By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What The PS3's library would need to be ATLEAST comparable to the ps2's

Acevil said:
Xxain said:
This thread really opens my eyes futher to how little PS3 has accomplish in being anywhere near its Godly predecessor

Well in the JRPG department, ya really, no one near it and will never be near it. Other genres are pretty well covered. I miss Game Arts....:(

I wanna punch Game Arts they've bern M.I.A the whole gen... basically Grunt Workers.

Around the Network
Xxain said:
Acevil said:
Xxain said:
This thread really opens my eyes futher to how little PS3 has accomplish in being anywhere near its Godly predecessor

Well in the JRPG department, ya really, no one near it and will never be near it. Other genres are pretty well covered. I miss Game Arts....:(

I wanna punch Game Arts they've bern M.I.A the whole gen... basically Grunt Workers.

Helped Smash Bros, but besides that MIA. 

Valid arguments, but no point in this thread, it doesn't stand anything close to a chance of overcoming the greatest console there is and will ever be.

It cant happen, but like others have said it does not need too.

Just give me more RPGs. Whether they are collections, remakes, new ones, I really dont care at this point.

Erm what ?
PS3 library is already at the level of ps2.

Making a list of ps2 franchises and expecting to have a part in every one of them is beyond rediculus and completly excludes new IPs that were added this generation.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network
Acevil said:
brendude13 said:
Squall_Leonhart said:
It needs a Final Fantasy game that isn't linear and actually allows you to control all the damn characters in the battles!! Something along the lines of X would be nice

@ Bolded

Contradiction there ;)

I wanted to say something, but I didn't. Final Fantasy X was considered the most linear before XIII came on the scene. Just that Final Fantasy X did a better job of covering up the linearity with few select dungeons. 

From what I have played of FFX so far (fighting with Yunalesca), I find it far more constrictive than FFXIII, the slower pace doesn't help either.

I've heard that you get an airship at the end of the game, I guess that makes up for it.

Xxain said:
The RPG section is pitiful :(

Xenogears wasnt a PS2, neither was Chrono Cross or Vagrant story ... unless you mean sequels? but that would make any sense either because they never got sequels on PS2

yea i just threw in a couple of ps1 game's just for the heck of it =P

Xxain said:

YOU'VE BEEN BLINDED THIS WHOLE TIME!?! -_-

enditall727 said:
Xxain said:

YOU'VE BEEN BLINDED THIS WHOLE TIME!?! -_-

oh no no.. I am avid speaker of my dissatisfaction with PS3 and this Gen in general... it's just lookin at hard evidence is reassuring

PS3 needs more RPG's and good Action games. At least the fighting genre is good on it.