By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Long Live PLAY - Butler is back!

I was kinda hoping they would get rid of KB and make commercials filled mainly gameplay. For example, the gow3 commercial would have been better if you showed Kratos going on a small journey towards a giant beast. While on his path, he kills several weaker enemies in a cinematic fashion. That could have been a much more convincing trailer IMO. And for the Uncharted 3 commercial, they could show a compacted version of the airplane trailer. That would be much more convincing then a KB commercial IMO.

Around the Network

I knew it!..

CGI-Quality said:
Seece said:
Machina said:

Well if that's all they've got to fall back  on ("hey, there's a PlayStation logo on the screen, who cares if we talk about carpets, in-jokes and Jack Tretton being a boss for 60 seconds!") then I think it's just proving my point that it's really not a good advertisement for anyone but avid gamers like ourselves at all.

I wouldn't bother, CGI would never agree wit you Sony havn't done something spectacularly good

Your insults never change Seece, you need some new material.

It's interesting too, I agreed with his sentiments, so you're either a selective reader or have a hard time reading. Take your pick.

Well, you never change, so if it aint broke don't fix it would love you to prove me wrong one day.

CGI-Quality said:
Seece said:
CGI-Quality said:

Your insults never change Seece, you need some new material.

It's interesting too, I agreed with his sentiments, so you're either a selective reader or have a hard time reading. Take your pick.

Well, you never change, so if it aint broke don't fix it would love you to prove me wrong one day.

Frankly, the topic has nothing to do with who you think is a "fanboy", insecure, or whatever. Anyone can see, just from the few pages in here, that it's really only been one individual showing any insecurity, and it certainly hasn't been me.

I don't consider someone who is incredibly passionate about a company a fanboy, so you got that wrong. But no, get over yourself, I'm not insecure, just voicing my opinion (which I rarely do in Sony topics) that as an advert, this isn't very good, and it screams insecurity and jealousy from Sony themselves to take digs at the competition.

Heaven forbid I talk about how effective the advert is in ... a topic about an advert ... yeah .. we should just talk about the embarssing schoolboy humour

Kantor said:
Now ship him over to the UK to make some ads for us. Our PS3 ads are lame

Yeah they are...

And I have missed KB, hopefully this should provide a little push in the US

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Seece said:
CGI-Quality said:

Frankly, the topic has nothing to do with who you think is a "fanboy", insecure, or whatever. Anyone can see, just from the few pages in here, that it's really only been one individual showing any insecurity, and it certainly hasn't been me.

I don't consider someone who is incredibly passionate about a company a fanboy, so you got that wrong. But no, get over yourself, I'm not insecure, just voicing my opinion (which I rarely do in Sony topics) that as an advert, this isn't very good, and it screams insecurity and jealousy from Sony themselves to take digs at the competition.

Heaven forbid I talk about how effective the advert is in ... a topic about an advert ... yeah .. we should just talk about the embarssing schoolboy humour

Um, there wasn't any resistance from me regarding your opinion. It's the fact that you can't give an opinion (with certain people) without petty digs (your unnecessary comment to Machina, for example).

I did give my opinion, the 'it only does _____' is great, and the kevin butler portion is bad. Look up. Of course, I'm looking at this as an advert.

dude seece, give it a rest man >_> you are thinking way way waaaaaaaaaay too much about it. when i heard the weak sauce game comment the first thing that popped to my head was shovelware. good games will get both core and casuals on their feet, may it be move, wii or kinect. it honestly didn't even cross my mind that its a dig against competition. this ad was made mainly for the core, those who actually know he left the previous ad campaign for example. heck I don't think ms even used a grandma in one of their ads...Move did. so no don't think too much into it. it's just a simple fun ad. is it good? you may not think so and that's fine but you are creating an issue where there is none

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

btw do you guys think sony will use THIS ad campaign to promote vita also? :S it might be a bit confusing. as long as it's a new campaign that's like the ones with christian schaal..and not the step yo game up one I'll be more than happy

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

CGI-Quality said:
Machina said:
CGI-Quality said:
Anyway: I'm hearing that there's apparently KB ads ready to roll out for Resistance 3, Uncharted 3, & The ICO Collection. So long as the price cut is at the end of each ad (which I'm pretty sure it will be), they may have a pretty solid holiday!

Woo! Hope someone links this to me when it goes out. More Team Ico footage is never a bad thing xD

I wonder if they'll remind newcomers that the games are once PS2 titles brought to this generation, or market the Collection as a new title altogether. Either way, I'm sure this place will have it somewhere as soon as it's Live.

EDIT: lulz quoted the wrong person.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

CGI-Quality said:

"Listen up, I'm not coming back to the industry to sell some watered down, get-grandma-off-the-couch weak-sauce".

There are no words!

I'm glad I got a chance to play Wii Sport bowling with my Grandma before she died.  She never played video games before even though I brought my NES, Genesis, PS1, etc.. throughout the years over to her house.  If you ask me this is one of my greatest video game memories and I thank Nintendo for releasing the Wii to allow both of us to enjoy a game together.  By the way it didn't get her off the couch because she was in a wheelchair.  She did bowl about a 150-160 though which isn't too shabby for someone that barely played.  I just wanted to point out that even though most "hardcore" gamers seem to despise casual games it does provide an opportunity for "hardcore" gamers to play video games with parents, grandparents, young children, anyone that wouldn't normally play...