By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Long Live PLAY - Butler is back!

Silver-Tiger said:
EPIC!

Can't wait to see KB advertising the Vita.

You and me both.

Playstation All-Stars is one of the best games I've played this gen, and is the most fun I've had in a game this gen.

Around the Network
Machina said:

I like the Kevin Butler ads a lot on a personal level - they're always funny. I don't think they're good as actual advertisements though; this one's quite complex (only avid gamers - the sort who have already made up their minds - are going to understand anything for the first 60 seconds) and there's hardly any product placement (well over a minute before it's clear it's a PlayStation ad, and almost 75 seconds before you see an actual product).

i don't think they will air this/much or even at all...at least not in the current format. they will size it down ..heck if they jsut show that last bit it would be more than enough

lol fire crossbow shot...tv worth more than car... = so much win

and seriously ppl...chill :D it's a fun ad..don't take it too seriously..can't wait to see the PSVita adds

and oh yea

'you are the boss of me' LOL

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Now ship him over to the UK to make some ads for us. Our PS3 ads are lame

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

KB never specifically insulted any specific group with that statement. If you think he targeted Kinect, Wii, or casual games in general. Perhaps that's your own opinion of them but you're in denial over it.

It was just a joke and I don't believe it was targeted at anyone.

Wagram said:
KB never specifically insulted any specific group with that statement. If you think he targeted Kinect, Wii, or casual games in general. Perhaps that's your own opinion of them but you're in denial over it.

"Listen up, I'm not coming back to the industry to sell some watered down, get-grandma-off-the-couch weak-sauce".

Exactly who else could that be aimed at?? It's you in denial. A) Get off the coach (Wii, Kinect, heck even move, but then they're not gonna slate there own product) B) Grandma aka casual gamer. The evidence is all there.

And yeah it's just a joke, never said it wasn't, just pointing out the flaws. This is what I mean about insecure.

Around the Network
Seece said:
Wagram said:

"Listen up, I'm not coming back to the industry to sell some watered down, get-grandma-off-the-couch weak-sauce".

Exactly who else could that be aimed at?? It's you in denial. A) Get off the coach (Wii, Kinect, heck even move, but then they're not gonna slate there own product) B) Grandma aka casual gamer. The evidence is all there.

And yeah it's just a joke, never said it wasn't, just pointing out the flaws. This is what I mean about insecure.

I think you are over thinking this because if you thought too much about it, You can also argue it's a dig at the Move because they used the get off the couch angle to get get people into the move.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Machina said:
CGI-Quality said:
Machina said:

I like the Kevin Butler ads a lot - they're always funny. I don't think they're good as actual advertisements though; this one's quite complex (only avid gamers - the sort who have already made up their minds - are going to understand the first 60 seconds) and there's hardly any product palcement (well over a minute before it's clear it's a PlayStation ad, and almost 75 seconds before you see an actual product).

The PlayStation logo is at the bottom of the ad the entire time

I DO agree that it's still vague in ways. Usually KB ads get to the point, but since this one is re-introducing him to the market, they added the rest for the fans/userbase. They need to address non-fans/owners as well.

Well if that's all they've got to fall back  on ("hey, there's a PlayStation logo on the screen, who cares if we talk about carpets, in-jokes and Jack Tretton being a boss for 60 seconds!") then I think it's just proving my point that it's really not a good advertisement for anyone but avid gamers like ourselves at all.

I wouldn't bother, CGI would never agree wit you Sony havn't done something spectacularly good

Ajescent said:
Seece said:
Wagram said:

I think you are over thinking this because if you thought too much about it, You can also argue it's a dig at the Move because they used the get off the couch angle to get get people into the move.

They can afford to take a dig at the move either way.

Seece said:
Ajescent said:
Seece said:
Wagram said:

They can afford to take a dig at the move either way.

But not Kinect? If I read too much into your post, I could argue that's a dig at the Move.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Kantor said:
Now ship him over to the UK to make some ads for us. Our PS3 ads are lame

I'm not surprised, PS3 does best in Europe and beats the competition, no need for these sorts of ads.