By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why aren't Sony exclusives/software selling anywhere close to Xbox360?

rf40928 said:
kickazz113 said:
rf40928 said:
kickazz113 said:
LordMatrix said:
RolStoppable said:
Mainly because Sony's lineup is built on diversity while Microsoft chooses to brainwash people with their marketing.

LOL Yeah keep telling yourself that. Microsoft`s exlusives are just more popular usually. Most Xbox exclusives have a much larger community attached to them. If you enjoy online play you likely are an Xbox gamer.  Gears, Halo & Forza are some big one`s that come to mind but when even games like Fable use online features in unique ways can you really blame users for flocking to them?

loloolol the only popular game xbox got is halo so all u saying is wrong. and really??? last time i checked no one even go on forza

The proof is here at this webiste... look at games that really matter.. the ones that really sell.. those are the top 10 games each year on each console.. the top 10 games are the ones that sell.. Top ten 360 games OWN Top ten PS3... MAny of the top 10 games on each console and multiplatform.. LIKE COD... Ilike Fanboys like you say Halo is all 360 has.. but Halo sold as many copies  as COD on PS3 ( and COD was PS3's best seller !) ..The same  COD on 360  sold millions more then COD on PS3... Anyone looking at the top 10 cant deny the numbers dont lie

im talking about exclusive, dude if you xbox fanboys dont understand then dont bother to reply the only popular exclusive is halo, see?? other xbox EXCLUSIVE dont sell as much as u xbox fanboy said

thats funny.. Gears of War is another 360 exclusive that outsold most Sony exclusives..  Does it matter that much if Sony software sales are in lastplace..

nope gt 5 outsold gear of war and mgs 5 sold pretty much the same as gear, stop being ignorance and hate to burst ur bubble ps3 has larger userbase

Around the Network

Because MS doesn't make enough games to beable to sell enough games to beable to get on the top 5

http://maxnintendo.wordpress.com/2011/08/15/bestselling-publishers-of-2011-so-far/

Obviously Sony has nothing as big as Halo this generation, but otherwise the numbers stack up well. And the PS3 has a lot more exclusives in the 1-5 million range.

MS:
11.3m Halo 3
8.60m Halo: Reach
6.11m Gears of War
6.05m Gears of War 2
5.89m Halo: ODST
4.90m Forza 3
4.02m Forza 2
3.98m Fable 2
3.15m Fable 3
2.35m Mass Effect
2.09 Halo Wars
1.97m PGR4
1.80m Splinter Cell Conviction
1.67m Crackdown
1.58m Viva Pinata

Sony:
6.42m Gran Turismo 5
5.25m Metal Gear Solid 4
4.73m Uncharted 2
4.46m LittleBigPlanet
4.11m GT5 Prologue
3.97m God of War III
3.83m Resistance
3.67m Uncharted
3.59 m Motorstorm
2.67m Killzone 2
2.25m God of War Collection
2.18m Ratchet ToD
2.14m Resistance 2
2.01m inFamous
1.79m Heavy Rain
1.77m Killzone 3
1.48m Heavenly Sword
1.46m LittleBigPlanet 2
1.39m Ratchet ACIT
1.23m Demon's Souls
1.16m MAG
1.08m SOCOM Confrontation
1.08m Motorstom 2
1m Valkyria Chronicles

kickazz113 said:
Michael-5 said:

ur pretty hardcore huh?????? well since ps3 has more userbase so i dont care which sold more sw, PS why dont you get off vgchartz since all you do is arguing with ppl        

Every time I see you on a forum you are budding into someone elses debate. I merely corrected snakenobi when he said PS3 software sales is higher then 360, when it isn't and showed him how the trends he thought indicated a migration of users to PS3 is actually the other way.

I argue for PS3 and Nintendo too, just people love to rip on Microsoft here. Why don't you consider leaving VGC?

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

snakenobi said:
Michael-5 said:
snakenobi said:
Michael-5 said:

But things haven't been changing. 360 has always outsold PS3 in the holiday season, and the ratio of sales has been steady. PS3 actually had it's strongest fall in 2009, and gotten weaker compared to the 360 since.

who said it hasn't?

Who said it has? There is no indication of change, and no one is claiming that 360 won't sell more software during the holidays (except you).

You can't claim PS3 software is greater when trends say otherwise.

it has only been improving over the years

But I showed you that is hasn't. Where do you see evidence that it's improving?

This is just complete ignorance. I can easily name dozens of quality 360 exclusives that aren't Halo, Forza or Gears. Too Human, Lost Odyssey, Halo Wars, Tales of Vesperia, Alan Wake, Splinter Cell Conviction, Dance Central, Fable, Project Gotham Racing, Mass Effect, Crackdown, Blue Dragon, Test Drive Unlimited, etc etc.

I could just as easily say PS3 is all MGS, GT, GoW, LBP, and Uncharted because no other PS3 franchises sell well. 

lost odessy was pretty good - BEST JRPG this gen, higher metascore then Final Fantasy

halo wars was halo related - Different game entirely

tales of vesperia is on ps3 too - Never released in EMEAA or Americas, still 360 exclusive for just about anyone on this website.

PGR was always second fiddle to forza which MS recognized and shut it up - Play PGR before you say this BS. PGR was an arcade racer, Forza was Simulator, they aren't the same genre. Or are you living in 1995?

too human was shit. - You never played it. Every single person who I have talked to who has actually played this game loved it.

crackdown,test drive,blue dragon are you kidding? this isn't a naming game you know - These are sick franchises. I don't rip on Ratchet, LBP or InFamous, how can you rip on these?

yes PS3 is MGS,UNCHARTED,gow,infamous,lbp,gt which is far more than GEARS,HALO,FORZA.

WOW..... you really need to play 360. I actually own all 3 consoles, and have played these games. Stop judging games before you play them.

What about Kinect Sports? Dance Central, Mass Effect? Just because you have personal preference, doesn't mean the rest of the world shares it with you.

Maybe people just aren't interested in Killzone and Resistance? Maybe they just suck? Gears and Halo typically get 9-9.5 metascores, and 9.5/10 or higher ratings on credible websites. Killzone 3 is an 84/100 metascore, and Resistance is 86/87 respectivly.

dude,why be so delusional?

PS3 just isn't a shooter focused,u know it

You just ignored Fable, PGR, Lost Odyssey, Dance Central, Mass Effect, and Tales of among other franchises. Are you delusional? It obviously makes sense for better rated shooters to sell better. If PS3 isn't as shooter focused, why do Call of Duty, Battlefield, and Resident Evil sell well? Why is it just that Resistance and Killzone don't?

After all Uncharted 2 and MGS4 sold decently well and they are the only PS3 exclusive shooters with a decent rating. 

MGS4 isn't a shooter,it has shooting elements but mainly its an experience.even UC2 is more of action adventure

It's an experience? I wonder what genre websites label it as. It's far more story focused, like Uncharted, but they are both 3PS by gameplay.

Stop changing the subject.We are talking about software. You claimed the ratio between CoD titles is decreasing for 360, but I just showed you that per console 360 is selling more software then PS3 with each installment.

when did i change the subject,u are the one going offtopic all the time.

yeah but PS3 is also sellign more software

But it's not? Can't you just look at figures?

COD will always be a bit bigger on 360 than PS3 given the fanbase choice.

I'm sure that's the only reason.

Not only is this true for Call of Duty, but for every major non sports franchise (FIFA is slightly growing on PS3, Madden is even).

don't even talk about Madden and FIFA,they are location fan based titles

Hence I excluded them. ALL MAJOR NON SPORTS FRANCHISES, sell more software per console owner then PS3 versions.

This only disproves any arguement you have of PS3 having greater software because of market trends, since the market trends actually work against you.

what trends,please list them out.360 barely outsold PS3 total SW last year where PS3 had a bigger lead the previous year

Percentage wise, the lead is smaller, but per console owner, it is growing. Just look at the data, and do a little math, I've done enough for you.

Individual franchises are seeing higher software sales on the 360 then PS3 and the ratio is growing,

we aren't talking about individual SW,COD mention was just one of the indications thats all.don't mix it with total SW talk

Total software AND individual franchises are both showing this pattern.

and 360 software always increases over the fall term. PS3 is only 3% ahead this year, it's been furthur ahead before, and still lost at the years end.

PS3 was further before but it lost by lesser than the year before which is what i'm talkign about

Yea, but that makes sense. The PS3-360 sales gap is holding around 4 million. If both consoles sell 12 million in a given year, that gap percentage wise is smaller. However if we take the number of software sales, divide by total hardware, you will see that 360 software is higher per console owner and has been growing the last year, and longer.

This is the whole principle of the debate, you were wrong, and that is the end of it.

its funny how you are trying to run away and always leave this last line of this sort

I don't want to debate with you. You bring nothing to the table, and think your right, then you tell me that I don't understand the market, when you are applying grade school type trend patterns which don't represent anything accuratly.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Around the Network
snakenobi said:
kickazz113 said:
snakenobi said:

This is the whole principle of the debate, you were wrong, and that is the end of it." lol  he probablly ran out of idea lying since he know ps3 sw sold better :P

yeah this guy goes offtopic so much and has big problem in understanding the meaning of what the other person says.he picks out details and starts his own debate on it.

I am replying to every comment you make, you are the one selecting bits. Please stop trying to demean me. If you can't make an arguement, you have only yourself to blaime.

kickazz113 said:

"This is just complete ignorance. I can easily name dozens of quality 360 exclusives that aren't Halo, Forza or Gears. Too Human, Lost Odyssey, Halo Wars, Tales of Vesperia, Alan Wake, Splinter Cell Conviction, Dance Central, Fable, Project Gotham Racing, Mass Effect, Crackdown, Blue Dragon, Test Drive Unlimited, etc etc" Micheal-5 8/19/11.        wow really??? blue gragon?? crackdown???? you call these quality ?????? most these game you named sold like crap and wtf is two human ????? seriously you are either casual gamer or you just doesnt know what is the defination of the word quality

Blue Dragon is an RPG made by the guy who created Final Fantasy. Literally the guy who defined JRPG's made his own company and made this game. Play it before you insult it.

Too Human is a game made by Silicon Knights. Look up Eternal Darkness on Gamecube, it's one of the best games made in that generation. Too human had some critical flaws (death sequences, repeated dialogue, etc), but beyond them this was a 9/10 game.

Crackdown doesn't get much lower ratings then InFamous. It's not as good, but it's still fun, especially multiplayer.

Major PS3 exclusives also RIPPED on despite being good too. White Knight Chronicles, Sports Champions, Heavenly Sword, MAG and SOCOM. These are Son exclusives down the list about as far as Blue Dragon in terms of sales an quality.

How can you omit games from one console, but not the other.

I'm done with this bias bull. You want to go blindly support one console over the other go ahead. PS3 and 360 are neck and neck in terms of sales and number of quality games. Anyone who disputes this is an idiot. All I wanted to do was correct Snakenobi when he said PS3 software > 360, when it isn't.

small44 said:
Beacause it's America and beside Gear of War and Halo Xbox360 exclusives don't do mouch better then PS3 exclusive.
Look at Alan wake it's sold hardly more then 1 millions and heavy rain close to 2 million this is unexpective for many people who said Alan Wake will outsell Heavy Rain.

Boah, for some people this never gets old, right?
Yes, Alan Wake did not sell too well. 1 million is not a disaster either, but 2 million would have been better and more deserved.

What about Fable? Both titles sold 4 million  on 360.
What about Forza? Both titles sold about 4 million on 360.
What about Dance Central? 3 million is likely.
What about Kinect Sports? 4 million easily.

But you can bring up Too Human and some JRPGs if you like to.

I am tired of this " OMG! Xbox only has Halo and Gears!!!!111" stuff when the Xbox 360 has one of the biggest libraries in history. I am not saying PS3 exclusives are not selling well. But somehow Sony was not able to create an IP as big as Gears or Halo. Gran Turismo is selling well, but if you look at it without fanboy goggles, GT5 and GT PSP were some of the most disappointing titles this generation. Delay after delay and the final result was just not as brilliant as it used to be. Now the last AAA GT game is 10 years old. GT5 is still a great game though, but not a showstopper. I think Sony makes some mistakes the way they handle their IPs. Marketing is only one point. Timing for example is another.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Michael-5 said:
snakenobi said:
kickazz113 said:
snakenobi said:

This is the whole principle of the debate, you were wrong, and that is the end of it." lol  he probablly ran out of idea lying since he know ps3 sw sold better :P

yeah this guy goes offtopic so much and has big problem in understanding the meaning of what the other person says.he picks out details and starts his own debate on it.

I am replying to every comment you make, you are the one selecting bits. Please stop trying to demean me. If you can't make an arguement, you have only yourself to blaime.

thats the problem that u never comprehend the meaning but nipick and don't understand what the other person tries to say

also you take argument as a game

worldlyfall said:
Mordred11 said:
This thread again?ok.

This happens mainly because there is more variety in Sony exclusives.There are loads of exlusives for pretty much every genre.Because of that,PS3's userbase rarely gives attention to one particular genre(FPS-COD),while on the 360's side it happens more often with gears of war,halo,COD games,making the console king of the FPS games.

And there's America.Games usually sale more in NA,and the 360 has a pretty huge lead over there.

Oh please the highest selling games on ps3 are COD games. 
"PS3's userbase rarely gives attention to one particular genre" LOL at your statment.

I said rarely..not never.And notice how I gave COD as an example.Please learn to read before you reply to me again..