By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 3 New Extended Cargo Plane Campaign Gameplay

NoobSlayer92 said:
worldlyfall said:
o_O.Q said:
worldlyfall said:
o_O.Q said:
worldlyfall said:
o_O.Q said:
worldlyfall said:
brendude13 said:
worldlyfall said:
I am sorry but nothing about this is amazing. I am not being a fanboy I like uncharted, but this video did not show anything amazing. There was nothing mind blowing about this video. I saw the same thing on GT and i saw a bunch or comments saying its so amazing, best game this gen. I cant stress this enough but i really fail the see what is so amazing about this. The action is slow and your only fighting like two or three enemies at once. You fell out of a plane and climbed back in. Nothing about that was great at all. In fact nothing about Uncharted 3 impresses me at all, Uncharted 2 was very impressive when i first saw and played it but this just looks like a expansion with updated visuals.

Its my opinion, I really like uncharted 2, but uncharted 3 looks like a repackage to me. Not hating on the game it will be good only a tool would argue other wise, but i cannot get hyped for something that looks the exact same as before.

Surprise, surprise.

"You fell out of a plane and climbed back in. Nothing about that was great at all."

Total contradiction there. If falling out of a plane and climbing back in isn't impressive, then what is?

"The action is slow and your only fighting like two or three enemies at once."

I don't see how the action is "slow" and I don't see what is wrong with shooting only two or three guys at once, two completely nonsensical and meaningless points.

"something that looks the exact same as before."

There have been many franchises which are culprits of re-packaging the same game, Uncharted isn't one of those.

Bottom line is, Uncharted 3 is looking to out-do Uncharted 1+2 in every way. I think we all know what you came here to do, I can see right through your fake "un-biased" acting too. Your criticisms towards the game were completely pointless and didn't make any sense, you were just grasping at straws, any opportunity to downplay the biggest upcoming PS3 exclusive. With the reputation you're starting to build up, I'm not surprised.

I made a mistake, didnt know there were  names for special perks in uncharted 3, thought they were just different kind of boosters. I am not a hardcore uncharted fan, i dont own a ps3 to go crazy into the games new MP changes, played it at my friends house he set my boosters up before the match. He never said anything about kickbacks while i was playing cause i sucked at the game and wont get them. When my friend played i noticed the sprint boost kickback, he said it was a perk that gets unlocked while playing through the match. Did not think of at as much, cause i didnt realize what a huge change it was. But juding how people are using that one mistake i made agianst me, it was a big one.   

Around the Network
NoobSlayer92 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
worldlyfall said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
worldlyfall said:

Bad company and Battlefield are two different series that why I can’t speak for BF3. I would have spoken about Battlefield if I had played Battlefield 2, but I haven’t, and it’s clear you haven’t either. I can speak for uncharted 3 cause I played the beta and uncharted 2. The MP is revamp like you said with the customization, but the gameplay isn’t. There was a very noticeable difference between Halo 3 and Halo Reach, but there is not for Uncharted 2 and uncharted 3. So the same cannot be said with the two.

wait...tell me..have you actually even played uc3 mp beta? because I don't think anyone who did can say it hasn't made any changes with a straight face

heck I think UC2 MP to UC3 MP jump is one the biggest and boldest ones I have ever seen..so many new things have been added to it! it's like a different game altogether. seriously you're trying too hard now and it shows. I suggest stopping now before you embarass yourself anymore

Did you even read the quote you responded to? I never said the MP was the same as uncharted two, i said it was revamped. Look at what i underlined in my quote. I said gameplay has not changed, but the MP has. Perks changed the gamplay yes, but they  do not count in my opinion cause they cannot be used in ever mode in the game. The gameplay buddy not the MP is basically the same as before. Also what do you mean trying to hard? Are you saying i am nitpicking just to hate on the game? Cause I am not just providing my opinion like the rest of you, if its a crime to not be on uncharted 3 bandwagon, than by all mines lock me up and throw away the keys, you guys act as if i insulted your mothers. Did you read slimebeast comment, he called the franchise overrated yet no one is arguing with him. Is because i am new to the site?  Or is it because you cant handle the fact someone is not impressed by this game?

umm no really..I mean what I asked..you say you played it but doesn't sound like you have a clue on what you are talking about. hence my question, should have been obvious

they added so many new things to gameplay...heck even the basics such as movement, weapons etc were tweaked...but you don't even know what 'kick backs' are ffs! that's like a whole new dimension added to the gameplay..in all mp modes AND in co op. and powerplays are a new addition that changes the dynamics of the match all the time...can't think of a single other game that has something similar. also other smaller things like medals for non camping behavior such as fist bumps over dead bodies...dancing over dead bodies etc have been added.

stop crying already...I don't care if you don't like the game...you won't be the only one and it doesn't bother me in the slightest. the problem i have with you is that you don't seem to have a clue on what you a blabbering on about. the gameplay mechanics have been changed dramatically from uc2 to uc3 = fact. Not sure if you just played a few rounds at a friends place or something but I suggest you go look up the changes before embarassing yourself more. Imean seriously, you thought kickbacks = recoil in an earlier post? LOL

Okay this wordlyfall guy is either a troll or just very stupid.  HE SAID KICKBACKS = RECOIL!  Come on if he was going to argue he should have at least done some research.  I bet he's never even played U1 or U2.  I know everybody is entitled to their own opinion, but I believe this guy should keep his opinions to himself for his own good.

First of all i was not arguing with anyone, i gave my opinion on the video that was being shown and i said i wasnt impressed by it at all. I also said i dont get why uncharted 3 is getting so much hype when its gameplay is basically the same. You don't need to play a whole lot of a game to know if the gameplay has changed from its last installment. As for MP  i admit i dont know much about uncharted 3 MP cause i did not play a whole lot of it. But i said it many times and ill say it agian since you people just like to attack, the mp in uncharted 3 is revamped from the last one. The kill streak and player customization where the things that stood out for me. MP changes do not equal gameplay changes, so i have no idea why people brought up MP when they were replying to my post. You think i did not  play uncharted fine go ahead think what you want. I gave my opinion that is what matters to me. If you dont like you can't do nothing about it. I wont be replying back to anymore response from anyone anymore about this. The sony defense force seems to be in full swing, cant handle people getting angry with me calling me dumb for my opinion, yes i made a mistake i am sorry said it many friggin times before. Didnt know one thing, a MP thing and apparently i am a stupid fanboy troll. Shit give me a break. Next time i will know not to give my opinon about uncharted cause if its not a good one it deserves to be shitted on.

worldlyfall said:
enditall727 said:
worldlyfall said:
I am sorry but nothing about this is amazing. I am not being a fanboy I like uncharted, but this video did not show anything amazing. There was nothing mind blowing about this video. I saw the same thing on GT and i saw a bunch or comments saying its so amazing, best game this gen. I cant stress this enough but i really fail the see what is so amazing about this. The action is slow and your only fighting like two or three enemies at once. You fell out of a plane and climbed back in. Nothing about that was great at all. In fact nothing about Uncharted 3 impresses me at all, Uncharted 2 was very impressive when i first saw and played it but this just looks like a expansion with updated visuals.

Its my opinion, I really like uncharted 2, but uncharted 3 looks like a repackage to me. Not hating on the game it will be good only a tool would argue other wise, but i cannot get hyped for something that looks the exact same as before.

exact same??

okay then name a game this gen(home console's) that impressed over it's predecessor beside's uncharted AND that didn't look the exact same as before

Mass Effect 2 over Mass effect One

Halo Reach over Halo 3

Red Dead Redemption over GTA4 (not the same series but, you know its was GTA western)

Also dont reply back saying I only listed 3 games, you asked for one i gave you more plus i have all of page 3 to respond too.

You second comment was funny yet sadly it was partly true for the first part of this year anyways.

As for Halo i respect the fact you dont like the franchise, its your opinion afterall, unlike most people here i can understand some people differernt views . (or are your just insluting me for what i said about uncharted 3?)

i forgot about mass effect

but honestly when the ps3 version of Mass Effect 2 got announced people actually started to talk down on ME2 saying that it downgraded from me1

and halo reach i played a bit at a friend's house and i couldnt tell the difference(that would probably be because i dont really like halo). he told me that the only thing's added to reach were these space battles and melee moves or something like that

and yea that's exactly why you shouldn't have added red dead redemption. just wait for gta5 to release then we will see

and no i dont care what you say about uncharted because even if you LOVED uncharted it wouldn't change the way i feel about halo.i played halo 2,halo 3 and reach(didnt play that much of it though and i heard it has a good story).

it's just so average to me = i mean it's nothing like mgs4,uncharted2,mass effect or even gears of war but yet their is so much hype and a crazy following with it

whatever though..

@worldlyfall, I think forumers are talking about the multiplayer because that is the only thing they played as of yet. You dont like it, fine, but why in the world are you surprise some people find this game amazing? I dont like FPS at all, is it a reason to not aknowledge Halo or Killzone are well made games? Is it a reason to tell others theres nothing to be amaze off? Your blaming others to not aknowledge your taste and opinion about the game, but in your very first post you made it clear that you didnt understand why other persons are hyped and amaze by the game. You also stated things that arent an opinion, such as re-packaging or same gameplay, while the game is not even release. Are you really surprise people are jumping on you?

worldlyfall said:
NoobSlayer92 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
worldlyfall said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
worldlyfall said:

Bad company and Battlefield are two different series that why I can’t speak for BF3. I would have spoken about Battlefield if I had played Battlefield 2, but I haven’t, and it’s clear you haven’t either. I can speak for uncharted 3 cause I played the beta and uncharted 2. The MP is revamp like you said with the customization, but the gameplay isn’t. There was a very noticeable difference between Halo 3 and Halo Reach, but there is not for Uncharted 2 and uncharted 3. So the same cannot be said with the two.

wait...tell me..have you actually even played uc3 mp beta? because I don't think anyone who did can say it hasn't made any changes with a straight face

heck I think UC2 MP to UC3 MP jump is one the biggest and boldest ones I have ever seen..so many new things have been added to it! it's like a different game altogether. seriously you're trying too hard now and it shows. I suggest stopping now before you embarass yourself anymore

Did you even read the quote you responded to? I never said the MP was the same as uncharted two, i said it was revamped. Look at what i underlined in my quote. I said gameplay has not changed, but the MP has. Perks changed the gamplay yes, but they  do not count in my opinion cause they cannot be used in ever mode in the game. The gameplay buddy not the MP is basically the same as before. Also what do you mean trying to hard? Are you saying i am nitpicking just to hate on the game? Cause I am not just providing my opinion like the rest of you, if its a crime to not be on uncharted 3 bandwagon, than by all mines lock me up and throw away the keys, you guys act as if i insulted your mothers. Did you read slimebeast comment, he called the franchise overrated yet no one is arguing with him. Is because i am new to the site?  Or is it because you cant handle the fact someone is not impressed by this game?

umm no really..I mean what I asked..you say you played it but doesn't sound like you have a clue on what you are talking about. hence my question, should have been obvious

they added so many new things to gameplay...heck even the basics such as movement, weapons etc were tweaked...but you don't even know what 'kick backs' are ffs! that's like a whole new dimension added to the gameplay..in all mp modes AND in co op. and powerplays are a new addition that changes the dynamics of the match all the time...can't think of a single other game that has something similar. also other smaller things like medals for non camping behavior such as fist bumps over dead bodies...dancing over dead bodies etc have been added.

stop crying already...I don't care if you don't like the game...you won't be the only one and it doesn't bother me in the slightest. the problem i have with you is that you don't seem to have a clue on what you a blabbering on about. the gameplay mechanics have been changed dramatically from uc2 to uc3 = fact. Not sure if you just played a few rounds at a friends place or something but I suggest you go look up the changes before embarassing yourself more. Imean seriously, you thought kickbacks = recoil in an earlier post? LOL

Okay this wordlyfall guy is either a troll or just very stupid.  HE SAID KICKBACKS = RECOIL!  Come on if he was going to argue he should have at least done some research.  I bet he's never even played U1 or U2.  I know everybody is entitled to their own opinion, but I believe this guy should keep his opinions to himself for his own good.

First of all i was not arguing with anyone, i gave my opinion on the video that was being shown and i said i wasnt impressed by it at all. I also said i dont get why uncharted 3 is getting so much hype when its gameplay is basically the same. You don't need to play a whole lot of a game to know if the gameplay has changed from its last installment. As for MP  i admit i dont know much about uncharted 3 MP cause i did not play a whole lot of it. But i said it many times and ill say it agian since you people just like to attack, the mp in uncharted 3 is revamped from the last one. The kill streak and player customization where the things that stood out for me. MP changes do not equal gameplay changes, so i have no idea why people brought up MP when they were replying to my post. You think i did not  play uncharted fine go ahead think what you want. I gave my opinion that is what matters to me. If you dont like you can't do nothing about it. I wont be replying back to anymore response from anyone anymore about this. The sony defense force seems to be in full swing, cant handle people getting angry with me calling me dumb for my opinion, yes i made a mistake i am sorry said it many friggin times before. Didnt know one thing, a MP thing and apparently i am a stupid fanboy troll. Shit give me a break. Next time i will know not to give my opinon about uncharted cause if its not a good one it deserves to be shitted on.

"You don't need to play a whole lot of a game to know if the gameplay has changed from its last installmentAs for MP  i admit i dont know much about uncharted 3 MP cause i did not play a whole lot of it."

Okay so let me get this right.  You said you don't need to play a lot of know if the gameplay has changed, but you admit to know knowing much because you did not play it a lot.  That's 1.

"MP changes do not equal gameplay changes"

So revamping the MP and adding a shitload of things does not change the gameplay.  Boosters, Kickbacks, and those other features don't change the gameplay?  That's 2.

"The kill streak and player customization where the things that stood out for me"

They're not "Killstreaks" they are "Medal Kickbacks" which you thought had something to do with the recoil.  And that stood out to you?  That's 3!  

And I'm not part of the "Sony Defence Force" I'm part of the Noob Slaying force.  And the reason why we bashed you was because you were just talking a bunch of crap.

dunno001:

"Needless to say, I've never trusted them, or, frankly, any other review source. What I do trust, is what I see with my own eyes and play with my own hands."

Favorite Games of All-Time:

1.  Star Ocean 3   2. Kingdom Hearts:  Birth by Sleep  3. Kingdom Hearts 1/2  4.  Metal Gear Solid 4    5.  Super Mario 3  6.  Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess/Ocarina of Time  7. Uncharted 2

Around the Network

it looks neat... but it doesn't look better than anything uncharted 2 did.

enditall727 said:
worldlyfall said:
enditall727 said:
worldlyfall said:

exact same??

okay then name a game this gen(home console's) that impressed over it's predecessor beside's uncharted AND that didn't look the exact same as before

Halo Reach over Halo 3

Red Dead Redemption over GTA4 (not the same series but, you know its was GTA western)

Also dont reply back saying I only listed 3 games, you asked for one i gave you more plus i have all of page 3 to respond too.

You second comment was funny yet sadly it was partly true for the first part of this year anyways.

As for Halo i respect the fact you dont like the franchise, its your opinion afterall, unlike most people here i can understand some people differernt views . (or are your just insluting me for what i said about uncharted 3?)

but honestly when the ps3 version of Mass Effect 2 got announced people actually started to talk down on ME2 saying that it downgraded from me1

and halo reach i played a bit at a friend's house and i couldnt tell the difference(that would probably be because i dont really like halo). he told me that the only thing's added to reach were these space battles and melee moves or something like that

and yea that's exactly why you shouldn't have added red dead redemption. just wait for gta5 to release then we will see

and no i dont care what you say about uncharted because even if you LOVED uncharted it wouldn't change the way i feel about halo.i played halo 2,halo 3 and reach(didnt play that much of it though and i heard it has a good story).

it's just so average to me = i mean it's nothing like mgs4,uncharted2,mass effect or even gears of war but yet their is so much hype and a crazy following with it

whatever though..

For the record people did not enmasse say ME2 was inferior to ME1 after it was announced on PS3, some just mentioned they preferred aspects of the first game which was less arcadey (mainly because potential buyers wanted to know what they were missing out on might I add).  In reality it was a rose tinted spectacles situation as some parts of ME1 such as the planet expeditions were boringly repetitve and dull (bear in mind I've finished both and played through ME1 four times).

If you don't like Halo that's fine but the gap between Halo 3 and Reach was frankly huge and it is pretty plain to see if you play one game then the next.

Everyones entitled to an opinion on games, that's why I can confindentally say I don't get the MGS4 hype, I played it for 8 hours and considered it boring and never went back to it, just like I did with GTA4 (I try to give a game enough time to capture my interest in a fair manner if it reviews well).  On the other hand I loved Uncharted 1 & 2 (actually prefer DF story although AT is the better game). 

By the way, some other titles that impressed at least critically over their first games:

Forza 2 - Forza 3

Call Of Duty 2/3 - Modern Warfare (Quite a gap in both graphics and gameplay imo)

Gears - Gears 2 (You'd only massively notice if you played both and observed the advance in terms of art style and less restricitve design choices in action as they removed some of the corridors.  It's a similar jump to what was between U1 and U2, big but subtle).

Assassins Creed - Assassins Creed II

I think you get the general idea that its not as uncommon as you first thought for developers to really pickup the torch between their first efforts and second.  By default of course the third entry in a generation is always going to be tougher to make another visual leap, that's maybe why the art style of Gears 3 changed too to give it more "pop".

slowmo said:

For the record people did not enmasse say ME2 was inferior to ME1 after it was announced on PS3, some just mentioned they preferred aspects of the first game which was less arcadey (mainly because potential buyers wanted to know what they were missing out on might I add).  In reality it was a rose tinted spectacles situation as some parts of ME1 such as the planet expeditions were boringly repetitve and dull (bear in mind I've finished both and played through ME1 four times).

I agree, with what you said and this isn't exactly related... the hammerhead, in the cerberus network. And especially in overlord... are way better than any mako in my opinion. 

The argument is they should have fixed it instead of remove it. And my argument is they fixed it, but didnt' fully put it in XD

slowmo said:
enditall727 said:
worldlyfall said:
enditall727 said:
worldlyfall said:

exact same??

Halo Reach over Halo 3

whatever though..

If you don't like Halo that's fine but the gap between Halo 3 and Reach was frankly huge and it is pretty plain to see if you play one game then the next.

Everyones entitled to an opinion on games, that's why I can confindentally say I don't get the MGS4 hype, I played it for 8 hours and considered it boring and never went back to it, just like I did with GTA4 (I try to give a game enough time to capture my interest in a fair manner if it reviews well).  On the other hand I loved Uncharted 1 & 2 (actually prefer DF story although AT is the better game). 

By the way, some other titles that impressed at least critically over their first games:

Forza 2 - Forza 3

Call Of Duty 2/3 - Modern Warfare (Quite a gap in both graphics and gameplay imo)

Gears - Gears 2 (You'd only massively notice if you played both and observed the advance in terms of art style and less restricitve design choices in action as they removed some of the corridors.  It's a similar jump to what was between U1 and U2, big but subtle).

Assassins Creed - Assassins Creed II

I think you get the general idea that its not as uncommon as you first thought for developers to really pickup the torch between their first efforts and second.  By default of course the third entry in a generation is always going to be tougher to make another visual leap, that's maybe why the art style of Gears 3 changed too to give it more "pop".

yea i didn't like gta4 too much either

but the thing about mgs4 is that you HAVE to play mgs1,2 and 3 before you play mgs4

that is THE game that you must have played the others to play mgs4.

have you played metal gear solid 1? and have you played it fully to the end?

worldlyfall said:
brendude13 said:
worldlyfall said:

Surprise, surprise.

"You fell out of a plane and climbed back in. Nothing about that was great at all."

Total contradiction there. If falling out of a plane and climbing back in isn't impressive, then what is?

"The action is slow and your only fighting like two or three enemies at once."

I don't see how the action is "slow" and I don't see what is wrong with shooting only two or three guys at once, two completely nonsensical and meaningless points.

"something that looks the exact same as before."

There have been many franchises which are culprits of re-packaging the same game, Uncharted isn't one of those.

Bottom line is, Uncharted 3 is looking to out-do Uncharted 1+2 in every way. I think we all know what you came here to do, I can see right through your fake "un-biased" acting too. Your criticisms towards the game were completely pointless and didn't make any sense, you were just grasping at straws, any opportunity to downplay the biggest upcoming PS3 exclusive. With the reputation you're starting to build up, I'm not surprised.

Are me you always going to fight? I am not saying the game is bad it’s just looks like the same thing as Uncharted 2. If it’s not as you say, than please tell me a new gameplay element that was added in uncharted 3 that was not in uncharted 2. Like i said before it’s my opinion, nothing nowadays really impresses me, other than BF3, so i am not hating because it’s a ps3 exclusive, I am just giving my opinion like the rest of you.

Just because I am not going gaga over this i must be a fanboy? Right? Can’t have a opinion different from yours or others.

I really don’t care about what rep i am building up, I am not a Xbox fanboy i don’t pay for Live and the last game i bought for the system was Halo Reach which was almost a year ago. I am not sure if you can but if can look at my post history I have not attack the ps3 at all, or posted on threads about games I don’t care about. I know I made it clear I will defend the Xbox in my posts but the only reason why I am is because PlayStation fanboys are everywhere on the internet and go ape shit all over 360 articles with blind fanboy furry for no reason. Example that Halo 2 remake thread a couple of weeks ago. 

Like I said before the game will be amazing, but I don’t see how you guys can go crazy over this when it’s basically the same thing as before. People complain about COD being the same but uncharted 3 is doing the same thing and no one is complaining, just proves most ps3 fanboys have double standards.

I respect you opinion, you're right, you don't have to like the game. However, the argument that it's more of the same is just a stupid argument. Look at most franchises, COD is  more of the same, Halo is more of the same, Assassin's Creed is more of the same, hell, Zelda is more of the same. The only two franchises that I can honestly say switch it up from time to time is Mario and Final Fantasy. A franchised is defined by doing that it does best, even if it means more of the same but with new graphics, new location, etc. Uncharted's main sell point, In my own opinion, are the expectacular action set pieces that you play through out the game. It may the same indiana jones, treasure hunter action montage every game but the storyline and pacing in te game are superb, the graphics are amazing and the gameplay is very well done as well. I mean, I think gears of war 3 SINGLE PLAYER is exactly the same stuff you get in the first two. Same goes for God of War, Devil may cry, Halo. Yet those franchises are critically acclaimed because they know what they are doing, and even if it is more of the same, the do an amazing job at it that makes us coming back for more. 

Again, you have your opinion on it, I respect it. Don't let people feel bad for not finding this amazing or mindblowing.

as for slimeball, I'm not gonna bother with that guy, nothing he says is of either value or is worth reading, much less responding.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian