By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rule: No Videos, Unoboxings, Reviews, official threads, or general sharing of your experience with Xenoblade till America has it.

Honestly, I am a little disappointed so far in the gameplay. I don't find the game nearly as interesting as I thought I would. It has a very gimmicky feeling battle system, like FF13 and FF12 had, which I am already tiring of after mere hours; I always feel like RPGs would be better off just sticking with a regular battle system and not do these weird feeling ones that end up being more annoying than already existing ones. While I am not overly a fan of FF10, it is the style of battle system that I wish RPGs like this one would use. Xenoblade also feels very big and sparse as well. Still probably the best RPG on console since Dragon Quest 8 or Xenosaga Episode 3, but there are quite a few handheld RPGs I would take over it.

The graphics are better than I thought they would be though.

Maybe over time I will warm up to the game, afterall, some of my favourite RPGs ever I was not thrilled with on initial playthroughs.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:

Honestly, I am a little disappointed so far in the gameplay. I don't find the game nearly as interesting as I thought I would. It has a very gimmicky feeling battle system, like FF13 and FF12 had, which I am already tiring of after mere hours; I always feel like RPGs would be better off just sticking with a regular battle system and not do these weird feeling ones that end up being more annoying than already existing ones. While I am not overly a fan of FF10, it is the style of battle system that I wish RPGs like this one would use. Xenoblade also feels very big and sparse as well. Still probably the best RPG on console since Dragon Quest 8 or Xenosaga Episode 3, but there are quite a few handheld RPGs I would take over it.

Maybe over time I will warm up to the game, afterall, some of my favourite RPGs ever I was not thrilled with on initial playthroughs.

If you have a problem with the combat then it just means you are not good enough with it yet =P It's much faster paced like MMORPGs with cool downs and whatnot, even when I played the JP version, I immediately knew that it's closer to MMORPG controls with tweaks that fit well into the game design.

dahuman said:
Jumpin said:

If you have a problem with the combat then it just means you are not good enough with it yet =P It's much faster paced like MMORPGs with cool downs and whatnot, even when I played the JP version, I immediately knew that it's closer to MMORPG controls with tweaks that fit well into the game design.

I agree here. Give it a bit of time and you'll find when things get a bit hectic, that's when it gets real good :)

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

TomaTito said:

I wasn't considering this game, but I might buy it just because I can.

To retaliate, the OP could buy something in America that you can't buy.

What games that's released in NA and not in EU? Nothing? Oh....

Galaki said:
TomaTito said:

For the Wii, there is Trauma Team, Mario Baseball and Excitebots.  I can name many more for other platforms if you want.

Around the Network
MrT-Tar said:
Galaki said:
TomaTito said:

For the Wii, there is Trauma Team, Mario Baseball and Excitebots.  I can name many more for other platforms if you want.

I got Excitebots. INYOURFACE TomaTito!

can we interpret lots of tears as a success for operation rainfall?

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Galaki said:
MrT-Tar said:
Galaki said:
TomaTito said:

I got Excitebots. INYOURFACE TomaTito!

If you could read my sig, Trauma Team would have been a better choice.
But it doesn't matter, because I can buy those too if I really wanted to.
Amazon.com is just a few clicks away - if I can import, so can Americans.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

gumby_trucker said:
Mad55 said:
Well im american and I have it. lolz by way of internet download service. Anyway even if I didnt i would want people to tell me about it.

You pirated the game!?

Dude... that's just wrong. I'm American too and I'm patiently waiting for my copy to arrive in the mail.

OT: I think this trailer is more appropriate

Man I kinda did.

Mad55 said:

Man I kinda did.

Well seeing as you are enjoying the game, would you at least support the developer by purchasing a copy now?

You do want them to continue making awesome games, don't you?

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club