By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Taylor Swift is greater than Bob Dylan

PullusPardus said:

Bob Dylan didn't go on stage with Justin Bieber.

You are a big troll, your argument is invalid.

She's a young girl! Of course she's gonna like Justin Bieber, and honestly, at one time The Beatles were having girls scream for them like they are for Justin. For all you know Justin can really develop into a true artist like Pink Floyd, Freddie Mercury, Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, Jim Morrison, Janis Jolplin, and Mr Hendrix.

I'm not a troll, i've been on this site for years and I love Taylor Swift. That's not being a troll and you're being insensitive to other people's opinions because they differ from your own, and really, that's not being fair. You are not a team player.

Signalstar said:
Ps3 said:
Reasonable said:
I've thought about it... and no, she's not. Still, at least you like her music. But no. Nope. Niet. Nada. She might well sell more - I have no idea - but no way will she have the same impact on music long term.

She's already having an impact. There are people everywhere who chant her lyrics and classify her music as one of the highest excellents of this day and age. She was awarded all the Grammys she received because of the musical experts in the Grammy department who noticed her talent. Musical greats all over have won Grammys and Taylor is simply just standing next to them now. Now all she needs to do is stay true to herself and 60 years from now all these classic rock radio stations will be playing Taylor's Country Rock songs.

Signalstar said:
Ps3 said:
Signalstar said:
At giving head probably.

Um because she's a female? I think not. She has so much talent. Read her lyrics and come back to this thread.

Mummelmann said:
I wholeheartedly disagree.

That's 100% okay! But can you back up why? I'm just curious as to why you would think that.

RageBot said:
If that's not trolling, than you're the person with the worst music taste I have ever seen.

I never thought it was logically fathomable that someone will say that shitty pop lyrics will be better than Bob Dylan's, who pepole still make covers of his songs 50+ years after they've been written.

No, I'm not trolling. Just because I prefer Taylor doesn't make it trolling. That's so unreal to even say! Um, Taylor is not pop, she is Country and it's not shitty. Talk to all her Grammy awards. Pretty soon he'll be covering Taylor's songs because I can't blame him for wanting to cover such artistic work.

Wow that's so sexist! I'm sure there are plenty of guys that give great head out there.

And as to her lyrics "She's cheer captain and I'm on the bleachers" -riveting. I am absolutely sure that Taylor Swift, the girl that poses for magazines and advertises lipstick is the type of shy quiet girl that always gets passed over by cheerleaders.

Actually it's not because you were talking about Taylor and it was a very sexist remark.

Is that the only song you know by her? That's her most mainstream song ever! Listen to her other songs deep within her album that weren't mainstream singles, because there are some golden tunes on there. Overall, White Horse totally reminds me of a female John Lennon.

What are you talking about. It had nothing to do with her being female but with her having nice full lips. Have you ever seen Bob Dylan? He has like a pigeon beak. Pigeon's can't give good head. That would be ridiculous.

But this thread is about a female who can be argued being better than Bob Dylan, and you said she was better as doing *BLAH BLAH* Who else would have you been talking about then? You're not making any sense right now. Please rephrase your original post.

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

BUY TAYLOR'S NEW ALBUM REPUTATION!!

Around the Network
Ps3 said:

I'm not a troll, i've been on this site for years and I love Taylor Swift. That's not being a troll and you're being insensitive to other people's opinions because they differ from your own, and really, that's not being fair. You are not a team player.

And all this time you are trying to prove how much you love Taylor Swift

and nobody gives a damn about your opinion, so after years of trying to convince us how good she is, and with nobody agreeing with you, i think its time to stop posting on here and find a Taylor Swift fan site for you to waste your time on.

Bob Dylan has influenced Folk ,Country, Rock and Roll, Rhythm and Blues ,Gospel and basically created folk rock , sold more than 70 million albums,Stevie Wonder a called him Americas greatest living songwriter this isn't having a go at Taylor Swift it just you have no sense of musical history it seems like you have to put her on to high a pedestal
yes she's talented but you can't compare her to one of Americas greatest songwriters and be thought of as legitimate.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Ps3 said:
PullusPardus said:

Bob Dylan didn't go on stage with Justin Bieber.

You are a big troll, your argument is invalid.

She's a young girl! Of course she's gonna like Justin Bieber, and honestly, at one time The Beatles were having girls scream for them like they are for Justin. For all you know Justin can really develop into a true artist like Pink Floyd, Freddie Mercury, Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, Jim Morrison, Janis Jolplin, and Mr Hendrix.

Signalstar said:
Ps3 said:
Reasonable said:
I've thought about it... and no, she's not. Still, at least you like her music. But no. Nope. Niet. Nada. She might well sell more - I have no idea - but no way will she have the same impact on music long term.

She's already having an impact. There are people everywhere who chant her lyrics and classify her music as one of the highest excellents of this day and age. She was awarded all the Grammys she received because of the musical experts in the Grammy department who noticed her talent. Musical greats all over have won Grammys and Taylor is simply just standing next to them now. Now all she needs to do is stay true to herself and 60 years from now all these classic rock radio stations will be playing Taylor's Country Rock songs.

Signalstar said:
Ps3 said:
Signalstar said:
At giving head probably.

Um because she's a female? I think not. She has so much talent. Read her lyrics and come back to this thread.

Mummelmann said:
I wholeheartedly disagree.

That's 100% okay! But can you back up why? I'm just curious as to why you would think that.

RageBot said:
If that's not trolling, than you're the person with the worst music taste I have ever seen.

I never thought it was logically fathomable that someone will say that shitty pop lyrics will be better than Bob Dylan's, who pepole still make covers of his songs 50+ years after they've been written.

No, I'm not trolling. Just because I prefer Taylor doesn't make it trolling. That's so unreal to even say! Um, Taylor is not pop, she is Country and it's not shitty. Talk to all her Grammy awards. Pretty soon he'll be covering Taylor's songs because I can't blame him for wanting to cover such artistic work.

Wow that's so sexist! I'm sure there are plenty of guys that give great head out there.

And as to her lyrics "She's cheer captain and I'm on the bleachers" -riveting. I am absolutely sure that Taylor Swift, the girl that poses for magazines and advertises lipstick is the type of shy quiet girl that always gets passed over by cheerleaders.

Actually it's not because you were talking about Taylor and it was a very sexist remark.

Is that the only song you know by her? That's her most mainstream song ever! Listen to her other songs deep within her album that weren't mainstream singles, because there are some golden tunes on there. Overall, White Horse totally reminds me of a female John Lennon.

What are you talking about. It had nothing to do with her being female but with her having nice full lips. Have you ever seen Bob Dylan? He has like a pigeon beak. Pigeon's can't give good head. That would be ridiculous.

But this thread is about a female who can be argued being better than Bob Dylan, and you said she was better as doing *BLAH BLAH* Who else would have you been talking about then? You're not making any sense right now. Please rephrase your original post.

OMG that is so weird! I was about to post the same exact thing to you. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

ROFL gotta love this joke thread, I nearly almost fell for it. Anyways thanks for giving me a good laugh after such a weekend for me hehe.

Make games, not war (that goes for ridiculous fanboys)

I may be the next Maelstorm or not, you be the judge http://videogamesgrow.blogspot.com/  hopefully I can be more of an asset than a fanboy to VGC hehe.

Around the Network
Ps3 said:

Her lyrics ultimately crush Bob's and her guitar skills are way more soothing. His style is so old and dated, her's is current and fresh, but at the same time Taylor could have had huge hits back in the 1970s. When Bob is put against Taylor he is just okay! His singing is just okay compared to Taylor's, and he has nothing on her. I know he is a musical legend and all, but we know Taylor's skills are taking her above and beyond the legends in the rock and roll hall of fame. I feel bad for people like Bob who are getting shown up by this girl.

I didn't know that Bob Dylan was in direct contest with Taylor Swift.  Thanks for informing me.

Stop using this forum as your blog!

Pixel Art can be fun.

I only agree because I dislike bob dylan...

PullusPardus said:
Ps3 said:

And all this time you are trying to prove how much you love Taylor Swift

and nobody gives a damn about your opinion, so after years of trying to convince us how good she is, and with nobody agreeing with you, i think its time to stop posting on here and find a Taylor Swift fan site for you to waste your time on.

It doesn't matter if you don't think Taylor is talented or not because it's a fact that she is. Talk to all her Grammy awardsssssssss. :)

mjk45 said:
Bob Dylan has influenced Folk ,Country, Rock and Roll, Rhythm and Blues ,Gospel and basically created folk rock , sold more than 70 million albums,Stevie Wonder a called him Americas greatest living songwriter this isn't having a go at Taylor Swift it just you have no sense of musical history it seems like you have to put her on to high a pedestal

yes she's talented but you can't compare her to one of Americas greatest songwriters and be thought of as legitimate.

At lease you can admit she's talented. Thank you. :) I just know the way her career is still going that 10 years from now people will still be singing her songs.

demonfox13 said:
ROFL gotta love this joke thread, I nearly almost fell for it. Anyways thanks for giving me a good laugh after such a weekend for me hehe.

It's not a joke. Stop being a bigot.

SmokedHostage said:

Ps3 said:

Her lyrics ultimately crush Bob's and her guitar skills are way more soothing. His style is so old and dated, her's is current and fresh, but at the same time Taylor could have had huge hits back in the 1970s. When Bob is put against Taylor he is just okay! His singing is just okay compared to Taylor's, and he has nothing on her. I know he is a musical legend and all, but we know Taylor's skills are taking her above and beyond the legends in the rock and roll hall of fame. I feel bad for people like Bob who are getting shown up by this girl.

I didn't know that Bob Dylan was in direct contest with Taylor Swift.  Thanks for informing me.

Stop using this forum as your blog!

She's in competition with everyone because she is walking all over the greats and getting to the top.

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

What's up with all of these off-topic posts by this guy? Trying to get your rank up?

Cirio said:
What's up with all of these off-topic posts by this guy? Trying to get your rank up?

Please explain to me how this is off topic? This is the music section.

TheEvilBanana said:
I only agree because I dislike bob dylan...

Oh totally! I think he's talented as hell, but next to Taylor he is just okay!