By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What exactly is considered to be 'Milking'?

A sequel or use of a character regarding a series you don't like.

Around the Network
rf40928 said:
brendude13 said:
Jay520 said:

I wouldn't consider ODST to be a full-fledged title, but for the sake of the argument, let's say it is. That makes 3 Halos so far with another releasing next year. That makes 4 releases this gen.

As for 343 studious and their future with Halo. They are pretty experienced with the IP. They've been working with Bungie on Halo for over four years and there've been some ex-Bungie devs who went to 343. I think they'll do fine. But if they fail, then yes you could call Halo milked

The second & third paragraph is subjective. I would say four Halos/Uncharteds/AC this gen wouldn't constitute them being milked, nor would it cause a tarnish in quality, especially when consider the length of this generation. But that's my opinion.

"I wouldn't consider ODST to be a full-fledged title"

It was priced like one, just like Halo Wars was and Halo Anniversary will be.

As for Uncharted, I couldn't take a fourth one, I hope they keep it as a trilogy.

Gaming for me is a lot like eating, although I love it, it is possible to have too much. I can be comfortably full, bloated, or I have too much and throw up. If the food isn't that great then I end up losing my appetite as well.

Actually you're wrong.. Halo CE:A is  set to be priced at 39.99.. not the full price of 59.99... Cuz the games 'Campaign' engine was not changed.. it was kept because long time fans dont want the gameplay to change.. they only wanted 2011 graphics.. so the campaign is only different in that it has modern graphics... The only part of the game with both a new engine and graphics is the Online Multi-player part..  The Halo CE:A will come with 2 DVD's... one with the Campaign and one for multiplayer online gamingw/ new maps from Halo CE and all maps from Reach I beleive..

AS I said 39.99 or less ..  http://www.amazon.com/Halo-Combat-Evolved-Anniversary-Xbox-360/dp/B0050SYY5E

In England it is price at 29.99, not far off the basic RRP of most games, it's the same price point as all the HD collections.

Anyway, I might actually pick it up, I was going to start on Halo 3 but I thought I would need to experience the first...first.

trasharmdsister12 said:
brendude13 said:

In England it is price at 29.99, not far off the basic RRP of most games, it's the same price point as all the HD collections.

Anyway, I might actually pick it up, I was going to start on Halo 3 but I thought I would need to experience the first...first.

If you want to start from the beginning and haven't played Reach I'd recommend playing Reach before CEA. The original Halo actually begins right at the last scene of Reach. The original Halo campaign is by far the best in the series IMO. I still play it about once every year. The Library on legendary just never gets old for me, despite everyone hating that level's "guts".

Okay, that sounds good. What about Halo 2, am I missing out on anything there?

brendude13 said:
rf40928 said:
brendude13 said:
Jay520 said:

I wouldn't consider ODST to be a full-fledged title, but for the sake of the argument, let's say it is. That makes 3 Halos so far with another releasing next year. That makes 4 releases this gen.

As for 343 studious and their future with Halo. They are pretty experienced with the IP. They've been working with Bungie on Halo for over four years and there've been some ex-Bungie devs who went to 343. I think they'll do fine. But if they fail, then yes you could call Halo milked

The second & third paragraph is subjective. I would say four Halos/Uncharteds/AC this gen wouldn't constitute them being milked, nor would it cause a tarnish in quality, especially when consider the length of this generation. But that's my opinion.

"I wouldn't consider ODST to be a full-fledged title"

It was priced like one, just like Halo Wars was and Halo Anniversary will be.

As for Uncharted, I couldn't take a fourth one, I hope they keep it as a trilogy.

Gaming for me is a lot like eating, although I love it, it is possible to have too much. I can be comfortably full, bloated, or I have too much and throw up. If the food isn't that great then I end up losing my appetite as well.

Actually you're wrong.. Halo CE:A is  set to be priced at 39.99.. not the full price of 59.99... Cuz the games 'Campaign' engine was not changed.. it was kept because long time fans dont want the gameplay to change.. they only wanted 2011 graphics.. so the campaign is only different in that it has modern graphics... The only part of the game with both a new engine and graphics is the Online Multi-player part..  The Halo CE:A will come with 2 DVD's... one with the Campaign and one for multiplayer online gamingw/ new maps from Halo CE and all maps from Reach I beleive..

AS I said 39.99 or less ..  http://www.amazon.com/Halo-Combat-Evolved-Anniversary-Xbox-360/dp/B0050SYY5E

If its only 29.99 in England thats cheap, especially if you're using the Euro..

rf40928 said:
brendude13 said:

I can pre-order most upcoming games for 34.99, so not really.

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
rf40928 said:
brendude13 said:

I can pre-order most upcoming games for 34.99, so not really.

You dont get it.. Since the euro ( And the british pound ) are worth more then most of the worlds money dollar for dollar .. you may be paying LESS for any game compared to the rest of the world... They are selling Halo CE in most of the world cheaper then the typical price... In America a typical game is 59.99.. thus Halo CE Anniversary is  20 dollars cheaper then a typical game release... a decent markdown..

If you're from that area according to what im seeing you should still  save a fair amount ... Microsoft has confirmed to VideoGamer.com that Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary will hit the UK with an Estimated Retail Price of £34.99, some £15 cheaper than the average Xbox 360 release....but you also have to realise compared to most of the world people in that area are already getting a better value - since the money is worth more it goes further in every aspect -  how much food you can buy, etc... .. Understand now ?