Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN's Dead Island Review

I was intrigued by it at since the trailer, but now it just looks like a generic zombie game without the emotional content I was promised in the announce video.

Around the Network
skeleton_fingers said:
I was intrigued by it at since the trailer, but now it just looks like a generic zombie game without the emotional content I was promised in the announce video.

It  seems that most of the negative reactions are based on this

skeleton_fingers said:

Meh, I thought that trailer was over-rated.

brendude13 said:
skeleton_fingers said:

The only thing I gathered from the trailer was that the gameplay was not worth showing off so they showed some other unimportant sh*t.

I hate such trailers unless its a kevin butler trailer which is funny.

mantlepiecek said:
brendude13 said:
skeleton_fingers said:

The only thing I gathered from the trailer was that the gameplay was not worth showing off so they showed some other unimportant sh*t.

I hate such trailers unless its a kevin butler trailer which is funny.

All I saw was a CGI trailer being played in reverse to extremely unfitting music.

...Which clearly means the game will be great.

Far too much hype was generated over that small trailer.

Around the Network
skeleton_fingers said:

I agree.  There are WAY too many zombie games and DLC coming out.  Don't get me wrong, quite a few of them are pretty good, but once I would like to play one that actually makes me feel something while I'm playing it.  The teaser showed me a game that would do that.  Unfortunately, the game is designed to be like that.