By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Can ICO & SOTC Collection sell a million units? UPDATE: Mission officially accomplished!

Well, CAN IT!?!

Nah, no way 38 14.50%

No, it'll just miss it 40 15.27%

Yeah, just barely 97 37.02%

Yes! easily 57 21.76%

It'll outsell MW3! 30 11.45%

Total:262
Michael-5 said:
1.) I voted yes, but now I think no. Didn't the God of War Collection only just break 2 million and GoW games typically sell over 4 million?

2.) ICO and Shadow of the Colossus were 1 million and under selling games. The original games combined just barely sold over 1 million units.

So I don't think the remake will make a difference either.

1.) No, God of War games don't typically break 4million. Only God of War 3 has achieved that feat. GoW 1 & 2 have only sold in the 3million range.In fact, GoW2 was UNDER 3million up until GoW3's release. Oh, and GoWC will likely also end in the high 2m range, nearing 3m.

2.) ICO has sold 1million I think. SoTC, on the other hand, has sold 1million only in the NA & Japan regions. We don't have the data for the EMEAA region. Either way, The Last Guardian could boost sales for both of these games, & the remake, similar to the way GoW3 boosted GoW1, GoW2, & the GoWC.

The ICO & SoTC: Collection has sold 300k so far ( tracking 115k below the GoWC, which launched further in the holdiay season). It should be able to sell 500k this year & another 500k next year with TLG boost I think. Keep in mind Team ICO is much more appreciated than last generation

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:
I voted yes, but now I think no. Didn't the God of War Collection only just break 2 million and GoW games typically sell over 4 million?

ICO and Shadow of the Colossus were 1 million and under selling games. The original games combined just barely sold over 1 million units.

I disagree, SotC actually did 1 million without counting EU sales which we don't have data for, and I can't find numbers for Ico, but I doubt that Ico's sales and SotC's EU sales when added to the total will make it just over a million.  

Both of these games suffered from beingn largely unknown to the gaming community at larege, but I don't think that problem pesists anymore and the collection should be able to make it to 1m in time.

Torillian said:
Michael-5 said:
I voted yes, but now I think no. Didn't the God of War Collection only just break 2 million and GoW games typically sell over 4 million?

ICO and Shadow of the Colossus were 1 million and under selling games. The original games combined just barely sold over 1 million units.

I disagree, SotC actually did 1 million without counting EU sales which we don't have data for, and I can't find numbers for Ico, but I doubt that Ico's sales and SotC's EU sales when added to the total will make it just over a million.  

Both of these games suffered from beingn largely unknown to the gaming community at larege, but I don't think that problem pesists anymore and the collection should be able to make it to 1m in time.

Agreed.

Jay520 said:
Michael-5 said:
1.) I voted yes, but now I think no. Didn't the God of War Collection only just break 2 million and GoW games typically sell over 4 million?

2.) ICO and Shadow of the Colossus were 1 million and under selling games. The original games combined just barely sold over 1 million units.

1.) No, God of War games don't typically break 4million. Only God of War 3 has achieved that feat. GoW 1 & 2 have only sold in the 3million range.In fact, GoW2 was UNDER 3million up until GoW3's release. Oh, and GoWC will likely also end in the high 2m range, nearing 3m.

2.) ICO has sold 1million I think. SoTC, on the other hand, has sold 1million only in the NA & Japan regions. We don't have the data for the EMEAA region. Either way, The Last Guardian could boost sales for both of these games, & the remake, similar to the way GoW3 boosted GoW1, GoW2, & the GoWC.

The ICO & SoTC: Collection has sold 300k so far ( tracking 115k below the GoWC, which launched further in the holdiay season). It should be able to sell 500k this year & another 500k next year with TLG boost I think. Keep in mind Team ICO is much more appreciated than last generation

1) Yea I see 3.5-4 million is the normal, and Collection looks to sell between 2.5-3 million lifetime.

2) Shadow of the Colossus sold just over 1 million not includiong EMEAA so probably 1.5 million lifetime, and ICO is no data, but like Oni and most PS2 launch games I only expect it to have sold 500k. So combined Ico and Shadow of the colossus sold 2 million. Since this is the case, I'll agree 1 million is possible, but it will need a boost from The Last Guardian.

1 million is possible, realistically it will sell in the 800k-1.2 million range, so this thread is just a boarderline debate. Who cares if it sells 950k or breaks 1 million.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:
Jay520 said:
Michael-5 said:

1) Yea I see 3.5-4 million is the normal, and Collection looks to sell between 2.5-3 million lifetime.

2) Shadow of the Colossus sold just over 1 million not includiong EMEAA so probably 1.5 million lifetime, and ICO is no data, but like Oni and most PS2 launch games I only expect it to have sold 500k. So combined Ico and Shadow of the colossus sold 2 million. Since this is the case, I'll agree 1 million is possible, but it will need a boost from The Last Guardian.

1 million is possible, realistically it will sell in the 800k-1.2 million range, so this thread is just a boarderline debate. Who cares if it sells 950k or breaks 1 million.

Well, it's a pretty nice milestone for some. I'm just doing it for fun.

Around the Network

i really want to see it sell well over a million copies, but it's a niche game released very late into the ps3's lifecycle, i hate to be the one who announces gloom and doom, but i don't think it will make it unfortunately
hopefully i will find the money to buy it as well, who knows i could be wrong??

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

sony should bundle this with every ps3 this x-mas which should buildup the hype for the last guardian

After 7 weeks, the game has sold over 430k with the last few weeks showing an upward trend increasing to 30k likely due to the holiday. If we take a conservative approach and assumes the game keeps stagnant at 30k, it'll be well over 500k after 10 weeks. A more likely scenario involves the game increasing a bit over the next few weeks, which puts it at 550k after 10 weeks

The game should be anywhere between 600 - 700k by the end of the year, depending on how the holiday treats it.

With a small TLG boost next year, 1 Million Lifetime seems possible!

in time it will i think

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/sales-data/47275/the-ico-ampamp-shadow-of-the-colossus-collection/

Halfway there! It should be around 600k by the end of the year. One-Million is still possible!