By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First week predictions for MGS4 in Japan, NA and Others.

After checking the sales number on previous games I've changed my numbers.

NA:        200K
Others: 250K
Japan:   400K

total :    850K

Around the Network

Japan: 375k
Europe: 475k
Americas: 300k

Total: 1.15m

N.B. I believe there will be a bundle in Europe at launch, not necessarily with MGS 4 but it will boost sales

Munkeh111 said:
Japan: 375k
Europe: 475k
Americas: 300k

Total: 1.15m

N.B. I believe there will be a bundle in Europe at launch, not necessarily with MGS 4 but it will boost sales

I think your prediction is the one I now most agree with, but I think NA will be closer to 250k.

Hmmm, Im gonna go with like:

EU: 420.000

JP: 310.000

US: 288.000

Or something like that. I can alsmot feel that it will perform less in the states than the rest of the world.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

How about hardware boosts in the three regions on the week MGS4 hits? Anyone any ideas?

Ynwa.

Around the Network

NA: 300 k - 400 K
Japan: 250 K - 300 K
Others: 400 - 500 K

So about 950 K - 1200 K Day one
Lifetime : 3 million - 6 million

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

But sony has to do a lot of advertising.

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

@outlawauron : I'm not much confident on my prediction since the game may not be released in months and we don't know at all how good it will be. But the PSP version sold less than that, though being hyped and with a much larger userbase. So I don't think my prediction is bad.

EU: 500k
JP: 100k
NA: 500k

total: 1.1M

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

@ kuraobi

The PSP version was not hyped. There were no commercials for it, or anything like that. Also, you see the sales every week, the PSP moves practically no softwar. Everyone using the PSP version as their base for the sales numbers needs to remember how little software the system sells, and how little MGS: PO was advertised. Sony's going (And already has started) to advertise the heck out of this game, everyone will know about this game before it comes out.