By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First week predictions for MGS4 in Japan, NA and Others.

damnit Neo, i cant stand your constant beating of MGS4 on the 360, your other posts generally make me cringe, but god damn if there isnt a part of me that just wants to buy you a drink and talk about nin and Mr. Rezner

Euro: 450k

States: 250k

Japan: 150k

Total: 850k

I might change based on when released and how much they market it as well....but i wont expect anything earth shattering.

Around the Network

If they get lucky it reaches 1 million in a week. I think it will depend largely on what comes out on the other platforms. It might yet be caught by some new hype storm from the Microsoft camp - man they are GOOD at hype.

If the game is every bit as good as promised it could possibly push 4 million LTD but no higher unless something radical happens to PS3 sales.

dlundh

Fair and Balanced - Casual Gamer Extraordinaire

First of, people (PS3 fans) keep saying that when MGS4 and FFXIII come out PS3 will triumph...

1) Mgs isn't that big of a franchise in Japan, which is already Nintendo Pacman.

2) FFXIII has BIG 1st week sales combined with good hardware sales for the system it is on (PS3).

3) Mgs 4 can't sell more then 500k in its launchweek in Europe and America because of the PS3's userbase!

Honestely, i don't expect it to do around 350k in America first week and 170k in Europe. Mario Galaxy managed 600k USA and a little over 200k for Europe... And that is CERTAINLY a game that will end up with the higher attach-ratio. As such, it will have better legs and better launchsales in Europe, America AND Japan!

Mgs will be a millionseller but i think it will follow around the same path (total sales wise) of Metroid Prime 3. 

THE NETHERLANDS

I think it will be 12 millions PS3 sold in June (if MGS4 is released in June ^^ )

I don't know if it's the case in North America , but the game is very expecteed in Europe ! So my numbers are :

Europe : 400 k
Japon : 150 k
NA : 150k-300k

Total : 700k-850k

And Sony said it would be a pack in Europe , so I think the game will be sold 4 millions at the end of it life