By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Can ICO & SOTC Collection sell a million units? UPDATE: Mission officially accomplished!

Well, CAN IT!?!

Nah, no way 38 14.50%

No, it'll just miss it 40 15.27%

Yeah, just barely 97 37.02%

Yes! easily 57 21.76%

It'll outsell MW3! 30 11.45%

Total:262

I would like to see it do 1mil. i would love to see it do 2mil. sadly it was stealth released. i think some advertising wouldve been nice.

Around the Network
A203D said:
I would like to see it do 1mil. i would love to see it do 2mil. sadly it was stealth released. i think some advertising wouldve been nice.

it should be able crack 1mil. B_E_L_I_E_V_E

My favorite movie reviewers (offensive but still awesome) aren't even real critics.  Just a bunch of cool guys that like the things that I like.  To my surprise, they gave this game their highest honor--"Better that sex!!"  I may have to pick this game up myself.  I predicted 300,000-500,000 but I don't mind eating my words.  I love when a good game gets good sales.

i said it would at the start and i still stick by that!

thehusbo said:
i said it would at the start and i still stick by that!

With good reason, too!

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
A203D said:

I think it will definitly do over 1 mil, come this time next year. and they'll probabily make it avaliable for digital download sometime, and then at some point make The Last Guardian special edition come with these 2 pre-packaged. so it should get a lot of exposure that way. which is the key thing. which is why i think it could have good legs, and eventully creed into 1.5 -2mil. it will be out a few years now anyway.

the problem is Sony just arnt advertising their games. and when we do get advertisments (here in the EU) they're no where near as good as the Microsoft ones. it really sucks, so many good games are getting lost in translation this gen.

I think it'll easily do it, these games were never huge back in the day. It's only the good reviews that are making people see what all the fuss was about.

A203D said:
Jay520 said:
A203D said:

I think it will definitly do over 1 mil, come this time next year. and they'll probabily make it avaliable for digital download sometime, and then at some point make The Last Guardian special edition come with these 2 pre-packaged. so it should get a lot of exposure that way. which is the key thing. which is why i think it could have good legs, and eventully creed into 1.5 -2mil. it will be out a few years now anyway.

the problem is Sony just arnt advertising their games. and when we do get advertisments (here in the EU) they're no where near as good as the Microsoft ones. it really sucks, so many good games are getting lost in translation this gen.

If 360 had the games out that PS3 has then it would've been murder. Cold blooded murder.

Ordered my copy this week coz dint have time to play so no point getting it day1. 1m by Sept next year imo.

I voted yes, but now I think no. Didn't the God of War Collection only just break 2 million and GoW games typically sell over 4 million?

ICO and Shadow of the Colossus were 1 million and under selling games. The original games combined just barely sold over 1 million units.

So I don't think the remake will make a difference either.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results