By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What does being athiest mean to you?

VXIII said:
vlad321 said:
VXIII said:
vlad321 said:

Or they just didn't end up being rational and mature enough to realize that the fairy tale they believe in is false.

You're still talking about religions while I'm talking about a totally different matter :)

Neither am I, but I guess you missed that point. Believing in ANYTHING is sign of immaturity and lack of rationality. Unless you believe that we don't know absoluitely jack shit to make bets on anything.

Oh wow !

I hope you're just pissed off , are you listening to yourself ?

You are not the one who determine that, The world isn't about you and what you believe , how is thinking otherwise immaturity? , we depend on believing in many things in our lives that are not solid facts , believing in the better future is what makes us work hard but , we don't know a better future is actually coming . Anyways there is no reason to continue this :)

It's not something I actually believe, it's something I'm rational enough to see since it's plainly obvious. The fact we don't know jack shit, not even a simple theory a la Big Bang, about anything that happens before a certain point in time is easily measureable and quatifiable (hence it's a FACT), and adopting beliefs based on not knowing shit is laughably irrational and immature.

I am assuming you pulled me being angry out of the same ass you pulled whatever belief you hold, both being laughable assumptions.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Around the Network
sapphi_snake said:
VXIII said:
oldschoolfool said:
VXIII said:
Believing is hard , it's a very deep and complicated idea , as if you can actually see God in everything around you, believing isn't some kind of choice you make.

Being atheist is like choosing the easy path, you are atheist because you can't really believe , that's how I see it

It's not choosing the easy path,it's called reality. I don't need to follow some religion are some pretend god to make myself feel better.

You don't need to follow anything to believe , I didn't mention any religions .

And what reality ? , it depends on how you choose to see reality , I can see many things around me that are too impressive and wonderful to exist without some kind of genius "mind" behind them.. DNA for example , it's like what happens in our lives.. it's impossible to achieve a great success or make a great thing by chance , you need to work hard to make it happen ... it's really simple to me .

It's actually not impossible at all. Is it probable? No. But possible? Definately. You also shouldn't view the world as an 'achievement' or a 'success'. No one created it, and for all we know, life can be a sort of cancer of the Universe.

We are not talking about a single thing that happened , we are talking about a precise and very complicated system , it is impossible for such a system to exist and last by a mere chance . The world exist therefor it's some kind of achievement that's how things works in our reality , never went home and found a new laptop by chance :p , anyway I think I made my thoughts clear and I'm not trying to convince anybody.

VXIII said:
sapphi_snake said:
VXIII said:
oldschoolfool said:
VXIII said:
Believing is hard , it's a very deep and complicated idea , as if you can actually see God in everything around you, believing isn't some kind of choice you make.

Being atheist is like choosing the easy path, you are atheist because you can't really believe , that's how I see it

It's not choosing the easy path,it's called reality. I don't need to follow some religion are some pretend god to make myself feel better.

And what reality ? , it depends on how you choose to see reality , I can see many things around me that are too impressive and wonderful to exist without some kind of genius "mind" behind them.. DNA for example , it's like what happens in our lives.. it's impossible to achieve a great success or make a great thing by chance , you need to work hard to make it happen ... it's really simple to me .

It's actually not impossible at all. Is it probable? No. But possible? Definately. You also shouldn't view the world as an 'achievement' or a 'success'. No one created it, and for all we know, life can be a sort of cancer of the Universe.

We are not talking about a single thing that happened , we are talking about a precis and very complicated system , it is impossible for such a system to exist and last by a mere chance . The world exist therefor it's some kind of achievement that's how things works in our reality , never went home and found a new laptop by chance :p , anyway I think I made my thoughts clear and I'm not trying to convince anybody.

No one in his right mind would say the world as we know it was created by mere chance. It was created by logical cause-effect processes during billions of years.

vlad321 said:
VXIII said:
vlad321 said:
VXIII said:
vlad321 said:

Or they just didn't end up being rational and mature enough to realize that the fairy tale they believe in is false.

You're still talking about religions while I'm talking about a totally different matter :)

Neither am I, but I guess you missed that point. Believing in ANYTHING is sign of immaturity and lack of rationality. Unless you believe that we don't know absoluitely jack shit to make bets on anything.

Oh wow !

You are not the one who determine that, The world isn't about you and what you believe , how is thinking otherwise immaturity? , we depend on believing in many things in our lives that are not solid facts , believing in the better future is what makes us work hard but , we don't know a better future is actually coming . Anyways there is no reason to continue this :)

It's not something I actually believe, it's something I'm rational enough to see since it's plainly obvious. The fact we don't know jack shit, not even a simple theory a la Big Bang, about anything that happens before a certain point in time is easily measureable and quatifiable (hence it's a FACT), and adopting beliefs based on not knowing shit is laughably irrational and immature.

I am assuming you pulled me being angry out of the same ass you pulled whatever belief you hold, both being laughable assumptions.

I'm not going to report you becuase I'm not like that <_< , is that the maturity you were talking about ... great .

Chrizum said:
VXIII said:
sapphi_snake said:
VXIII said:
oldschoolfool said:
VXIII said:

We are not talking about a single thing that happened , we are talking about a precis and very complicated system , it is impossible for such a system to exist and last by a mere chance . The world exist therefor it's some kind of achievement that's how things works in our reality , never went home and found a new laptop by chance :p , anyway I think I made my thoughts clear and I'm not trying to convince anybody.

No one in his right mind would say the world as we know it was created by mere chance. It was created by logical cause-effect processes during billions of years.

True , but how did that logical processes happened ... by chance , such things need some kind of planing and acting behind them , that's what I'm saying :)

-----

I'd also reply to Netyaroze if my english was helping, It's hard for me , I think I'm done here.

Around the Network
VXIII said:
vlad321 said:
VXIII said:
vlad321 said:
VXIII said:
vlad321 said:

Oh wow !

I'm not going to report you becuase I'm not like that <_< , is that the maturity you were talking about ... great .

Sorry, I don't belive people should sugarcoat things, seems you do though. Also, nice way to wiggle yourself out of a corner, changing the topic. That must be an original way to argue it would seem, very mature and rational too.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

vlad321 said:
VXIII said:
vlad321 said:
VXIII said:
vlad321 said:
VXIII said:
vlad321 said:

Oh wow !

Sorry, I don't belive people should sugarcoat things, seems you do though. Also, nice way to wiggle yourself out of a corner, changing the topic. That must be an original way to argue it would seem, very mature and rational too.

Come on xD , we are not in some kind of competition, I'm just here to post what I thought and I did in every way I could and I already told you that there is no reason to continue this, I'm not trying to convince or judge anyone therefor I'm not even arguing . 

Atheist is the belief that God, Gods, or a divine power does not exist.

Stating Atheism is the lack of a belief in God is false, because that same person could also have a lack of a belief that God doesn't exist. Rather, Someone with a lack of belief is better defined as an agnostic.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

VXIII said:
Chrizum said:
VXIII said:
sapphi_snake said:
VXIII said:
oldschoolfool said:
VXIII said:

True , but how did that logical processes happened ... by chance , such things need some kind of planing and acting behind them , that's what I'm saying :)

-----

I'd also reply to Netyaroze if my english was helping, It's hard for me , I think I'm done here.

Why do these processes need planning and acting behind them?

VXIII said:
Chrizum said:
VXIII said:
sapphi_snake said:
VXIII said:
oldschoolfool said:
VXIII said:

-----

Why do these processes need planning and acting behind them?