By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WW UP 3rd September (Update: Software UP!!)

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
PS3 still looking strong but how much longer will it last?

if PS3 can do 150k to 180k for the rest of the month they'll be doing fine heading into Oct.(there last big month) before the war starts.

i think this holiday season will all depend on Sony posting big numbers in EMEAA's and Japan. if Sony(in the U.S.) can hold respectable numbers to compare to 360 in the U.S. then Sony will walk away with 2011 under its belt.

on the other hand MS has console bundles and themes galore and could still the show by yrs end leading up through the first 2 wks of January while Sony beats the brick's leading up to Sony's fiscal yr end.

just an early look and my take on the holiday season, and lead up to Sony's fiscal 2011.

2012 will test the waters big time.

ps3 has always had decent sales during the holiday in the US. i doubt the 360's US sales can offset EMEAA and japans sales for ps3. only if microsoft cuts $100, that can happen and they aint gonna do that.

Kinect/360 will be much much more disireable over the holidays with a $50 cut, given it didn't outsell it last holiday, it won't this either.

Around the Network
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

if PS3 can do 150k to 180k for the rest of the month they'll be doing fine heading into Oct.(there last big month) before the war starts.

i think this holiday season will all depend on Sony posting big numbers in EMEAA's and Japan. if Sony(in the U.S.) can hold respectable numbers to compare to 360 in the U.S. then Sony will walk away with 2011 under its belt.

on the other hand MS has console bundles and themes galore and could still the show by yrs end leading up through the first 2 wks of January while Sony beats the brick's leading up to Sony's fiscal yr end.

just an early look and my take on the holiday season, and lead up to Sony's fiscal 2011.

ps3 has always had decent sales during the holiday in the US. i doubt the 360's US sales can offset EMEAA and japans sales for ps3. only if microsoft cuts $100, that can happen and they aint gonna do that.

agreed

Seece said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

Kinect/360 will be much much more disireable over the holidays with a $50 cut, given it didn't outsell it last holiday, it won't this either.

i see your enjoy-ing fruit ninja.

i'm not sure kincet will be a big factor this holiday season and i see no pricecut in the near future from MS, unless Sony starts to do real good.

i think both MS and Sony will make pricecuts next yr.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Seece said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

i'm not sure kincet will be a big factor this holiday season and i see no pricecut in the near future from MS, unless Sony starts to do real good.

It will, especially with a cut. All it takes is SW + holidays + advertising and Kinect will be on top this holiday.

Wii as expected, PS3 will hang in there and holidays will get interesting.

Make games, not war (that goes for ridiculous fanboys)

I may be the next Maelstorm or not, you be the judge http://videogamesgrow.blogspot.com/  hopefully I can be more of an asset than a fanboy to VGC hehe.

Around the Network
Seece said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Seece said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

It will, especially with a cut. All it takes is SW + holidays + advertising and Kinect will be on top this holiday.

i agree kinect will do well, and a price cut is likely for kinect but i think MS will want to cash in this yr(not cash out)and make some more green paper back.

its the perfect time. i'm not counting out a kinect pricedrop though.

Still don't see MS fulfilling the bravado about being #1 worldwide this year without a price cut. The economy is still shaky enough in the US that it won't offset the differential in other regions for the holiday or the rest of the year. A Lego Cowboys & Aliens + Tetris Kinect bundle won't either.

Darth Tigris said:
Still don't see MS fulfilling the bravado about being #1 worldwide this year without a price cut. The economy is still shaky enough in the US that it won't offset the differential in other regions for the holiday or the rest of the year. A Lego Cowboys & Aliens + Tetris Kinect bundle won't either.

I have wondered this for a while as well. They made the claim, but I just don't see it right now. There is absolutely no way it will happen even with Gears 3, Forza 4, and all the Kinect titles/big advertising budgets. The software, kinect, and advertising will give X360 some big sales, but without a price cut there isn't much of any chance of them being #1 WW. If they do a straight $50 price cut across all models then they have a chance, but still an uphill battle IMO.

CGI-Quality said:
Actually, with Xillia, PS3 should be up next week (unless EMEAA has another significant drop off).

With Resistance it will be flat or up in EMEAA and Americas.

WW up for sure.

Allfreedom99 said:
3DS still doing decent. I think its possible for PS3 to overtake 3DS next week, but Im doubtful. Xillia will give a decent boost. Still I am surprised the PS3 had such a drop in EMEAA this week. I saw X360 had a 12% boost in the UK and a modest boost in EMEAA this week. That surprises me since there were no big releases for X360 this week. Why the modest increase? The PS3 is still at least pushing better numbers than the other consoles WW still.

hmm here in germany for example they started advertisement like in germanys best known sports show. you can win there something if you are better in goal wall shooting than the sportstars invited to the show. they always have fail prize for this kind of huge show (the stars have to get a nice bunch to go to the show) and atm they have a xbox kinect bundle which they present with a nice commercial