By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN's Dead Island Review

I miss when 8 was seen as a very good score...

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
Dgc1808 said:

Me too.I mean,wth people?an 8 is a very fine score.This game will be brilliant!

Great score, can't wait for play it.
I was thinking of getting it for PC and since the PS3 version have some audio issues i guess its decided then.

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

I guess people think I am crazy because I think 8/10 is a mediocre score.

When it comes to reviews, I only tend to enjoy the games that are rated 9.0 or above (unless the reviewer is very opinionated).

Dgc1808 said:

Or when PS3 owners would have a big party when a game got 9 especially if it was an exclusive!

Around the Network
Siko1989 said:
brendude13 said:
I wish they didn't round review scores to the nearest 0.5

That's a pretty mediocre score these days, the way he talked about the game made it seem a lot better than the final review score. I'm undecided, guess I'll wait for more reviews.

it is?? since when lol

since a lot of games got an 8+ ...?

Good score, will try it out at xmas.

I was intrigued by it at since the trailer, but now it just looks like a generic zombie game without the emotional content I was promised in the announce video.

skeleton_fingers said:
I was intrigued by it at since the trailer, but now it just looks like a generic zombie game without the emotional content I was promised in the announce video.

It  seems that most of the negative reactions are based on this

skeleton_fingers said:

Meh, I thought that trailer was over-rated.