By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First week predictions for MGS4 in Japan, NA and Others.

200k Japan
500k Europe
300k NA

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network

Japan - 190k
NA - 410k
EU - 430k

Ynwa.

NA 250k

EU 330k

JP 215k

total:795k

Ps3 version

NA: 250K

Japan: 250K

Europe: 400K

Total: 900k

X360 version

NA : 500k

Japan : 100k~

Europe : 325k

Total : 925k

What? What did I do?

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

I am surprised it took that long for a xbox 360 prediction to come up. Anyway it would never sell nearly a million on an xbox in one week. Even if it was released at the same time as the PS3 version.

Around the Network
tombi123 said:
I am surprised it took that long for a xbox 360 prediction to come up. Anyway it would never sell nearly a million on an xbox in one week. Even if it was released at the same time as the PS3 version.

i know i know, i just wanted to cause some uproar =P

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

the topic creator's prediction seemed like the most logical one, so I second that

Ps3 version

NA: 275K

Japan: 125K

Europe: 350K

Total: 750k

Wow tough call as I really don't know much about the sales of the MGS series, but looking back at past sales of the game I can make a pretty good guess. Important things to note is that this is a huge hyped and marketed exclusive for the PS3, meaning this will almost certain give it larger launch sales, and better legs down the road. So it should sell really well considering that. Not to mention have to take into account region wise. In Japan popularity has gone down for it, but with the hype might cancel that out. But also PS3 hardware sales there are well pathetic, sol possibly not good. In America and Europe, sales for the series is usually exactly the same.

So here's my prediction for first week by territory:

NA: 400k
E/O: 400k
Japan: 150k

Total 1st Week: 950k

And I expect in its lifetime to do around 4-5 million, if PS3 sales do as well as I think they will.

My prediction :
NA : 90K
Europe : 120K
Japan : 120K

Total 1st Week : 330K
LTD sales : about 1,3M.