By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can PS3 still win this generation and outsell Wii?

Please read thread before polling and this is just a prediction as of business strategies as of now

Yes,as far as current plans go 57 21.67%

No,as far as current plans go 125 47.53%

Yes,even if ninty changes... 14 5.32%

no,ninty will cause Sony to rethink 67 25.48%

Total:263

Talking of PS3 being even competitive was a far fetched idea back in the days when PS3 was launched.Everybody said PS3 will be extinct and SONY will go bankrupt.And that the Wii brand is way too strong.

They were all wrong,why?

because the business strategy matters big time to keep a system relvant and to grow it.Systems are great but you have to continue to revitalize the business and also keep the consumers interested.It has to be relevant in the soceity.

Wii sales are big but its difference has gone as the experiences became old and aren't unique anymore(not talking about franchises here but the novelty)

but they cut Wii's price has very low room for further price cuts to penetrate the purchasing piower as its already within reach,coupled with same experiences and less innovation.

whereas PS3 has been innovating and taking risk's,has alot of room for price-cuts,they still give consumers that feeling that something bigger and newer is coming and this is not it.They continue to be relevant with MOVE,to take others userbase.

Also the fact that Nintendo's business strategy didn't understand that the consumers expections and business enviorment will be the same,they need to understand that competiton will force changes.

Wii is becoming lesser relevant day by day,which bad ahead of a new console launch(WiiU),which the company needs to utilize on.So Nintendo will have to discontinue Wii when Wii U launches as it will become irrelevant towards the future of compete against the Wii U.This is the same that we see with DS and 3DS.

and the fact that SONY is sending a message that PS3 will overlap Wii U with its price still being so high.Same for 360.

The only way Nintendo will save Wii U is to bring big changes in Wii U liek it did with REVOLUTION to Wii in their business outlook which forces SONY and MS to rethink for next generationwhich will also cause the end of PS3 and 360 sooner otherwise Wii U is gonna be like dreamcast.

As of now PS3 and 360 will overlap atleast in the generational sense and PS3 will go over Wii in sales in 3-4 years time

Around the Network

Only if Nin stops production of the wii all together. And then its only if Sony supports ps3 as long as they did the Ps2.

But i dont see nin stopping all production of the wii.

So no

WhiteDevil said:
Only if Nin stops production of the wii all together. And then its only if Sony supports ps3 as long as they did the Ps2.

So no

nintendo will have to stop prodcution as they will be competing with themselves like 3DS vs DS is happening

and nintendo doesn't go with a long term buisiness plan like sony of overlapping each console,they make a console irrelevant before the next one comes out.

The Wii will be sticking around at least until 2013 and probably 2014, so I don't think so. Although it could be pretty close in the end, maybe within 5 million of the Wii.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Not with the Wii redesign and eventual reduction to USD 99

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network
snakenobi said:
WhiteDevil said:

So no

nintendo will have to stop prodcution as they will be competing with themselves like 3DS vs DS is happening

and nintendo doesn't go with a long term buisiness plan like sony of overlapping each console,they make a console irrelevant before the next one comes out.

When was the last this massively dominate console for Nintendo?  I feel that they will keep the Wii on the market till at least 2013. And in that time the Wii will still have a massive lead over PS3. 

This is just purely IMO but i cant see Nintendo stopping Ds or the Wii for a fairly long time just to atleast try and keep the momentum.

Not gonna happen unless they stop Wii production once WiiU releases.

pezus said:
Faxanadu said:

Wii didn't need a redesign so I doubt that will help much

I was talking about the price cut to USD 99. The redesign was a means for that.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Umm.. what?!

pezus said:
Faxanadu said:
pezus said:
Faxanadu said:

Wii didn't need a redesign so I doubt that will help much

I was talking about the price cut to USD 99. The redesign was a means for that.

Yeah, well, when will that happen?

Latest next year holiday season?