reason EA and some other studios have had separate offices building Wii only games while their sister game was built on 360/PS3 separately was due to Wii still being questioned as a dominant system.

As mid-year approaches and Wii starts to be > 360+PS3 in sales. You will feel stupified. Yes I just made that up. Stupified.

Has any multi-platform game on the PS3 beat the 360 version in sales...No.
Has any multi-platform game on Wii beat the 360 version in sales...yes and soon GHIII (a major IP) will surpass the 360. All throughout the holidays the Wii version has been selling at a modestly higher rate; it will take a few months, but it will eventually pass the 360.

EA's next round of games for late 2008 and there on will be games where Wii versions match or beat 360. PS3 won't even be a contender.

Wii has 15 million sellers in its first year. 360 did not have that. By next xmas the Wii will have more million sellers total.

From about October on, the Wii has been constantly outselling 360 and obviously PS3 in software. Even if you remove Wii Sports most of the time.

This holiday Wii had a ton more games and many more exclusives than PS3 or 360. That trend will continue to grow.

Every indicator proves your logic wrong. This will be absolutely evident my March. I can't wait for the next E3.

@ Superchunk

Which game has beat 360 third party this year? I would definetly like to know that. without that, your argument is pure specualtion into next year, and void.

I can't believe people are actually starting to use the attach rate to defend the PS3. Of course the console with the lowest user base has the highest attach rate! The least succesful console always has the largest portion of its user base as fanatical fans of the company, while the most succesful one gets the less dedicated casual gamers. That's how it works.

If anything, the PS3 leading the Wii by less than 1 (last time I checked) is disturbing, and that's not even counting Wii Sports.

cringer8 said:

The Wii isn't even supposed to be in this thread.

EDIT: Hoorah! Over 200 posts! I am now a "Member" instead of "Regular!" Where's my jacket?

Sorry. But, you asked the wrong question. EVERY gen the console with the far greater userbase has gotten the primary attention from 3rd parties. So why would the 360 or the PS3 get this attention?

Obvious objective answer is, they won't. Those of you blinded by the super fabulous graphics of HD of the PS360 are just being a little naive.

The queston could be, who will get the most secondary focus. That will eventually be the PS3 in my opinion as I think that in 2009 it will surpass the 360's userbase and devs will have a good set of tools to work the teh cell.

Parokki said:
I can't believe people are actually starting to use the attach rate to defend the PS3. Of course the console with the lowest user base has the highest attach rate! The least succesful console always has the largest portion of its user base as fanatical fans of the company, while the most succesful one gets the less dedicated casual gamers. That's how it works.

If anything, the PS3 leading the Wii by less than 1 (last time I checked) is disturbing, and that's not even counting Wii Sports.

lol, it was something like 3.7 to 3.9 and yet ps3 fans are using that to brag about

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"