By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can PS3 still win this generation and outsell Wii?

Please read thread before polling and this is just a prediction as of business strategies as of now

Yes,as far as current plans go 57 21.67%

No,as far as current plans go 125 47.53%

Yes,even if ninty changes... 14 5.32%

no,ninty will cause Sony to rethink 67 25.48%

Total:263

Oh definitely. PS3 is has a 25-year plan so it's bound to sell around 150 million when all is said and done. There are not enough Mario-boys to keep Wii alive. PS3 will dominate this gen and Sony will buy Nintendo shortly after Wii U release because of low stock.

B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network

The PS3 will be the best selling console after the next generation starts, and will stay on the market the longest.
That's a given.

Immortal said:

I seriously don't get why some people are so stubbornly deluded. 

It's just natural. Get a large enough community, and some of the members are bound to be retarded.... or deluded as you put it. 

Not that I'm calling anyone here retarded, just explaining a natural phenomenon.

The ps3 can reach 100M units

mM

This thread has loads of LOL moments.

Wii U Nintendo Network ID, Borode

XBOX Live ID, Borode

Around the Network

3 years ago people laughed with you if you thought X360 would sell more than 50 million, people gave the PS3 a small chance of selling 50 million, the Wii would with ease reach 50% market share and would end this gen with +60% marketshare. HD developpers who were so stupid to make expensive games for the HD twins would almost all go bankrupt, the smart ones who make wii games would be doing incredible! Heck, check my sig for one of those great comments!

The PS3 selling more than Wii sounds stupid but who knows what the situation will be in 3 years....

yeah, when...

While I am of the opinion that PS3 won't pass Wii, the notion really isn't as outlandish as some people in this thread are making it out to be. Rol basically outlined the only real way that it could happen. The most optimistic scenario I can see for lifetime PS3 shipments is basically:

FY 2012: 16 million (66 million)
FY 2013: 13 million (79 million) Possible cut to $200
FY 2014: 9 million (88 million)
FY 2015: 9 million (97 million) Cut to $150
FY 2016: 5 million (102 million)
FY 2017: 2 million (104 million)

the end of FY 2017 would be 10 years and 4 months on the market. Although a Sony exec has stated that the '10 year plan' is only the minimal target. It could be on the market for another year or two after that. PS2 is going to end up being on the market for 13 or 14 years.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

yea sure if the expected fall in sale happens cause of new hardware.

Wii should be irrelevant next yr sales wise in comparison to PS360, and its successor.

even if Wii manages 8-10m that will be cannibalized by the 15m+ Sony will likely sell.

while it may take sometime but it will happen. maybe toping the Wii out in 2016(no estimates available at time of posting)

no, just no. its alright, its not gonna happen. Even IF it does by 2015 or even 14, this gen will be long over