By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony price cuts - PS3 $249, PSP €99 (Europe)

KylieDog said:
The 360 250GB SKU is still cheaper than the cheapest PS3 in europe, I don't see how a price cut will help.

PS3 wad outselling 360 WW even before this price cut. This pricecut will only reinforce the WW gap on weekly sales and vut the LTD gap (unless MS cuts the price by 100$, which eventually, they will)

Around the Network

For Canadians who might be interested:

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/playstation-3-playstation-3-160gb-entertainment-system-98423/10175569.aspx?path=519748a82701749fede56c36b2458014en02

160GB + MGS4 + Remote control

Not bad.

great job sony

you just handed 2nd to MS

first you cut the price to early will wear off by time UC3 MW3 BF3 ect releases second you didnt even cut enough noone wants a $250 PS3 they want a $200 one, i mean gosh you striped the hell out of the damned thing no B/C, no touch sensitive buttons, only 2 usbs (MS gots like what 5?! where does sony want us to plug are camera in? in the front so the wire shows and looks all ugly) and now gone are the leds all thats left i think is just one tiny one for the power indicator and HDD.

i believe there going to get crushed by MS they will go to $150 and $250 near gears launch so things will be the same as they were last holiday season

Play Me

BHR-3 said:
great job sony

you just handed 2nd to MS

first you cut the price to early will wear off by time UC3 MW3 BF3 ect releases second you didnt even cut enough noone wants a $250 PS3 they want a $200 one, i mean gosh you striped the hell out of the damned thing no B/C, no touch sensitive buttons, only 2 usbs (MS gots like what 5?! where does sony want us to plug are camera in? in the front so the wire shows and looks all ugly) and now gone are the leds all thats left i think is just one tiny one for the power indicator and HDD.

i believe there going to get crushed by MS they will go to $150 and $250 near gears launch so things will be the same as they were last holiday season

I disagree. I think this price cut was sufficient. And perfectly timed too. Its not like wii, the PS3 will have the price cut effect for some time till Uncharted 3 releases. Uncharted 3 will give a boost to the PS3 in the US.

Also if 360 decreases its price the PS3 won't be affected at all. Both the consoles will sell a lot more than they were before. I am starting to think that MS might decrease 360's price by $100 or something, their prediction is looking almost impossible now. Or maybe they will drop the price of both kinect and the 360.

249? cool! another two years until the ps3 drops to $199...

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Around the Network

Why does the number one selling console ww need to cut at such a quiet time of the year? I think they'd have been better waiting until mid to end of September, mind you I still think the cut isn't enough give what MS will cut this year. Not surprised by the amount though, anyone thinking they could drop to $199 was mad imo.

it got 150$ price cut in Australia (now 350 instead of 499)

slowmo said:
Why does the number one selling console ww need to cut at such a quiet time of the year? I think they'd have been better waiting until mid to end of September, mind you I still think the cut isn't enough give what MS will cut this year. Not surprised by the amount though, anyone thinking they could drop to $199 was mad imo.

They could have but it would have meant them barely gaining profits per unit sold.  Right now they have caught up enough to the 360 that marketshare is largely irrelevent.  It's all about the profit. $250 before the American Madden / Sports / Holiday / Etc season is a smart move and puts it certainly within reach of most homes. It also allows them to maneuver down to $150 possibly by  Christmas 2012.

Nice Sony. As said before, as it wears off huge games are coming out. Advertise for once and this could be great. The $199 is going to be the game changer down the road.

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

Iveyboi said:
Nice Sony. As said before, as it wears off huge games are coming out. Advertise for once and this could be great. The $199 is going to be the game changer down the road.

Not as much as it could have been now.

Especially if it comes a year into the WiiU's existance and the 720 launch.