By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - When studio will start selecting PS3 as main platform in multiplatform game

DMeisterJ said:
@ Superchunk

Which game has beat 360 third party this year? I would definetly like to know that. without that, your argument is pure specualtion into next year, and void.
Off the top of my head and can think of a few. I am sure there were some others.

Rayman Raving Rabbids, Granted this launched late on the 360 and was built on the wii. Kinda disproves your "Wii games can't be put on HD consoles" theory.
Harry Potter order of phoenix

Soon to be GHIII as well.
Simpson's game is almost  there too.

If needed I am sure I can spend some time and list more.

Around the Network

Also, the rest of my post maybe speculation, but atleast my theories are based on historical facts vs you fanboyistic (another word I just made up) ideas.

@ Superchunk

Yeah, all the third parties will put their games with the Wii as the lead platform so that they don't sell!

The problem with multiplatform games is that they never will reach the best possible performance on any platform, even on the platform they originate from.
Games with multiplatform in mind will usually use a common interface layer which does the actual hardware abstraction or connects to the actual platform native libraries, this way they will never exploit the full power of the hardware due to the common interface model.
Only exclusive titles can actually give you the full potential of a hardware platform after all. It doesnt matter whether a platform is used as origin or porting target for a multiplatform title imho since its most often based on a common feature set, anyway (at least inbetween ps3 vs. xb360 there is not much of a difference) ....
This discussion is somehow void ...

First off, who plays golf?
Second, Rayman was a Wii exclusive then ported to the XBOX 360
Soon Guiter hero 3, so now you're a psychic?

But how much more have they sold than the 360. What you also have to remember is that 360 games cost ten bucks more than Wii games, if the diff is negligible, you must remember that in the end, the 360 ones would make more money.

Around the Network

"""I expect all games by 2009 to be built 1st on Wii and then ported to 360. Then IF PS3 really does a pick up in sales this year it will have the same ports as 360 or more."""

==> I higly doubt it will happen

PS360 will get the high end gfx games

It doesn't mean the Wii will have BAD games, it just means that the HD console and the Wii will both have their games made specifically for them.

also remember :

PS3 + Xbox360 hardware > Wii hardware

it is not going to change ...

again, Wii is not the PS2
PS360 are not Xbox/GC

This gen is different from what we have seen in the past.

Time to Work !

@ Superchunk

Tiger sold better on the XBOX 360

EDIT: I see you removed it. lol.

DMeisterJ said:
@ Superchunk

Tiger sold better on the XBOX 360

EDIT: I see you removed it. lol.

Yeah, when I typed it I thought for sure that it was. But, 07 was close and 08 wasn't. But, 07 got good reveiws and 08 was mentioned that it was really no different than 07.

Now let's do the list of third party games outsold on the 360 over the Wii

Tiger Woods 07 and 08
Guitar Hero 3
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2008
Madden NFL 07 Madden NFL 08

The list goes on, but I really don't feel like looking through hundreds of games.

Smackdown 08 even sold more on the PS3 than the Wii, with half of the userbase.