By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Gay blood donations ban likely to be lifted in UK

This is just wrong, straight people would never want a gay persons blood inside them. if i had the choice between a straight or gay persons blood id pick the straight guys everytime just like 99% of straight men would.

Around the Network
Faxanadu said:
sapphi_snake said:
Faxanadu said:
sapphi_snake said:
Faxanadu said:
Rath said:
sapphi_snake said:
Rath said:
sapphi_snake said:

Aren't they supposed to test the blood anyways? Honestly, this seems like racial profiling, only even more stupid.

They do test the blood. If you read the OP you'd see that there is a period of time after catching HIV that it cannot be detected in the blood.

And taking blood from a straight person and saying 'oh, this person's straight and AIDS is a gay disease, so I'm sure we can use it with no worries' is such a good ideea. This is just another case of demeaning gay people.

AIDs is much much more prevalent amongst men who have sex with men in the developed world. That is simple fact. To not use that information simply because some people see it as discriminatory would risk infecting people with HIV.

Dont try to use reason, statistics and facts with people that moralise.

Homophobia is irrational, so you're one to talk.

I am not homophobic.

I also approve that known drug addicts cannot donate blood due to the same reason. And I do not care if said drug addicts are homosexual or heterosexual.

I really dislike that you are putting your "homosexuals are always discriminated" above the risk of small children being put at greater risk to get HIV via blood infusions.

So being gay is the same as being a drug addict? And heterosexuals don't engage in promiscuous sex? You are aware that the current situation allows for promiscuous heterosexuals, and even heterosexual prostitutes to donate blood, no? All this while homosexuals who don't engage in promiscuous sex are banned, and all because they're gay.

Please try some reading comprehension and dont play stupid.

I am against any group of people with higher risk of HIV exposure donating blood.

gay men are such a group. Deal with it.

He cant, because that would mean he would have to acknowledge the fact that hetrosexuality and hetrosexuals have in some way, shape or form an natural advantage or benefit, or even improvment compared to homosexuals, and I guess that makes him very angry for some reason, despite that HIV being more common to gays is a long proven scientific, medical and biological fact. Let alone, that this is only to insure safety and well being of people who need blood to stay alive, gays are not to be ''discriminated'' just because thousands of people can get HIV and die painful and slow death

Biddlesworth said:
This is just wrong, straight people would never want a gay persons blood inside them. if i had the choice between a straight or gay persons blood id pick the straight guys everytime just like 99% of straight men would.

Yeah right. Not all straight men are so ridiculously insecure about their sexuality that they don't understand that blood doesn't have a sexual orientation.

Signature goes here!

Biddlesworth said:

cool story bro, but how would you know that the straight guy who gives you blood never had sex with a horse?

TruckOSaurus said:
Biddlesworth said:

Yeah right. Not all straight men are so ridiculously insecure about their sexuality that they don't understand that blood doesn't have a sexual orientation.

Most straight men hate gay people thats a fact everyone knows, they would never want to have a gay persons blood inside them. If they were given the choice they would all pick to have a straight persons blood over a gays.

And who wouldnt god knows what diseases they have. Id never trust my life to it.

Around the Network
iBlah said:
Biddlesworth said:

cool story bro, but how would you know that the straight guy who gives you blood never had sex with a horse?

At least hed be straight, men having sex with other men is just as bad as men having sex with horses. I wouldnt want eithers blood in me.

Biddlesworth said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Biddlesworth said:

Most straight men hate gay people thats a fact everyone knows, they would never want to have a gay persons blood inside them. If they were given the choice they would all pick to have a straight persons blood over a gays.

And who wouldnt god knows what diseases they have. Id never trust my life to it.

You should research the definition of fact.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
Biddlesworth said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Biddlesworth said:

If you think gays arent hated by the vast majority of straight people then you're either in denial or a proud gay yourself. No straight person that i have ever known wants anything to do with gay people, neither do most straight people why would they?

In media they are always portrayed as comic relief for the straight man to laugh at, because they dont respect gays they just laugh and ridicule them. This is how it is whether you like it or not.

Biddlesworth said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Biddlesworth said:

If you think gays arent hated by the vast majority of straight people then you're either in denial or a proud gay yourself. No straight person that i have ever known wants anything to do with gay people, neither do most straight people why would they?

In media they are always portrayed as comic relief for the straight man to laugh at, because they dont respect gays they just laugh and ridicule them. This is how it is whether you like it or not.

Okay now research the definition of delusional.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
Biddlesworth said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Biddlesworth said:

Okay now research the definition of delusional.

"suffering from or characterized by delusions"

Which would be what you have if you even thought for a second gays werent hated by most people.