By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Can ICO & SOTC Collection sell a million units? UPDATE: Mission officially accomplished!

Well, CAN IT!?!

Nah, no way 38 14.50%

No, it'll just miss it 40 15.27%

Yeah, just barely 97 37.02%

Yes! easily 57 21.76%

It'll outsell MW3! 30 11.45%

Total:262

First things first. I'm impressed by how much more effort you're putting into these threads. If I remember correctly you used to leave two - three sentences for a post. Now you leave two - three paragraphs with a great amount of detail and evidence. Keep up the good work man.

OT : I'm going to say that ICO & SOTC Collection will reach 1 Million units sold atleast. It's going to be well recieved from the critics, going to get a decent holiday boost, and I believe it will be advertised to some extent.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network
Notorius.A.i.G said:
First things first. I'm impressed by how much more effort you're putting into these threads. If I remember correctly you used to leave two - three sentences for a post. Now you leave two - three paragraphs with a great amount of detail and evidence. Keep up the good work man.

Thanks, I've started to step my game up lately. BTW, you don't post much anymore, where have you been?

I don't think so, Ico & SOTC Collection aren't nearly as popular as the God of War series and is the last guardian demo really included?

Jay520 said:
Notorius.A.i.G said:

Thanks, I've started to step my game up lately. BTW, you don't post much anymore, where have you been?

I've been around. Video games to me have lost its " magic " with a few exceptions. Not to the mention the fact that it's summer.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

BHR-3 said:
absolutely, if GOW collection did i dont see why not for this it just wont do it as fast as gow did

PS i like how you added the data, i hate when posters just ask a question with no data

I think GOW collection might have been a one-time hit.

The Sly, Prince of Persia and Tomb Raider collections all sold crap (and soon Splinter Cell will). Then again I suppose the ICO franchise has more buzz behind it than those (though I don't know their sales).

Around the Network
non-gravity said:
BHR-3 said:
absolutely, if GOW collection did i dont see why not for this it just wont do it as fast as gow did

PS i like how you added the data, i hate when posters just ask a question with no data

I think GOW collection might have been a one-time hit.

The Sly, Prince of Persia and Tomb Raider collections all sold crap (and soon Splinter Cell will). Then again I suppose the ICO franchise has more buzz behind it than those (though I don't know their sales).

I would argue that no one wanted to play sly, prince of persia, or tomb raider. None of those were as critically acclaimed as the ICO games, nor do they have as much as hype as The ICO Collection. Not that ICO Collection has much hype, but still. Nearly every list that icludes the top PS2 games includes Shadow Of The Collussus & ICO. The reason it's being made in the first place is because it was one of the most asked requests on PSN blog. I would say that a lot of gamers want this title.

The Last Guardian has been labelled by many sites & gamers as one of the PS3's most wanted exclusives. Those who are interested in TLG are probably educated on ICO/SOTC and will likely want to play them. However, due to the rarity of those two titles, many gamers don't have a chance to play them on the PS2. If one combines all those factors, then one could see how many people are excited for this collection.

Now, you could argue that internet hype does not equal success for a title. I would say games like Demon's Souls & Valkyria Chronicles, two unique niche games, managed to crack one million with the help of the internet. Of course being excellent, unique games also helped. Heavy Rain also followed this trend. But Heavy Rain managed to fly past one mill. I would say that has to do with Sony's marketing. I hope the same will happen with This game. Internet Hype + Word-of-month = One mill. Hopefully.

Also, about Sly, Tomb Raider, & Prince Persia. One could say all of those series are much less talked about this gen compared to last. When you look at God of War & the ICO series, you'll notice that the buzz for these series is actually greater than last gen.

0% chance. It'll do similar to Sly Collection's numbers.

ElGranCabeza said:

Lol.

Wanna bet? I say it sells more than 40,000 copies. (Sly Collection sold 29,000 according to VGC).

Whoever wins chooses the other's avatar and signature for 1 year.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Troll_Whisperer said:
ElGranCabeza said:

Lol.

Wanna bet? I say it sells more than 40,000 copies. (Sly Collection sold 29,000 according to VGC).

Whoever wins chooses the other's avatar and signature for 1 year.

I thought Sly Collection did 500k. If you're willing to go to 500k, I accept your bet.

Troll_Whisperer said:
ElGranCabeza said:

It actually sold 290,000.