By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Best selling JRPG's outside Japan this gen?(on consoles).

Lord_Yggdrassil said:
brendude13 said:

For a game that is 96 on Metacritic, its sales are pretty low.

Hopefully ME3 does better.

And I liked FFXIII :P, Tales of Vesperia had a fairly good story too.

2 and a half million for virtually 1 console is very impressive. ME2 is also a single player ONLY game. . Lets not forget these games aren't popular in Japan at all. 3 mil if you include PS3 version and 5M+ for the ME franchise. its a new IP .  Is ME popular among casuals? no, but who cares.  ME3 will sell a lot more anywya

And Vesperia was a great game, story was nothing special though. Ok ok i'm being harsh, FF13 wasn't the worst RPG this gen far from it but it's the worst FF game in years.

Actually, it is quite impressive, just not what it deserves. Hopefully ME3 will be a huge success.

And you are right Vesperia's story isn't the best, I still thougth the little sub-plots and character interactions were top notch, the voice acting was surprisingly good too.

As for FFXIII, I love every FF game and they each have their own charm, FFXIII is one of my favourites though, only just behind FFVII.

Around the Network

Eternal Sonata (PS3) + (X360)       211,950 + 150,985 = 362,940

According to VGC, both versions did better in the Americas than in Japan.

Demon's Souls?

rutea7 said:
i wish wild arms and suikoden would make a comeback =(

but only if they make good games, i dont need mediocre rpgs.

cant wait to see tales games make it on that list once graces f releases, xillia is doing so well in japan even before release that its bound to get localized.

I would love wild arms game, and suikoden game.