By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What The PS3's library would need to be ATLEAST comparable to the ps2's

Ssenkahdavic said:
It cant happen, but like others have said it does not need too.

Just give me more RPGs. Whether they are collections, remakes, new ones, I really dont care at this point.

NO NO NO

NO REMAKE'S lol

we need NEW GAME'S!

i want to play NEW GAME'S not old game remake's

we need new experience's not old 1's

but then again nothing is wrong with having A FEW remake's and collection's

i would gladly purchase dark cloud collection, kingdom heart's collection and a few other's

Around the Network

It needs some quality JRPGs to be honest.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Zlejedi said:
Erm what ?
PS3 library is already at the level of ps2.

Making a list of ps2 franchises and expecting to have a part in every one of them is beyond rediculus and completly excludes new IPs that were added this generation.

i felt that their was no need to mention new ip's because sony has that category DOWN PACKED!!

aswell the 3rd party dev's

Xxain said:
btw .Hack was announced for PS3

really?!

do you have any link's?

The Ps3 has provided me with more amusement years ago then my ps2. I feel sorry for the people that can't embrace the great games that are made now.

Around the Network
enditall727 said:
Xen said:
Valid arguments, but no point in this thread, it doesn't stand anything close to a chance of overcoming the greatest console there is and will ever be.

i never said it had to "overcome" the ps2. i said "ATLEAST comparable"

My bad. Bad reading skills from me.

(it will never be close to comparable)

non-gravity said:
Hell I could ask for more Simulation and Strategy game on PC, like you guys here are asking for JRPGs, but the thing is their genres have just gone downhill and less of them are being made.

no this is not true

their is no big presence of jrpg's on ps3 because the jrpg dev's jumped to the handheld's when this gen began

CGI-Quality said:
Zlejedi said:
Erm what ?
PS3 library is already at the level of ps2.

Making a list of ps2 franchises and expecting to have a part in every one of them is beyond rediculus and completly excludes new IPs that were added this generation.

I agree here. The PS2's library was fantastic, not doubt about it, but for me (and many others), the PS3 is already ahead. Outside of JRPGs, it's got nearly every crucial genre covered. It isn't "being an Xbox" at all (although it's 3rd party library is shared with the 360 - not 100% a fault of Sony though).

All the PS3's library needs is a larger amount of JRPGs, but doesn't need to be like the PS2's library at all.

well said :)

enditall727 said:
non-gravity said:
Hell I could ask for more Simulation and Strategy game on PC, like you guys here are asking for JRPGs, but the thing is their genres have just gone downhill and less of them are being made.

no this is not true

their is no big presence of jrpg's on ps3 because the jrpg dev's jumped to the handheld's when this gen began

Of course they did because the only big market for JRPGs is Japan itself and Japan buys mostly portables now. They go where the profit is.

Xen said:
enditall727 said:
Xen said:
Valid arguments, but no point in this thread, it doesn't stand anything close to a chance of overcoming the greatest console there is and will ever be.

i never said it had to "overcome" the ps2. i said "ATLEAST comparable"

My bad. Bad reading skills from me.

(it will never be close to comparable)

the only reason i would say this is true would be due to ps3's jrpg library