Forums - General Discussion - Gay blood donations ban likely to be lifted in UK

o_O.Q said:

you can have sex with a infected person and not be infected, its only if blood transfer occurs that the infection is spread... in this context gays are far more susceptible to infecions being spread for reasons i already covered... but regradless as i said yes i do agree that promicuity was and still is very important to the spread of STDs i'm just pointing out that there are other factors at play here also

Of course there are other factors too, but ultimately, it's only through promiscuity that you can wind up having sex with someone that is infected in the first place. There's also that condoms sometimes break. The study posted by ps3_jrpg_gamer is also quite ambiguous.Here's another one though (showing promiscuity and lack of responsability).

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/04/070430214508.htm



"I don't understand how someone could like Tolstoy and Dostoyevsky, but not like Twilight!!!"

"Last book I read was Brokeback Mountain, I just don't have the patience for them unless it's softcore porn."

                                                                               (The Voice of a Generation and Seece)

"If you cant stand the sound of your own voice than dont become a singer !!!!!"

                                                                               (pizzahut451)

Around the Network

This is not my kind to react to these kind of thread/comments but...this thread is so funny/pathetic/sad.

I've been with the same guy for 3 years, living a normal life... studiying, playing games, working etc. Even if i'm gay doesnt mean i go to insane unprotected orgies every 3 days....

Scary how people think HIV is a gay-only disease... This was really scary to read :

''''''This is just wrong, straight people would never want a gay persons blood inside them. if i had the choice between a straight or gay persons blood id pick the straight guys everytime just like 99% of straight men would.'''''

Please replace gay persons by 'black', or any race, or dwarves... or whatever. I didnt know blood was straight, or gay, or bi.....I feel so sad for you being so dumb.



sapphi_snake said:
o_O.Q said:

you can have sex with a infected person and not be infected, its only if blood transfer occurs that the infection is spread... in this context gays are far more susceptible to infecions being spread for reasons i already covered... but regradless as i said yes i do agree that promicuity was and still is very important to the spread of STDs i'm just pointing out that there are other factors at play here also

Of course there are other factors too, but ultimately, it's only through promiscuity that you can wind up having sex with someone that is infected in the first place. There's also that condoms sometimes break. The study posted by ps3_jrpg_gamer is also quite ambiguous.Here's another one though (showing promiscuity and lack of responsability).

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/04/070430214508.htm

keep in mind that you can be the most devoted person ever and still have your partner cheat on you... thats not to say people shouldn't be responsible for their sexual activity just that theres no real guarantie with situations like this regardless of what you do



Freddy77 said:

This is not my kind to react to these kind of thread/comments but...this thread is so funny/pathetic/sad.

I've been with the same guy for 3 years, living a normal life... studiying, playing games, working etc. Even if i'm gay doesnt mean i go to insane unprotected orgies every 3 days....

Scary how people think HIV is a gay-only disease... This was really scary to read :

''''''This is just wrong, straight people would never want a gay persons blood inside them. if i had the choice between a straight or gay persons blood id pick the straight guys everytime just like 99% of straight men would.'''''

Please replace gay persons by 'black', or any race, or dwarves... or whatever. I didnt know blood was straight, or gay, or bi.....I feel so sad for you being so dumb.

i didn't know that race could be equated to sexuality



Freddy77 said:

This is not my kind to react to these kind of thread/comments but...this thread is so funny/pathetic/sad.

I've been with the same guy for 3 years, living a normal life... studiying, playing games, working etc. Even if i'm gay doesnt mean i go to insane unprotected orgies every 3 days....

Scary how people think HIV is a gay-only disease... This was really scary to read :

''''''This is just wrong, straight people would never want a gay persons blood inside them. if i had the choice between a straight or gay persons blood id pick the straight guys everytime just like 99% of straight men would.'''''

Please replace gay persons by 'black', or any race, or dwarves... or whatever. I didnt know blood was straight, or gay, or bi.....I feel so sad for you being so dumb.

Not as sad as i feel for you saying "Ive been with the same GUY for 3 years" and then saying "living a normal life" in the same sentence and being serious about it. Being gay isnt a normal life so dont kid yourself on that one.

I wouldnt complain about having a black guys blood as long as we straight.



Around the Network
sapphi_snake said:
Player1x3 said:

He cant, because that would mean he would have to acknowledge the fact that hetrosexuality and hetrosexuals have in some way, shape or form an natural advantage or benefit, or even improvment compared to homosexuals, and I guess that makes him very angry for some reason, despite that HIV being more common to gays is a long proven scientific, medical and biological fact. Let alone, that this is only to insure safety and well being of people who need blood to stay alive, gays are not to be ''discriminated'' just because thousands of people can get HIV and die painful and slow death

No, I would not have to acknoledge that in any shape or form, so stop having a wet dream, or whatever you're experiencing.


Ok, sapphi, whatever you say :D



''i didn't know that race could be equated to sexuality''

I just wanted to say it was a strong evidence of racism/denigration/whatever you call it...



Just remember why it was banned in the first place...

http://www.avert.org/blood-safety-hiv.htm

In the US, HIV prevalence among homosexuals who donate are 15 times higher than the general populace. It is very sad such measures must be taken, but I have yet to hear any sort of logical alternative to unfortunate bans.

Sapphi, I'd take a look at the study given in regards to medical practices in Romania. In your country, over 10,000 babies were infected with HIV from 1987 to 1992 due to lack of screening and accepting blood from everyone. Do you really want such kinds of numbers to be visited again if bans are lifted wholesale?



Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
Just remember why it was banned in the first place...

http://www.avert.org/blood-safety-hiv.htm

In the US, HIV prevalence among homosexuals who donate are 15 times higher than the general populace. It is very sad such measures must be taken, but I have yet to hear any sort of logical alternative to unfortunate bans.

Sapphi, I'd take a look at the study given in regards to medical practices in Romania. In your country, over 10,000 babies were infected with HIV from 1987 to 1992 due to lack of screening and accepting blood from everyone. Do you really want such kinds of numbers to be visited again if bans are lifted wholesale?

That was due to blood that came from the West. AIDS is generally uncommon in Eastern Europe, and the majority of people infected were infected at hospitals (women and children are the most likely people to be infected with HIV). Another big reason is that back then syringes would be reused (in some hospitals, they are still reused).



"I don't understand how someone could like Tolstoy and Dostoyevsky, but not like Twilight!!!"

"Last book I read was Brokeback Mountain, I just don't have the patience for them unless it's softcore porn."

                                                                               (The Voice of a Generation and Seece)

"If you cant stand the sound of your own voice than dont become a singer !!!!!"

                                                                               (pizzahut451)

o_O.Q said:
sapphi_snake said:
o_O.Q said:

you can have sex with a infected person and not be infected, its only if blood transfer occurs that the infection is spread... in this context gays are far more susceptible to infecions being spread for reasons i already covered... but regradless as i said yes i do agree that promicuity was and still is very important to the spread of STDs i'm just pointing out that there are other factors at play here also

Of course there are other factors too, but ultimately, it's only through promiscuity that you can wind up having sex with someone that is infected in the first place. There's also that condoms sometimes break. The study posted by ps3_jrpg_gamer is also quite ambiguous.Here's another one though (showing promiscuity and lack of responsability).

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/04/070430214508.htm

keep in mind that you can be the most devoted person ever and still have your partner cheat on you... thats not to say people shouldn't be responsible for their sexual activity just that theres no real guarantie with situations like this regardless of what you do

This is ture, but it applies to all people, regardless of sexual orientation. The thing is, lots of gay men are in non-monogamous relationships, so even if they are in a loving relationship, they're still having sex with other people (mainly one night stands), and exposing themselves (and their partner) to STDs. Just look at forevercloud3000's post on the LGBT relationship thread.



"I don't understand how someone could like Tolstoy and Dostoyevsky, but not like Twilight!!!"

"Last book I read was Brokeback Mountain, I just don't have the patience for them unless it's softcore porn."

                                                                               (The Voice of a Generation and Seece)

"If you cant stand the sound of your own voice than dont become a singer !!!!!"

                                                                               (pizzahut451)