By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Long Live PLAY - Butler is back!

If you can't beat 'em, bash 'em.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

KB is back...awesome

YIPPE!!!!

Meh, I'd hoped they finally got rid of the butler...I can see why PS3 fans like him but as a non-PS3 owner I really can't say he makes me want to go out and buy a PS3. Quite the opposite actually. He's the kind of guy that doesn't know how to debate so he resorts to insults instead. If Sony wants 360/Wii-gamers to "upgrade" then Butler is definitely not helping, imho.

Get someone who knows how to properly show off the Sony games instead.

CGI-Quality said:
Munkeh111 said:
Kantor said:
Now ship him over to the UK to make some ads for us. Our PS3 ads are lame

Yeah they are...

And I have missed KB, hopefully this should provide a little push in the US

Just curious, what are the ads like there?

They are boring old show some of the game, and then have the PS3 at the end, the same style as you would get for a 3rd party game

Around the Network

Í'm glad that he's back, I buy every game that has a Kevin Butler ad if he comes to Europe!

Some people are reacting ridiculously even though they are obviously a fan of another company ...

it's a typical KB ad,quite entertaing

10 for effort

Above & Beyond

Wow, some people are really thick and that's only because they want to.

This is an *internet* ad quite clearly geared at the *hardcore* crowd that has enough interest to be online reading about games and browsing for gaming related media. Why should it not pander to the core crowd only? They are the video's target audience and they *will* understand everything in that video.

If Sony wanted to get the casuals, they would send a different video to TV and metro stations.

Seece said:
CGI-Quality said:
Seece said:
Machina said:

Well if that's all they've got to fall back  on ("hey, there's a PlayStation logo on the screen, who cares if we talk about carpets, in-jokes and Jack Tretton being a boss for 60 seconds!") then I think it's just proving my point that it's really not a good advertisement for anyone but avid gamers like ourselves at all.

I wouldn't bother, CGI would never agree wit you Sony havn't done something spectacularly good

Your insults never change Seece, you need some new material.

It's interesting too, I agreed with his sentiments, so you're either a selective reader or have a hard time reading. Take your pick.

Well, you never change, so if it aint broke don't fix it would love you to prove me wrong one day.

You're both as supremely fucking irritating as each other - so stop ruining this thread with your boring bitching lest I reach for my flaming crossbow and try my luck...

CGI-Quality said:
theprof00 said:
CGI-Quality said:

"Listen up, I'm not coming back to the industry to sell some watered down, get-grandma-off-the-couch weak-sauce".

There are no words!

But the truth of the matter is that Sony is just losing themselves sales by insulting the expanded audience. I don't know about anyone else, but I've bought 5 copies of kinect adventures, and am willing to spend half my paycheck every week on these shitty games, because THEY ARE FUN for the 5 minutes a day I get to play them. I never get bored of those games, and if you ask me, SLOWNY needs to get with the times, because shitty commuter games are the future.

Who's he really insulting though? He's there to promote games, and pokes a little fun in the process. He didn't say the "competition" was weak, or sucks or "shitty", he just made a statement that's meant to spark a laugh. There wasn't even a hint that he was directing that at Kinect or the Wii specifically - so you'd be jumping to conclusions either way.

In the end, it's no worse than Sega vs Nintendo of the past. In fact, "Sega does what Nintendon't" was far worse than anything Kevin Butler said.

Edit: Having a second look, I now wonder if you were being sarcastic....?

I think I was pretty accurate, though as shown, I should've gone for "insulting the competition" on top of "insulting the audience". Just goes to show that I just don't see the little innuendos that people dream up.

And in fact, I think the opposite of these armchair marketing experts. I think an ad directly talking smack in abig way would be lots of laughs, and great advertising.