By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN's Dead Island Review

Looks good. I may give it a go.

Around the Network

That doesn't bode well for this game...I still want it really badly though.

-Newcloud- said:
Damn its between this and resistance 3.

I just finished resistance 3....it won't go online till its official release date but the beta really really sucked, the story mode was epic but I'd say buy dead island and get R3 when it's bargain priced

"I don't know what this Yamcha is, but it sounds just like Raditz."

Finally we have one reputable review for this title. The embargo has been nothing less then disconcerting. I intended to pick this title up at launch, but the silence was starting to cause me to have serious reservations. This review oddly enough is about what I expected from what I have seen of the game in previews. The graphics, glitches, and bland story line have been detailed before. They weren't a problem for me when I was psyched for this title, and they are not a problem for me now.

I really think this game will be this years Borderlands, and that is very positive indeed. Given that game was very addictive, and kept me satiated for weeks on end. It has been too long since I played a good online game, and far too long since I purchased a new game. Here is hoping all the reviews are equally positive. Here is a second review I found for the game. The average is going up which is nice to see.

http://reviews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1928/Dead-Island/p1/

Fine score.

Around the Network

I already know my expectations for this game based off the first trailer won't be lived up to, so I'm not going to get this anytime soon. Maybe when its bargained priced.

Eurogamer gave it a 6.

well i see more 8's and 4's coming for this game and maybe a 9 or to

I lost all respect for IGN's reviews after they started worshiping Call Of Duty like it was the next gaming messiah.

I usually depend on the opinions of my friends and/or gameplay videos to make a good decision.
This game however looks somewhat fun.

-Newcloud- said:
Damn its between this and resistance 3.

Resistance will have better reveiw scores i'm sure of that. beta looked good to me. i loved wht i saw. you should check out youtube watch some gameplay and make your choice from that.