By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Redesigned Wii coming this holiday! Update: Current Wii will be discontinued + photo

Tagged games:

kitler53 said:
a redesign that removes features .. who says nintendo doesn't ever copy sony.

lol you seem to have forgotten the GBA slot in DS

but whatever :P

people won’t care about the GC controllers not working on them if they haven’t already bought the Wii. GC had about 24m install base while the Wii has over 87m so anyone who cares about those games would have it already

I do not get why people who has a Wii are complaining about this :P

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

Nintendo of America:
Well North American folks, just saying to look up because this is ONE thing you do NOT want localized to North America.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/118/1188346p1.html

kitler53 said:
a redesign that removes features .. who says nintendo doesn't ever copy sony.

NOT FUNNY!!

...you stole my post!

*writes something about geohot hacking it to get it back*

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Faxanadu said:
Sounds good. Nintendo might be gearing up for a €99 Wii price next year.

more like $99 WW

At this point, does it really save money to remove the GC compatibility?

I'd say it was smarter to leave in that functionality. Allows more controller options and those controllers have high margins.

EDIt: ah looks like its for EU only.

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
It's been revealed that this console will not be compatible with GameCube games or accessories.

aw... not unexpected but still... still better then removing wi-fi.. ;)

Nintendo copies Sony for once.

Meant to be used horizontally instead of vertically? I didn't know the first one was meant to be one way or the other, it does have the foot pads. After about a month, I put mine horizontally because it fits so perfectly under my TV next to the TV base.

Shouldn't a redesign add something while slimming down? At least an ethernet port...

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Nintendogamer said:
Maybe stores will cut the price on current Wii's to clear out stocks.

I was at Target today and I saw that they had price cut the current Mario Kart Wii bundles to $134.  It's only $15 price cut but it did surprise me.  I was wondering why they had done this and now I know.

Guh, i made an ass out of myself in GamrFeed for this, i thought they were talking about the Wii U

"New Wii" is very confusing

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.